FWST/DMN Blog: Aqib Talib a no-show at Valley Ranch

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
iceberg;2032726 said:
um...he missed his interview and *later* called to explain. THEN he got the interview.

You obviously missed my point. Tis ok.

Has Talib called to explain? Let me know.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i never liked this guy and i never wanted him.....i dont know the full story, but i hope it is negative enough to cause the Jerry and Co. to completely toss him off their draft board.....

give me Antione Cason in a heartbeat.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
Biggems;2032743 said:
i never liked this guy and i never wanted him.....i dont know the full story, but i hope it is negative enough to cause the Jerry and Co. to completely toss him off their draft board.....

give me Antione Cason in a heartbeat.

I aree 100%. who cares about him it is his lost for not showing up

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I agree that the blame should not be put upon Talib. However, I think we need to think long and hard before we draft him. He clearly has some off the field issues that he needs to explain to the cowboys staff. It is not for me too say whether or not they can be overcome. IMO we are already trying to gain a VERY VERY VERY high risk player and do not need two risk players at the same position.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2032753 said:
we are already trying to gain a VERY VERY VERY high risk player and do not need two risk players at the same position.

Game. Set. Match.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2032736 said:
You obviously missed my point. Tis ok.

Has Talib called to explain? Let me know.

you're mistaking me for someone arguing either way. and no, i didn't miss the point. i caught it quite clearly.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Tex;2032685 said:
One of the lamest posts you have made here.

HE ACCEPTED and said HE WOULD BE HERE TODAY AT VR. You think we called him last night and invited him? B.S.

And if he had a conflict.... I just bet he or his agent have a cell phone and Jerrys number. I bet TAlib has several cell phones.

There is no excuse to just be unexplained no-show. Thats irresponsible. If your flight is canceled. Your grandma died or WHATEVER... You pick up a phone and apologize and explain why. Common courtesy.

Tex

1. You sure did a helluva job topping my "lame" post.

2. There are no excuses? How the hell do you know? Are you Talib's momma? How the freakin' hell do you know if he did or didn't call the cowboys organization to explain why he didn't make it? Just cuz the writer didn't know why doesn't mean the cowboys don't know why.

Next time try using every ounce of power in that tiny little brain of yours before you go flapping your gums.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
Eskimo;2032706 said:
If you believe journalists have 100% acess to information and are 100% accurate in dissemination of information than you have much more faith in them than I do.

BTW, I am not defending Talib here - I prefer DRC or Cason. I'm just saying we don't know enough about this situation to make any definitive comments.
Why even bother? The people who did not want him were looking for a reason not to draft him. Talib gave them two: 1) marijuana use, and 2) supposedly blowing off his VR visit

I would still take him in the 1st round if available, but what do I know? I'm FOR getting Pacman..... :)

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Can you guys who are defending talib answer me this.

If you had a job interview set up and didn't show up and didn't explain yourself you don't think thats a negative reflection upon yourself. Even if there is a scheduling conflict the interview was set up a month in advanced so what was so important that had you blow off your initial interview?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KU coaches have Talib's back

12:35 PM Sat, Apr 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Albert Breer http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Kansas CB Aqib Talib's had plenty of questions to answer over the last few days.

There was the story that leaked out about failed drug tests as a collegian, and whispers about other character concerns. All of which, according to Jayhawks coach Mark Mangino, are unfounded.

"Aqib is an intelligent young man and he speaks well, and he can represent himself well, and I'm not going to comment on that because it's not appropriate," Mangino told the Kansas City Star. "But I can tell you this, his last two seasons in our program, he was a role-model player. He's a guy you'd have baby-sit your kids, you can trust him. Give him credit, he's a success story, he's turned his life around."

Now, Talib didn't come, as scheduled, to Dallas Day yesterday. But from everything I heard, that was "no one's fault" and there was no indication it was anything but a scheduling conflict. So I think anyone reading more into it than that should probably calm down.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
wonder if anyone will. (admit it was an overreaction and calm down)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
iceberg;2033321 said:
wonder if anyone will. (admit it was an overreaction and calm down)
Holy cow, we've gone over this. Who overreacted? No one based their opinion of the guy on this incident alone.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt;2033330 said:
Holy cow, we've gone over this. Who overreacted? No one based their opinion of the guy on this incident alone.

not really saying anyone did. but there were some people pretty upset and HOW DARE HE not come to valley ranch postings going on. a lot of people knee-jerked on talib...guilt, and hopefully next time won't be so quick to judge.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
iceberg;2033336 said:
not really saying anyone did. but there were some people pretty upset and HOW DARE HE not come to valley ranch postings going on. a lot of people knee-jerked on talib...guilt, and hopefully next time won't be so quick to judge.
It depends on whether he "blew off" showing up. If he didn't call ahead of time and just no-showed, that's pretty crappy. The original report seemed to indicate that was the case, so I don't get why someone would be wrong about being miffed about him no-showing.

The Rawhide Kid

Gunslinger
Reaction score
iceberg;2033336 said:
Has anyone found out why he couldn't show up? I wouldn't pass judgment on him until we find out why he was a no-show. But, if it comes out that he had no valid reason, then I would shy away from him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Eskimo;2032689 said:
People should give him a break on this - scheduling conflicts happen in life and does not imply a lack of responsibility or malice.

Especially considering they don't know what the nature of the conflict was. There are always acceptable mitigating circumstances and making claims on this without complete knowledge is stupid.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt;2033340 said:
It depends on whether he "blew off" showing up. If he didn't call ahead of time and just no-showed, that's pretty crappy. The original report seemed to indicate that was the case, so I don't get why someone would be wrong about being miffed about him no-showing.

right or wrong they're gonna do it, that's for sure. but it just seems you can make "bad" assumptions about why he didn't show but you can't make "good" assumptions cause the article didn't say that. just seemed a little like a one-way street in that convo.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
iceberg;2033357 said:
right or wrong they're gonna do it, that's for sure. but it just seems you can make "bad" assumptions about why he didn't show but you can't make "good" assumptions cause the article didn't say that. just seemed a little like a one-way street in that convo.

Consider the source.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
If I were Talib and had a scheduling conflict I'd overreact and get my agent to get me to VR and be guilty as charged. :)