FWST/DMN Blog: WR Roy Williams has hurt foot *Merge*

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2462998 said:
I am starting to get concerned about his lack of invovlement in the offense.

We gave up a 1,3,6 for him and he has 1 TD on the season.

I expected more for those type of picks.:mad:

I had a post about that and everybody had a hissy fit here. I said before, I like RW's but he isn't as good as Texas fans think he is. Not worth what we gave up.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2463281 said:
I had a post about that and everybody had a hissy fit here. I said before, I like RW's but he isn't as good as Texas fans think he is. Not worth what we gave up.

You don't learn a different playbook overnight. If we had acquired him in any offseason, then he would have had the whole mini-camp, TC, and preseason to learn and grasp the entire playbook.

Plus our QB was hurt when we acquired him to boot. With that being said, I'm very happy he's a Cowboy.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why do I suspect the people hating on Roy11 are the same ones who bashed the Cowboy's for drafting a TE in the 2nd round last April?

Angus

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2463292 said:
Why do I suspect the people hating on Roy11 are the same ones who bashed the Cowboy's for drafting a TE in the 2nd round last April?

Not so, at least here. I just think it would have been better to keep the picks and develop home grown talent.

:)

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
you just dont grow a stud reciever... he hasnt been a home ru n yet because he needs time to develop chemistry with Romo...that doesnt happen in 7 games when you come in the middle of the season....alot of you are going to be eating these words next year when he has a full off season & training camp.

tecolote

Reaction score
Without his TD in the Tampa game, we lose and probably miss the playoffs. So he has had an impact this year.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
DanManJ;2462944 said:
Starting to get ridiculous. :bang2:

Unfortunately, it's way past ridiculous. So hard to feel good about anything with this team. Whenever we get decent news about a player (Ware), we get bad news about 2 others (Barber, Williams). Seems like every week there are a couple of new guys hurt or one that's expected back that will not return. It just sucks.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
If the media didn't know he was "injured" until his name came out on the injury list then one would assume that he must be fine and going full speed in practice for no one to notice.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dallas needs to hire a qualified podiatrist, because everybody is getting their feet busted down there...

Next thing you know, Demarcus Ware is going to have to sit because he contracted a bad case of athlete's foot....

Boysboy

Reaction score
Wow-so many chicken littles here.

FWIW-if we lose to the Steelers by the narrowest of margins w/o Barber, we still have noone to blame but ourselves either way. Lolly-popping throughout the 1st half of the season all but dug us into this thin-margin-of-error situation we're in now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2463329 said:
I think Army has a fine chance this year.

:laugh2:
Klinger in the episode where Charles tried to bilk Koreans out of the proper pay scrip.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2462977 said:
He's been a non-factor. :bang2:

So you think it's mere coincindence that TO has played his two most productive games of the season with Roy Williams starting opposite him?

rangers71

Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2463042 said:
This is the problem I have with the "freeing up others" argument.

Why do other teams seem to not have a problem getting the ball to their main stud, but we have to trade half of our draft to free up our main stud?

The Panthers have Steve Smith and "I cant name any other WRs off the top of my head" WR core. However, every freaking week the highlights of the Panthers have Smith catching balls all over the dam field.

The Patriots dont seem to have much of a problem getting the ball to Moss considering they have JACK across from him.

The Falcons dont seen to have a problem getting the ball to Roddy White, I see him running all over the field in the highlights each week and I cant even name another WR off that team from the top of my head.

Tampa gets the ball to Joey Gallaway with Casper lined up across from him.

Houston gets the ball to Andre Johnson when the rest of the team is crap.

Detroit gets the ball to Calvin Johnson when the rest of the team is barely division 1 competitive.

So how do all these teams get the ball to their main stud, but we have to trade half our draft to get a guy that is not going to score himself, but free up coverage for our main stud.

Are the other teams just that much better at running plays that they dont have to trade half their draft for a freaking decoy to get the ball to their main guys??

I will tell you as someone who has had Smith, Johnson, White and Moss at one time or another this year on my ESPN gridirion challenge team this year you are wrong. Each of these guys has let me down at one time or another. I know for a fact that Smith got me zero points two weeks in a row. SO just because you see these guys in highlights a few times doesn't show you the whole story. To already call Williams a bust is crazy.