FWST/DMN Blog: Aqib Talib a no-show at Valley Ranch

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kansas cornerback Aqib Talib was expected to workout for the Cowboys on Friday at Dallas Day but was an unexplained no-show. Talib is regarded as one of the top five cornerbacks in the draft and a player the Cowboys may target at No. 22 if he is available.

The Cowboys worked out 31 players from local colleges and high schools and could have benefitted from seeing Talib train at Valley Ranch. Talib, however, is expected to come to Valley Ranch for a pre-draft visit. More to come on the doings at Dallas Day.

_ Rick Herrin

Posted at 12:53 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Dallas Day done

12:44 PM Fri, Apr 11, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

The Cowboys just wrapped up their "Dallas Day" workouts, and the 30 or so players have come and gone after eating a barbecue lunch courtesy of the team.

The highest profile prospect slated to be here -- Kansas CB Aqib Talib -- couldn't make it because of a scheduling conflict. He's going through a tour of visits right now, with the draft two weeks away, and he and the Cowboys couldn't make it work today.

The rules, as they were explained to me, work like this: Anyone who's hometown or college is in the Dallas metropolitan area, as defined by Rand McNally, is allowed to come. That meant prospects from SMU and TCU, as well as guys like Texas' Brandon Foster and Colorado's Terence Wheatley, who hail from the area, made up the group.

Wheatley, by the way, is probably the guy here who will be drafted highest. We'll have more to come from this end over the course of the afternoon.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I don't want this player and hope it looks bad on him--sorry to the Zoners who support this player....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
theogt;2032466 said:
Good. Let's draft Cason at 28 instead.

Agreed, you dont skip a job interview............dumb move on his part.

Between blowing the Cowboys off and failing multiple drug tests in college, I take this guy off the board this afternoon.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
theogt;2032466 said:
Good. Let's draft Cason at 28 instead.

I'm on board. I haven't bee that high on Talib for a long while and don't really want to see him in Dallas at all.

QT

Reaction score
He's from Dallas and can't make the workout? Screw him... OVER-RATED...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2032435 said:
I don't want this player and hope it looks bad on him--sorry to the Zoners who support this player....

Probably says a bit more about how screwed up air travel is right now. Anyone who puts this on Talib is being silly.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I dont want him or anything but I dont see this as anything people should be upset with him about from this article.

Im not a fan of his though but he could be ok in a Tampa 2 system sitting in Zone coverage.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
What team would he prefer to play for over the Cowboys?

He gives VR a pass, I think VR will give Talib a pass.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
QuanTran;2032476 said:
He's from Dallas and can't make the workout? Screw him... OVER-RATED...

Yes. Blame Talib for American Airlines canceling most of its Dallas flights. I just flew out of SF and American's problems were making a mess out of the flights there -- those cancellations have 100s of people on standby in SFO.

Now just what do you think the situation at their freaking HUB is?

Anyone who blames Talib for this is being moronic.

Jay-D

Reaction score
abersonc;2032482 said:
Probably says a bit more about how screwed up air travel is right now. Anyone who puts this on Talib is being silly.

It says he had a scheduling conflict.....not a cancelled flight.

All I know is if the Dallas Cowboys wanted me to come in for a work out, I'd drive there if I had to.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I still see him as 1st rd talent and should the other top CB be off the board then I would have no issue drafting him. He is not my 1st choice of out of the top 4 to 5 CB but he is a very good CB and worthy of the 1st rd grade

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I still see him as 1st rd talent and should the other top CB be off the board then I would have no issue drafting him. He is not my 1st choice of out of the top 4 to 5 CB but he is a very good CB and worthy of the 1st rd grade

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Jay-D;2032494 said:

All I know is if the Dallas Cowboys wanted me to come in for a work out, I'd drive there if I had to.

It also doesn't say that he didn't want to come now does it. He's got to make as many stops as he could -- if driving to Dallas from wherever he currently is would make him miss 3-4 other visits then there is no team in the league that would hold that against him. The only people who would hold it against him are ignorant fans.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
abersonc;2032482 said:

thank you. my boss also had a business trip cancelled cause american had to pull all their md80s and that's like 90% of their fleet.

also - from the article:
The highest profile prospect slated to be here -- Kansas CB Aqib Talib -- couldn't make it because of a scheduling conflict. He's going through a tour of visits right now, with the draft two weeks away, and he and the Cowboys couldn't make it work today.

seems some knees are a jerkin on this one and people just are too ready and willing to believe this is bad.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Jay-D;2032494 said:

i would think most fans would. but what if, go with me here for a bit - WHAT IF....he was already scheduled to be interviewed by other teams first? or had other workouts already scheduled?

would you call him dependable if he didn't show to those just so he could show up here? relax, he's still coming in for a visit, he just couldn't do it today.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For those of you who remember at least he didn't show up wearing a Vikings shirt.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
iceberg;2032498 said:
thank you. my boss also had a business trip cancelled cause american had to pull all their md80s and that's like 90% of their fleet.

also - from the article:

seems some knees are a jerkin on this one and people just are too ready and willing to believe this is bad.

....and the first article states he was an "unexplained no-show".

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;2032505 said:
....and the first article states he was an "unexplained no-show".

we have no idea why he couldn't make it but man alive some people out there sure do wanna assume he just dis'd us, don't they arch?

how's the UK? i've got a stalker over there can you go take care of her for me?