FWST Blog: Witten: Romo is a leader

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;3916931 said:
Look it up if it was over your head. It isn't that hard.
I was similarly outraged by people's misuse of Hamlet on Cowboyszone.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
superpunk;3917025 said:
I was similarly outraged by people's misuse of Hamlet on Cowboyszone.
So you punctuated your outrage with a lame "lul wut?" graphic? That is a strange way to show outrage. Sort of like stomping off in a huff to go suck your thumb. As if I am punished by your crooked teeth.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JIMMYBUFFETT;3916916 said:
Sorry, I don't bye it! I've been told by Cowboy Joe that he isn't, and I mean come on...that dude has his own war room. I've been told by KJJ that he wasn't, and anybody who drives a sweet silver Mazda Miata convertible like him has to be in the know. I was given at least three other names of people who said Tony wasn't a leader, and shown a power point presentation of the Tom Brady years from birth, through puberty, and into his leadership days to seal the point.

You no football understanding suckers may bye the hype of an all pro tight end, but I aint that stoopid.

:laugh2:

Plumfool

Reaction score
Hostile;3916912 said:
How dare you butcher Hamlet. The correct quote by the Queen is...

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Also, if you look it up "protest" in Early Modern English, the language of Sir William Shakespeare, you will find that it does not have the same meaning as today's word. It means a vow, in this case of affirmation, not denial. Hamlet asks the Queen how she likes the play and she says those words speaking of a female character in the play who is not showing her true feelings.

Finally a highbrowed approach in cz.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
For those who do not know, TD3 and I have discussed literature privately many times. Trust me, he got the joke I am teasing him about.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
JIMMYBUFFETT;3916916 said:
Sorry, I don't bye it! I've been told by Cowboy Joe that he isn't, and I mean come on...that dude has his own war room. I've been told by KJJ that he wasn't, and anybody who drives a sweet silver Mazda Miata convertible like him has to be in the know. I was given at least three other names of people who said Tony wasn't a leader, and shown a power point presentation of the Tom Brady years from birth, through puberty, and into his leadership days to seal the point.

You no football understanding suckers may bye the hype of an all pro tight end, but I aint that stoopid.

Romo is a leader, but how much a leader. Using Romo's own words here next. You have to improve every year and continue to grow. Something about I dont think being a leader is all its cracked up to be, something like that.

When Romo made steps towards cutting down on his interceptions, when romo missed one golf tournament, I said romo is taking another step in leadership. When romo by encouragement from jason garrett when wade was head coach and wade didnt want errors on practice field fixed right then but at film study or the next day. But romo said we need to fix those errors right now, to get better, i praised romo and said he is taking another step. Even Aikman said he didnt know what winning championships was really about, till charles haley got here. You have to learn that as a player. Romo is getting there, just has to take a few more baby steps. Aikman had to take some too and learn some even from Raiders qB that we got one year and helped tutor aikman some. Cant think of his name right now, but played for raiders, then cowboys. Romo i think saw some things from kitna, last year, takes time.

If you go back and read some of my posts you will see that i said romo is almost there as an elite qb, but just needs to take a few more baby steps.

when some fans were getting on romo for interceptions in 1st game againsts giants in cowboys stadium, i said he has to learn and grow. He will learn give him a chance.

Even Staubach had to learn about reading defenses.

Now, as to being an elite qb, that is a qb to me like a joe montana, terry bradshaw, roger staubach, troy aikman that has won NFC championship games and super bowls. Thats the bottom line in the NFL, how many superbowls have you won.

then your elite when you win superbowls to me.

romo is getting there, just has some things to learn and what it really takes deep down. I have never questioned literally his working out, but the little details, the little things along the way that you have to learn as an elite qb, and you win. Bottom Line!

I want romo to win, along with jason witten at least 2 to 3 superbowls before that window closes. Remember jason witten is getting older too and romo said he would retire when witten retires.

when romo is on tv, scores, im rooting for him, when he messes up, sure i say dang it, but he has got to learn and see things, so next time he is better, Just takes time. But this whole mess again was what jerry jones allowed to a degree with doofus wade that didnt believe in hitting and tackling in training camp, workiong out in shorts, and in small groups, not as a whole team on practice field. That whole atmosphere has dwindled down to the players, with their attitude. Just like Jason Garrett said the other day, sure, you have to learn things, even as a head coach and continue to grow. Learing and growing, thats a part of life.

But I do believe that Jason Garrett will change all that with hard work, again, i cant wait till draft time and training camp with jason garrett. Boy, oh boy, i cant wait, the players have a huge surprise coming, Hard Work! No more Excuses for being late, etc and working in pads. Wooohooo! :starspin

Side Note, about done with my war room will have it ready sometime saturday for sure if not later tonight.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile;3917051 said:
So you punctuated your outrage with a lame "lul wut?" graphic? That is a strange way to show outrage. Sort of like stomping off in a huff to go suck your thumb. As if I am punished by your crooked teeth.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo's leadership has been questioned by critics, especially after Jon Kitna took over the team last season in Romo's absence.

Strange, I thought only me and 2 others on this forum were questioning Romo's leadership at least that's what I was told. :p:

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
what would you expect Witten to say, he's tony's friend and he's a team mate, the real news would of been if witten said Tony wasn't a leader

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
zrinkill;3917156 said:
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v210/zrinkill/102725744-thumb-250x167-80912.jpg

hey zrinkill i thought you said aikman didnt play golf? or was that bowling? I know aikman was at charity golf events by jerry jones and cowboys

and best i remember, nate newton told me, aikman and some other cowboys players went bowling for a charity event :D

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
KJJ;3917139 said:
Strange, I thought only me and 2 others on this forum were questioning Romo's leadership at least that's what I was told. :p:

it sure is strange isnt it KJJ? :D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
cowboyjoe;3917160 said:
hey zrinkill i thought you said aikman didnt play golf?

Nope ...... you are the only one who acts like Romo is the only guy who played golf while QB'ing for the Dallas Cowboys.

I said he never hung out with his teammates other than Jay and Moose.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
KJJ;3917139 said:

Sure was vague in his "critics"

Wonder why ..... :laugh2:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3917162 said:
it sure is strange isnt it KJJ? :D

Joe it's amazing the influence a few of us have here. :p:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
zrinkill;3917172 said:
Sure was vague in his "critics"

Wonder why ..... :laugh2:

Sure looks like his critics are very influential. This perception of Romo all started with me and 2 others here. :laugh2: