FWST Blog: Witten: Romo is a leader

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys tight end Jason Witten said Wednesday there will be "no announcement," but Tony Romo is in the process of getting teammates organized for on-field sessions. Those workouts, which can't include coaches because of the lockout, are expected to begin next month.

Romo's leadership has been questioned by critics, especially after Jon Kitna took over the team last season in Romo's absence. But Witten defended his quarterback. Witten said Romo, who missed the final 10 games of last season with a broken clavicle, is the team's unquestioned leader and is showing it by taking charge of the workouts in absence of practices organized by the team.

-- Charean Williams

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2011/04/witten-romo-is-a-leader.html

-----------------

Hey, we needed another Romo, leader thread. :cool:

Primetime42

Reaction score
Stop. Stop. Just stop. Lock the thread before it gets out of hand. I'm getting sick of reading the drivel about what he supposedly is and isn't. Enough is enough already.

clutch88

Benched
Reaction score
I refuse to comment on this thread on the grounds that it might incriminate me. Go Boy's!!:star:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Again, if Cinci's #2 QB, Jordan Palmer, can organize things for his teammates, Romo should be able to do this too.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I do not recall EVER this type of discussion about Danny White, Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman.

As Willie once penned, "Me thinks though protest too much."

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;3916902 said:
I do not recall EVER this type of discussion about Danny White, Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman.

How dare you butcher Hamlet. The correct quote by the Queen is...

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Also, if you look it up "protest" in Early Modern English, the language of Sir William Shakespeare, you will find that it does not have the same meaning as today's word. It means a vow, in this case of affirmation, not denial. Hamlet asks the Queen how she likes the play and she says those words speaking of a female character in the play who is not showing her true feelings.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't bye it! I've been told by Cowboy Joe that he isn't, and I mean come on...that dude has his own war room. I've been told by KJJ that he wasn't, and anybody who drives a sweet silver Mazda Miata convertible like him has to be in the know. I was given at least three other names of people who said Tony wasn't a leader, and shown a power point presentation of the Tom Brady years from birth, through puberty, and into his leadership days to seal the point.

You no football understanding suckers may bye the hype of an all pro tight end, but I aint that stoopid.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;3916912 said:

Also, if you look it up "protest" in Early Modern English, the language of Sir William Shakespeare, you will find that it does not have the same meaning as today's word. It means a vow, in this case of affirmation, not denial. Hamlet asks the Queen how she likes the play and she says those words speaking of a female character in the play who is not showing her true feelings.
LOL-WUT.jpg

clutch88

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3916912 said:

Shouldn't that be in the literary forum....??:geek:

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Its funny how there has to be some public proclamation of his leadership. Is he a leader? Maybe. He is certainly more mature than he was in 2007. You dont hear other teams coming out and saying their QB is a leader. Maybe they do and I'm just not paying attention. I believe Tony (barring injuries) has 5-6 decent seasons left in him and if he wins a SB, then this is non-issue in most eyes.

:star:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JIMMYBUFFETT;3916916 said:
Sorry, I don't bye it! I've been told by Cowboy Joe that he isn't, and I mean come on...that dude has his own war room. I've been told by KJJ that he wasn't, and anybody who drives a sweet silver Mazda Miata convertible like him has to be in the know. I was given at least three other names of people who said Tony wasn't a leader, and shown a power point presentation of the Tom Brady years from birth, through puberty, and into his leadership days to seal the point.

You no football understanding suckers may bye the hype of an all pro tight end, but I aint that stoopid.
Quoted for Truth, Justice AND the American Way!
american_flag_waving__animated_.gif

birdwells1

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;3916916 said:

In other news, Jerry Jones's job as a GM has been questioned by critics but Stephen Jones defended his dad err boss and said that "Jerry is doing an unquestionably great job as the GM of the Dallas Cowboys."

from BFF Weekly

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
TwoDeep3;3916902 said:

It's because this age is WAY different then when these three played. Staubach didn't have 24 hr a day coverage in saturated sports market where the chief aim is to be the first to report something juicy so you are heard above the noise. I'd also assert that today stories are approach from a negative angle far more then they used to be.