FWST/DMN Blog: WR Roy Williams has hurt foot *Merge*

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2463424 said:
So you think it's mere coincindence that TO has played his two most productive games of the season with Roy Williams starting opposite him?

Had nothing to do with Roy, zero, Romo is back!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2463455 said:
Had nothing to do with Roy, zero, Romo is back!

So what about all the early season games in which Romo was healthy yet TO's production was lacking?

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2463460 said:
So what about all the early season games in which Romo was healthy yet TO's production was lacking?

Oline didn't play well. Come on, everybody is reporting that Williams has been a non-factor since being traded here. 3 catches a game is horrible no matter how you slice it. Texas fans are in blind to see it.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
What's the NFL record for most significant injuries (I'll define that as an injury that causes a player to miss one or more games) on a team in a season?

All we need now is for Terrell Owens and a couple of the offensive linemen to go down.

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2463473 said:
What's the NFL record for most significant injuries (I'll define that as an injury that causes a player to miss one or more games) on a team in a season?

All we need now is for Terrell Owens and a couple of the offensive linemen to go down.

New Orleans has 14 guys on IR!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2463466 said:
Oline didn't play well. Come on, everybody is reporting that Williams has been a non-factor since being traded here. 3 catches a game is horrible no matter how you slice it. Texas fans are in blind to see it.

Romo has only been sacked eight times all season, and the O-line's play has been fairly consistent with Romo behind center.

Bottom line: TO has been more productive over the past two games than he's been at any other time this season, and it's no coincidence that those two games have coincided with Roy Williams' emergence as a starter and Romo's return to health.

You criticize the perceived bias of "Texas homers" on this forum, but you're completely oblivious to the disdain you seem to harbor for Roy Williams.

You see, although I may be a Texas homer, I'm also a Cowboy homer. And I root for our players no matter the school from which they hail: Texas, OU, A&M, Notre Dame, Nebraska--it's inconsequential to me once they don the star.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JordanTaber;2463473 said:

:stop:STOP!!!

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2463487 said:
New Orleans has 14 guys on IR!

And Shockey missed some games due to injury as well-looks like the Giants got the high end of the bargain on this deal.

Alot of pundits last offseason thought the Saints would make the NFC Title game, at least.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2463047 said:
I might agree with you except for two words: Tony Romo.

Think about all the teams you can remember that had or have staying power in this league. Many times, the coaches get a lot of accolades for getting their teams to play at a high level year after year -- most recently, I would say that would apply to the Patriots and Colts. In the NFC East, it is the Eagles that have had the most dominant run recently, when they ripped off like 4 straight division titles. In the process, guys like Bill Belichick, Tony Dungy and Andy Reid built reputations as some of the finest coaches in the league.

But look closer -- what did all these guys have? Great QBs. As we all know, Brady and Manning are considered the top two QBs in the league and have been the two representatives in the AFC championship game and SB over the past few years more often than not. And while it's fun to criticize Donovan McNabb, let's face facts -- he was a DOMINANT QB in his prime, second in league MVP voting in his first full year as a starter and breaking any number of other records along the way. This year, Brady went down, Manning has been very sub-par and McNabb got benched recently. These "great" coaches have done an admirable job, but none of these teams are nearly as dominant without their usual great QB play.

No sir, we have one of the top two or three QBs in the league (the best if you want to look at QB rating) and as a result, we will be around for awhile. Do NOT underestimate the advantage of having a great QB. It means nearly everything to longetivity in this league.

The problem is that sometimes a great QB is just not enough.

Dan Marino went to the SB his rookie year and never made it back and he is considered one of the greatest QBs of all time and had one of the greatest coaches of all time (Don Shula) as well.

My point is that we may not earn the #1 seed for the next 10 years, nobody really knows. Thus, teams have to take advantage of opportunities when they present themselves.

I imagine alot of Dolphin fans thought they would make it back to the SuperBowl after Marino took them there in his freaking rookie year.

One just never knows.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
rangers71;2463436 said:
I will tell you as someone who has had Smith, Johnson, White and Moss at one time or another this year on my ESPN gridirion challenge team this year you are wrong. Each of these guys has let me down at one time or another. I know for a fact that Smith got me zero points two weeks in a row. SO just because you see these guys in highlights a few times doesn't show you the whole story. To already call Williams a bust is crazy.

I am not calling RW11 a bust, in fact I think he is a very good WR.

My concern is why he has not been more involved in the offense considering the premiume picks we gave up.

I am not questioning the talent, I am questioning the way the team is using the talent. It is kinda like earlier in the season when we had Felix riding the bench the whole game for no apparent reason.

It was like the coaching staff didnt know how to use both Felix and Barber. I am starting to think the same thing now, the coaches dont know how to use both TO and RW11.