FWST Blog: Kosier and Jenkins out for Thursday... Kosier could be out for year

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I haven't given up but if he's out and the O-Line goes back to the play it displayed for a time without him then I certainly don't like our chances.

Now I'll cut the O-Line some credit in that because a portion of that was without Romo, and he makes a huge difference, but it was their piss poor play that got him injuried in the first place.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Where is Doug Free? Can he not play LG? I thought he played LG during the preseason???

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
FCBarca;2440691 said:
The Kosier debacle is really painful to see persist.

Offseason priorities have to have OL at the top of the list

Along with a No. 2 QB...

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Why does the coaching staff play Proctor? Is it because he sucks? Of is it because he's the next best LG? And is he really a revolving door? Was he a revolving door in all those games we won with him at LG. Including the other day when he replaced Kosier in the win at SF?

What a bunch of crybabies. Here's a hanky. Blow your damn nose.

Reaction score
Wow, I thought Holland was brought in to replace Kosier eventually but this guy can't even take Proctor's sport on the depth chart??? You've got to be kidding, looks like Denver stole a draft pick! I was wrong about him I guess.

:bang2:

WG5516

Reaction score
Rampage;2441097 said:
we've won 5 games with Proctor playing in place of Kosier.

Exactly...

Oh_Canada;2441106 said:
If Kyle Kosier is the key to the team's playoff aspirations...they weren't good enough to begin with.

The Giants lost there two best d-lineman and haven't missed a beat.

Exactly...

Taz;2441133 said:
in the san fran game they said they took him out for precautionary reasons. Which i can only assume was so he doesn't get injured. So why did they put him in for more reps now to get injured?

Exactly... It doesn't make sense.

juck

Reaction score
Doctor32;2441118 said:
...Says the Zone's resident Football Genius. Thank you for gracing this site with your infinite grid iron wisdom. AWESOME!

cmon dude u know this offense including barber isnt the same minus this guy.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
jobberone;2441265 said:
Why does the coaching staff play Proctor? Is it because he sucks? Of is it because he's the next best LG? And is he really a revolving door? Was he a revolving door in all those games we won with him at LG. Including the other day when he replaced Kosier in the win at SF?

What a bunch of crybabies. Here's a hanky. Blow your damn nose.
You see, when we overexaggerrate and speak in absolutist tones it's just keepin' it real.

You'd think we just be lining up with four offensive linemen, listening to some here.

cmacch

Reaction score
utrunner07;2441124 said:
Ive lost my mind? You're the one riding a dying three legged horse in the Kentucky Derby.

You know what? Go root for the Giants. Bandwagoner.

It makes me sick to see so many people giving up on this team. I believe firmly in the power of positive energy. You are all sending bad karma to the Cowboys and I for one don't appreciate it! :mad:

2much2soon

Reaction score
Rampage;2441266 said:
can he play nosetackle?

Now your talking.
How about LG and backup NT?
Seriously, as long as LA could stand up out there, he could at least pass block. Pretty sure he wouldn't be much help in the run game at his age unless some d-lineman was stupid enough to stand in his way.

Verdict

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2441269 said:
Wow, I thought Holland was brought in to replace Kosier eventually but this guy can't even take Proctor's sport on the depth chart??? You've got to be kidding, looks like Denver stole a draft pick! I was wrong about him I guess.

:bang2:

I have been thinking this exact same thing for a while. IIRC we traded for Holland during the season, in large part due to the injury to Kosier. If he can't crack the lineup and see playing time, it appears we mush have whiffed on that trade. Missing on a player seems like it hurts a little more when you trade for him on a knee-jerk reaction like this than when it is an off season draft pick.