FWST/DMN Blog: Aqib Talib a no-show at Valley Ranch

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2033414 said:
If I were Talib and had a scheduling conflict I'd overreact and get my agent to get me to VR and be guilty as charged. :)

if you were talib you'd just hate yourself, dude! : )

:eek:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
iceberg;2033336 said:
not really saying anyone did. but there were some people pretty upset and HOW DARE HE not come to valley ranch postings going on. a lot of people knee-jerked on talib...guilt, and hopefully next time won't be so quick to judge.

I'm not interested in him and his "scheduling conflict" gives me yet another reason to look the other way. As another poster put it, we're already going after Pacman. We don't two players at the same position with potential issues. If we pickup Talib fine but I won't be happy about it... carry on.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
abersonc;2032482 said:
Probably says a bit more about how screwed up air travel is right now. Anyone who puts this on Talib is being silly.

Exactly. There may be many reasons why he couldn't make it. Alot of people jumping the gun around here. He may have rescheduled and it most likely isn't a big deal to the folks at VR.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2033679 said:
Exactly. There may be many reasons why he couldn't make it. Alot of people jumping the gun around here. He may have rescheduled and it most likely isn't a big deal to the folks at VR.

Jump the gun a bit? Can you link me to the follow up story?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bleu Star;2033808 said:
Jump the gun a bit? Can you link me to the follow up story?
per DMN Breer, FWIW

Now, Talib didn't come, as scheduled, to Dallas Day yesterday. But from everything I heard, that was "no one's fault" and there was no indication it was anything but a scheduling conflict. So I think anyone reading more into it than that should probably calm down.

Tex

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2033679 said:

I just don't get you guys. He had said he would be here friday. Instead he scheduled visits with other teams. Which is fine.

Unfortunatley his agent sorta dropped the ball and forgot to inform VR is what it sounds like. They just should of called. This was NOT problems with air travel. NO ONE ever said that. It was scheduling conflict because THEY SAID HE WAS VISITING OTHER TEAMS.

Which again is FINE. But someone should of called so it didnt appear he was a no show. It was announced as a scheduling conflict later Friday. Meaning THEY KNEW the day before at least that he would not show. His agent blew this one for the kid. Talib didnt make this decision. His agent did and his agent should of made sure that either he or Talib called to let them know.

This was just a way for the Cowboys not to use one of their other limited visits because they could have him in on their local day.

This wasnt a big deal but quit making excuses. This was NOT a problem with air travel. They said he was visiting other teams instead and I have ZERO problem with that.

But they should of called Thursday at LEAST and let them know.

Instead of making it sound like it was just a no show when he was expected to be there Friday morning. This wasn't Talib's fault. This was his agents job. And he blew it for the kid.

Tex

Tex

Reaction score
sorry for the double post... my laptop is acting goofy. If a mod sees this please clean up the mess.

Thanks

Tex

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Tex;2033854 said:
I just don't get you guys. He had said he would be here friday. Instead he scheduled visits with other teams. Which is fine.

Unfortunatley his agent sorta dropped the ball and forgot to inform VR is what it sounds like. They just should of called. This was NOT problems with air travel. NO ONE ever said that. It was scheduling conflict because THEY SAID HE WAS VISITING OTHER TEAMS.

Which again is FINE. But someone should of called so it didnt appear he was a no show. It was announced as a scheduling conflict later Friday. Meaning THEY KNEW the day before at least that he would not show. His agent blew this one for the kid. Talib didnt make this decision. His agent did and his agent should of made sure that either he or Talib called to let them know.

This was just a way for the Cowboys not to use one of their other limited visits because they could have him in on their local day.

This wasnt a big deal but quit making excuses. This was NOT a problem with air travel. They said he was visiting other teams instead and I have ZERO problem with that.

Instead of making it sound like it was just a no show when he was expected to be there Friday morning. This wasn't Talib's fault. This was his agents job. And he blew it for the kid.

Tex
This is probably the best scenario on what happened...IMO anyway.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tex;2033854 said:

Tex
The problem is no one knows when the folks at Valley Ranch were informed of his potential absence. We just know the time it was reported. The originating post said 'unexplained" meaning the writer didn't know and neither did his source. The second and all follow-up responses have just stated "scheduling conflicts" Whatever that means.

Also, no one knows anything about WHY he couldn't make it. It is absolutely reasonable to think that the air travel issues last week could have caused problems regarding the coordination of his travels.

You're absolutely right in that it wasn't a big deal, but assuming anything one way or the other is a waste of time. I think outside of any issues regarding his ability, I think there are some who are legitimately pissed that he would dare to "blow off" THE DALLAS COWBOYS.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2033845 said:
per DMN Breer, FWIW

I read that earlier and it didn't explain much. Sounded more like heresy rather than actual fact.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bleu Star;2034269 said:
I read that earlier and it didn't explain much. Sounded more like heresy rather than actual fact.
Which is pretty much all there is to go by. The only fact out there is there was a scheduling conflict. Period.

There's been no other information reported as to when the folks at VR were contacted or why he couldn't make it. So assuming anything beyond what was stated seems a waste of time.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2034277 said:
Which is pretty much all there is to go by. The only fact out there is there was a scheduling conflict. Period.

There's been no other information reported as to when the folks at VR were contacted or why he couldn't make it. So assuming anything beyond what was stated seems a waste of time.

I just don't see the logic in going after a corner in the draft with a proven history of issues after potentially signing Pacman to play the same position. That's putting an enormous amount of pressure on the great Calvin Hill. JMO

Assuming Pac is reinstated and we get him of course...

Gawd, hurry up draft... Antoine Cason at #22 pls. :pray:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Why would there be a scheduling conflict? It's not like Dallas Day was a surprise to him. And since the local days are far more significant than routine fly-ins, why would he have scheduled an interview with another team on Dallas Day?

And if he did, why not re-schedule that interview rather than his Dallas workout?

I also didn't know the entire US airline industry was grounded last weekend post-9/11 style.

Like Sarge said, the whole thing just smells.

Either that or it's another Jerry smokescreen. ;)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;2034755 said:
Hopefully he doesn't make it to Dallas on draft day either.
zOMG stop freaking out!!!11 You never know, he could have had pancreatic surguriz! and such as.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2032472 said:
Agreed, you dont skip a job interview............dumb move on his part.

Between blowing the Cowboys off and failing multiple drug tests in college, I take this guy off the board this afternoon.

Agreed.

I am very selective about what I put on a pedestal. Interviewing for Cowboys would pedestal stuff. This guy is an idiot.