FWST Blog: Wade says Ellis remains starter

tunahelper

Reaction score
This is solid proof that Wade is weak and must be fired!

Make a decision you soft bellied, spineless coach.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Wade needs stop worrying about players feelings. I like Greg Ellis, but Spencer clearly needs to get more playing time. I also think that Henry's spot also needs to be revisited. If this team is going to make a run, then they need to put the best 11 players on the field.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This guy is a clown.

He's clueless. No wonder this fat *** loser hasn't won a playoff game.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2405602 said:
Get all three of them on the field at the same time. I don't care if you have to move Ellis to DE again to do it.

Exactly what I have wanted ever since Spencer could play!:bang2:

silver

Reaction score
I want for Spencer to last more than 2 games without getting hurt before I appoint him the starter

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Not only does Anthony Spencer need to start, he needs to be playing a ton. Ellis needs his time slashed, big time. Ellis has rushed the passer many times this year, and he hasn't produced. Plus, he is exposed in coverage, and they are running right at his side.

Anthony Spencer is the future, and the future is now. He can rush the passer, play the run stout, and cover well. Go with the young guy, Wade. Don't put Greg Ellis' feelings ahead of the team. You are either with the team, or you are under the boot.

Why was Spencer still covering kicks coming off a knee injury and scope? I wonder if he hurt his hamstring while covering kicks. If he did, that injury probably could have been avoided by using him on defense. Does Ware cover kicks?

I would have pulled Spencer (a pass rusher) off special teams when he returned and started to phase him into the starting line-up, immediately.

Promote Spencer!

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;2405611 said:
This screams of sparing Greg's feelings...

Of course it is.

Wade is the little kid and the players are the doll...

[youtube]4j2xEwEHbrE[/youtube]

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2405602 said:
Get all three of them on the field at the same time. I don't care if you have to move Ellis to DE again to do it.

I agree. Ratliff, Ellis, Ware, Spencer and Hatcher. And I would love to see them standing up at times. Do you think that front could stop the run?

dcfanatic;2405923 said:
Of course it is.

Wade is the little kid and the players are the doll...

[youtube]4j2xEwEHbrE[/youtube]

Come on. Who cares who starts? The situation, score, yada has much more to do with personnel in the game than starters vs subs. I really don't see Ellis causing a problem here. It should actually help him to play less downs and play much more passing ones.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
who cares who's listed as the "starter" ?

Spencer logged more snaps last week vs NYG, and that was in his first game back after being injured since basically PS

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see he's gonna be on the field the majority of the time.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
That is weird unless he plans to move Ellis around or he's just wanting to make Ellis feel better by still refering to him as the starter.

I guess they could be having Ellis come out on the first first down of every game in order to remain the 'starter' by name only.

Frozen700

Reaction score
dbair1967;2406117 said:

Spencer logged more snaps last week vs NYG, and that was in his first game back after being injured since basically PS

Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see he's gonna be on the field the majority of the time.

he better have more again...like 60 snaps vs 20

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2405593 said:
Wade says Ellis remains starter

He continued, "Cuz I'm not man enough to make the necessary moves to improve this football team".

Section446

Reaction score
I'd still rather see Spencer starting. I just can't get myself to hop on the Ellis bandwagon.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Have Ellis start in place of Bradie James. Seriously.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
This disturbs me greatly and in my opinion it sends the wrong message to the team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2406117 said:

Two guys - Greg Ellis and Wade (please don't get mad at me) Phillips

dbair1967 said:

Also doesn't take one to see that he's playing better and deserves to start.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Terence Newman700;2406192 said:
he better have more again...like 60 snaps vs 20

I'd be hoping for 60 and 40-50 for Spencer and Ellis. I don't know how he can get Spencer, Ware and Ellis on the field at the same time and still stop the run.

The I think about taking a MLB out of the game and using Spencer in there at MLB.