FWST/DMN Blog: Aqib Talib a no-show at Valley Ranch

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Rack;2032592 said:
Some of you people are ridiculous.

None of you mental midgets knows why he couldn't make it, but you're automatically assuming he's "Blowing the cowboys off"?

What if he's at a funeral?

What if he already had other teams scheduled?

What if he couldn't get a flight to Dallas?

How about wait to find out his reasons for not making it before we banish him to the phantom zone?
I think the problem some people have is the "unexplained" absence. It implied that the team wasn't informed of him missing before hand, which would appear as though he was blowing the team off.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Just cuz the writer used the word "Unexplained" Doesn't mean it came from a Cowboys official.

It could just mean exactly what the word itself means... he isn't there and no one explained to them why he wasn't there.

Getting yourself all emotional over a freakin' word (used by a writer, not a cowboys team official) is ridiculous.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
theogt;2032596 said:
I think it should be EXTREMELY obvious that this could have a real impact on whether we draft him or not. He does have character issues. And if we can't get him in to talk to him for an extended period of time, we may opt to draft another player.

And since no one on this board has actually said they're "taking them off their board" solely for this reason, I don't know what you're crowing about.

Again, if this is something where the team feels he blew them off, sure. But it more likely means that we tried to get him in here for "free" on Dallas day and are now going to have to visit with him using one of our alloted 30 visits. Given that most teams end up bringing in some marginal guys during that time, I can't see us not having him out then.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
monty_python_witch-701441.jpg

He's a witch! Burn him!​
(even though we don't know why)

Tex

Reaction score
Rack;2032592 said:
Some of you people are ridiculous.

None of you mental midgets knows why he couldn't make it, but you're automatically assuming he's "Blowing the cowboys off"?

What if he's at a funeral?

What if he already had other teams scheduled?

What if he couldn't get a flight to Dallas?

How about wait to find out his reasons for not making it before we banish him to the phantom zone?

One of the lamest posts you have made here.

HE ACCEPTED and said HE WOULD BE HERE TODAY AT VR. You think we called him last night and invited him? B.S.

And if he had a conflict.... I just bet he or his agent have a cell phone and Jerrys number. I bet TAlib has several cell phones.

There is no excuse to just be unexplained no-show. Thats irresponsible. If your flight is canceled. Your grandma died or WHATEVER... You pick up a phone and apologize and explain why. Common courtesy.

Tex

Eskimo

Reaction score
People should give him a break on this - scheduling conflicts happen in life and does not imply a lack of responsibility or malice.

Eskimo

Reaction score
One of the best medical residents to ever come to our institution ended up missing his interview for his residency position. He called in to explain the situation and we conducted a phone interview. He was gracious, had a good interview and was offered a position which he accepted. It worked out well for everyone.

Interestingly enough, he ended up in Dallas at the Parkland Institute.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Eskimo;2032691 said:
One of the best medical residents to ever come to our institution ended up missing his interview for his residency position. He called in to explain the situation and we conducted a phone interview. He was gracious, had a good interview and was offered a position which he accepted. It worked out well for everyone.

Interestingly enough, he ended up in Dallas at the Parkland Institute.

So where does this fall under "unexplained absence"?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2032694 said:

We aren't privy to any conversations that took place between him and VR. There probably is an explanation, we just haven't heard it.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Eskimo;2032699 said:
We aren't privy to any conversations that took place between him and VR. There probably is an explanation, we just haven't heard it.

Ok. I'll take your word for it. :blind: By the way, when will you be giving me a tour of VR?

Eskimo

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2032703 said:
Ok. I'll take your word for it. :blind: By the way, when will you be giving me a tour of VR?

If you believe journalists have 100% acess to information and are 100% accurate in dissemination of information than you have much more faith in them than I do.

BTW, I am not defending Talib here - I prefer DRC or Cason. I'm just saying we don't know enough about this situation to make any definitive comments.

adamknite

Reaction score
He may have a good excuse for not showing, but on the surface, it doesn't look good on him right now. Hopefully, it'll get cleared up and we'll know the reason.

For his sake, I hope it was something he had no control over, because if it isn't then I'm sure a lot of teams would raise an eyebrow to this incident.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2032710 said:
Who knew this thread would blow up in this way...

Sorry. I'll go back into my hole now. Pls ring the bell when it's dinnertime. ;)

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;2032576 said:
I get a BAD vibe from this clown.
The force is strong with this one.

You read your vibes well Sarge.

I've been watching his act his entire career. I'm a KU homer. I don't want him. Nuff said?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2032694 said:

um...he missed his interview and *later* called to explain. THEN he got the interview.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
big dog cowboy;2032723 said:
The force is strong with this one.

You read your vibes well Sarge.

I've been watching his act his entire career. I'm a KU homer. I don't want him. Nuff said?

Gotcha............. ;)