FWST: Team source says Garrett likely choice

bysbox1

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3774574 said:
I think you're naive if you assume JG wont look into other options on the defensive staff

But it has Jerry's final stamp of approval. I did say he may bring in one or two other people. But I think most are naive if they're expecting a massive turnover.

The bulk of this staff will be intact. That's just how Jerry Jones does things. It's sad, but true.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;3774521 said:
Jason gets the job uncontested
Jason gets the job uncontested? He has obviously earned it. Also we don't know who Jerry has talked to about this job the last couple of months. But it's obvious Jerry feels he has the best person for the job already in Jason.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3774590 said:
Jason gets the job uncontested? He has obviously earned it. Also we don't know who Jerry has talked to about this job the last couple of months. But it's obvious Jerry feels he has the best person for the job already in Jason.
Yeah, these past 2 months have been about as stern a contest you could go through.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Jerry saw no irrefutable evidence to justify overturning his longstanding decision to hire Garrett.

That's what the last half of the season has been about.

bysbox1

Reaction score

He's earned it? 4-4 and a member of the architect of this mess and he's earned it?

NO. He's earned a chance to interview. If the comes out the best guy, then that's great. But if we did what I believe we did, we just handed him the job. And just talking to people is much different than actually bringing them in. :rolleyes:

I'm done with it . . .

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Jason gets the job uncontested? He has obviously earned it.

Who did he compete against? Wade's ghost? Talk about a low hurdle.

Also we don't know who Jerry has talked to about this job the last couple of months.

No one, obviously. Certainly no other employed coordinators or head coaches, because that would be tampering. As usual, he puts the cart before the horse. There were no legitimate reasons to rush this hire. None. Jason Garrett is not someone you can't live without.

But it's obvious Jerry feels he has the best person for the job already in Jason.

Jerry is frequently wrong. You should have noticed that by now. His "comfort level" is not my highest concern.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
bysbox1;3774606 said:
He's earned it? 4-4 and a member of the architect of this mess and he's earned it?

NO. He's earned a chance to interview. If the comes out the best guy, then that's great. But if we did what I believe we did, we just handed him the job. And just talking to people is much different than actually bringing them in. :rolleyes:

I'm done with it . . .

99 cent solution. Jerry's the coach.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
bysbox1;3774606 said:

I'm done with it . . .

1: He's 4-3, and would be 6-1 if not for David Buehler and Roy Williams

2: He took a team without it's Pro-Bowl QB and a banged mup secondary and made them competative in every single game when two weeks earlier they were getting blown out at home by freaking Jacksonville.

bysbox1

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3774619 said:
1: He's 4-3, and would be 6-1 if not for David Buehler and Roy Williams

2: He took a team without it's Pro-Bowl QB and a banged mup secondary and made them competative in every single game when two weeks earlier they were getting blown out at home by freaking Jacksonville.

Okay he's 4-3. But this he would have been garbarge is just garbage. He is what he is . . . 4-3. probably 4-4 by the end of the day.

So great. He took a team minus some starters and got them to compete. He should have been helping to do that when we were 1-7. That has to be taken into consideration. Do I think he should have a shot at being head coach? Of course. He should be given every consideration. But the operative word there is consideration. He should be interviewed and part of the process along with other candidates. Not just handed the job.

If he comes out on top at the end of the process, then great! Hand him the reigns. But if Jerry done what I think he's done, it's total BS.

Most of the homer heavys on Garrett won't even argue this point with me. They know I'm right. I did not say he could not have the job. It's the process that sucks. He does not deserve to be handed the job.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
bysbox1;3774979 said:
Okay he's 4-3. But this he would have been garbarge is just garbage. He is what he is . . . 4-3. probably 4-4 by the end of the day.

So great. He took a team minus some starters and got them to compete. He should have been helping to do that when we were 1-7. That has to be taken into consideration. Do I think he should have a shot at being head coach? Of course. He should be given every consideration. But the operative word there is consideration. He should be interviewed and part of the process along with other candidates. Not just handed the job.

If he comes out on top at the end of the process, then great! Hand him the reigns. But if Jerry done what I think he's done, it's total BS.

Most of the homer heavys on Garrett won't even argue this point with me. They know I'm right. I did not say he could not have the job. It's the process that sucks. He does not deserve to be handed the job.

You do undestand when you are not the top dog and the top dog is destoying things no matter how good you are you can not fix those issues.

Just shows how clueless you are on how things work in sports and life

1fisher

Reaction score
bysbox1;3774606 said:

I'm done with it . . .
Good!

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
bysbox1;3774606 said:

I'm done with it . . .

Again...

Garrett is currently 4-3, not 4-4. There is the possibility that he will be 5-3 after this afternoon. You never know. Any given Sunday. And by the way, what evidence have you seen that Garrett will be a Jerry puppet? Didn't he march into Jerry's office and order Jerry to back him up on his punishment of MB3?

Why are there a bunch of people saying that Garrett is 4-4? The game hasn't even been played yet. It is sad that people expect (and hope) for a Cowboys loss.

The irony is that the same people that are criticizing Garrett and holding it against him for going 4-4 (even though he hasn't) are the same people that actually want us to go 4-4 so we get a better draft pick.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bysbox1;3774979 said:
He took a team minus some starters and got them to compete. He should have been helping to do that when we were 1-7. That has to be taken into consideration.
Why? Garrett wasn't the HC. He had nothing to do with the defense. He had nothing to do with special teams. This whole "Garrett is partically responsible for our 1-7 start" argument simply doesn't make sense to me.

Trajan

Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3775178 said:
Why? Garrett wasn't the HC. He had nothing to do with the defense. He had nothing to do with special teams. This whole "Garrett is partically responsible for our 1-7 start" argument simply doesn't make sense to me.

So Garrett had no say in FA acquisitions or the Draft ? Great, we are getting an average to above average OC with ZERO player evaluation experience. Sounds like Jerry will be in heaven.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
bysbox1;3774606 said:

I'm done with it . . .

And the last word...

I'm sorry, did you say Garrett is 4-4? I believe you are now mistaken.