FWST/DMN Blog: WR Roy Williams has hurt foot *Merge*

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2462998 said:
I am starting to get concerned about his lack of invovlement in the offense.

We gave up a 1,3,6 for him and he has 1 TD on the season.

I expected more for those type of picks.:mad:
me too.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Rampage;2463007 said:

:rolleyes:

Have you boys not seen the games that T.O. and Witten have had with Romo and Williams together?

Do you think its just a coincidence?

Williams is already doing a great job of freeing up either T.O. and Witten ..... and will be even better after he has had more time with Romo.

Unreal how some of you think.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2462999 said:
Sometimes I think that it just isn't going to be our year.

Last year was a golden opportunity thrown in the garbage. A generally healthy team with HFA. This year should be a lesson to these guys that opportunities like last year don't come along very often.

Spot on.

We had the perfect storm set up last year...........home field advantage, healthy team, 13 probowlers, ect...

And we pissed it all away.:mad:

Opportunities like that dont come around very often in the NFL and if you dont take advantage of them (like we did), you never know when you are going to get a second chance. Might be a very, very long time.:mad:

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Its not going to just happen overnight.

1, 3, and 6. What do you think you would get from this picks anyway? I'll start to worry if he hasn't started producing as expected by the end of next year. Hes had an impact, no doubt. Its just crazy to think that you can plug him in and have things click.

One area I would agree is that he doesn't get a lot of passes his way. I think that will come in time though.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2462957 said:
I don't care if they have to put him out there in an electric wheel chair with NOS tanks...we need him to play to help take pressure off of Witten and To and to keep them from loading the box vs the run.

You would make a great coach. :) "just rub some dirt on it and get out there"

:p:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
zrinkill;2463014 said:

Have you boys not seen the games that T.O. and Witten have had with Romo and Williams together?

Williams is already doing a great job of freeing up either T.O. and Witten ..... and will be even better after he has had more time with Romo.

This is the problem I have with the "freeing up others" argument.

Why do other teams seem to not have a problem getting the ball to their main stud, but we have to trade half of our draft to free up our main stud?

The Panthers have Steve Smith and "I cant name any other WRs off the top of my head" WR core. However, every freaking week the highlights of the Panthers have Smith catching balls all over the dam field.

The Patriots dont seem to have much of a problem getting the ball to Moss considering they have JACK across from him.

The Falcons dont seen to have a problem getting the ball to Roddy White, I see him running all over the field in the highlights each week and I cant even name another WR off that team from the top of my head.

Tampa gets the ball to Joey Gallaway with Casper lined up across from him.

Houston gets the ball to Andre Johnson when the rest of the team is crap.

Detroit gets the ball to Calvin Johnson when the rest of the team is barely division 1 competitive.

So how do all these teams get the ball to their main stud, but we have to trade half our draft to get a guy that is not going to score himself, but free up coverage for our main stud.

Are the other teams just that much better at running plays that they dont have to trade half their draft for a freaking decoy to get the ball to their main guys??

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2463017 said:
Opportunities like that dont come around very often in the NFL and if you dont take advantage of them (like we did), you never know when you are going to get a second chance. Might be a very, very long time.:mad:

I might agree with you except for two words: Tony Romo.

Think about all the teams you can remember that had or have staying power in this league. Many times, the coaches get a lot of accolades for getting their teams to play at a high level year after year -- most recently, I would say that would apply to the Patriots and Colts. In the NFC East, it is the Eagles that have had the most dominant run recently, when they ripped off like 4 straight division titles. In the process, guys like Bill Belichick, Tony Dungy and Andy Reid built reputations as some of the finest coaches in the league.

But look closer -- what did all these guys have? Great QBs. As we all know, Brady and Manning are considered the top two QBs in the league and have been the two representatives in the AFC championship game and SB over the past few years more often than not. And while it's fun to criticize Donovan McNabb, let's face facts -- he was a DOMINANT QB in his prime, second in league MVP voting in his first full year as a starter and breaking any number of other records along the way. This year, Brady went down, Manning has been very sub-par and McNabb got benched recently. These "great" coaches have done an admirable job, but none of these teams are nearly as dominant without their usual great QB play.

No sir, we have one of the top two or three QBs in the league (the best if you want to look at QB rating) and as a result, we will be around for awhile. Do NOT underestimate the advantage of having a great QB. It means nearly everything to longetivity in this league.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
YoMick;2462878 said:
What?

Wade... what the heck is wrong with you?? How could you let him sit out??

What really angers me is how the medical staff could reinjure the guy on friday;)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
This isn't even news. At this point in the season, if you don't have aches and pains, you aren't playing.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Juke99;2463034 said:
You would make a great coach. :) "just rub some dirt on it and get out there"

:p:

That's about the only medical procedure I can afford right now.:laugh2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2463054 said:
That's about the only medical procedure I can afford right now.:laugh2:

I'll do your vasectomy for $12.50. Undercoating included.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
TheCount;2463053 said:
This isn't even news. At this point in the season, if you don't have aches and pains, you aren't playing.

That's for sure!

Angus

Reaction score

A bad trade, IMO.

:)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;2463057 said:
I'll do your vasectomy for $12.50. Undercoating included.
I'll pay for it, but you have to videotape it for me. I've wanted to see him in pain for some time now. It'd be worth the 12 and a half.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
woops I completely missed this thread, sorry about that.

December 5, 2008

WR Roy Williams pops up on injury report

2:39 PM Fri, Dec 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

We had a little surprise on today's injury report. WR Roy Williams didn't practice because of a foot injury. He's listed as probable.
RB Marion Barber (toe) is questionable. OLB DeMarcus Ware (knee) fully

Everson24

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2463017 said:
Spot on.

We had the perfect storm set up last year...........home field advantage, healthy team, 13 probowlers, ect...

And we pissed it all away.:mad:

I bet this team wishes it would have taken that Giants game more seriously. What we wouldn't give now for HFA and a healthly roster. Especially when you realize how few times we've had home field advantage.

The funny thing is if we had known the Giants were going to win the Super Bowl and that they would be 11-1 at this point there is no way we wouldn't have been ready for that game.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
zrinkill;2463014 said:

don't forget the 3 games when he had no QB....