Signed by Cowboys G Jonathan Cooper re-signs for 1-year

phildadon86

Reaction score
It always amazes me how little some here actually listen. Collins is not and I repeat NOT a RT. This much had already been said by our own coaching staff. The draft guys when he was drafted etc. I don't know why people refuse to listen lol

Cowboys22

Reaction score
The whole Cooper deal was pretty smart. They knew they would lose Leary so they signed Cooper late to get a look at him. Because he ended the season as a Cowboy, he doesn't count against the comp picks.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
It always amazes me how little some here actually listen. Collins is not and I repeat NOT a RT. This much had already been said by our own coaching staff. The draft guys when he was drafted etc. I don't know why people refuse to listen lol

They're grasping at straws.

Carson

Reaction score
Now sign a safety and corner and let's roll into the draft

RandyOh

Reaction score
It also amazes me that they are relying on a player who was traded and then cut twice by 2 Oline needy teams in the same year to take a starting spot on the line.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
many of us were hoping collins would be tried at rt.
yet for 2 years, that was not done.
the question is why and is it really collins is much better at guard.
They liked Free, that's why. Free was a good run blocker and in 2015 wasn't bad against the pass. He regressed in pass protection in 2016, but was still a solid run guy. With him gone that changes everything.

I think guard is probably his best position, but Collins and either Cooper/draft pick could be a better duo than Collins and Green/Cleary

waldoputty

Reaction score
They liked Free, that's why. Free was a good run blocker and in 2015 wasn't bad against the pass. He regressed in pass protection in 2016, but was still a solid run guy. With him gone that changes everything.

I think guard is probably his best position, but Collins and either Cooper/draft pick could be a better duo than Collins and Green/Cleary

i have no idea.
i dont understand why the FO did not even try collins at RT if he could be competent.
would they not at least test that in case of an injury to free.
what has happened makes no sense.
if they now say collins will be the rt, what in the world were they thinking before when we had leary AND collins.
free was clearly the 6th best ol on the team.

Plankton

Reaction score
Can he play SS or CB?

raw

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
i have no idea.
i dont understand why the FO did not even try collins at RT if he could be competent.
would they not at least test that in case of an injury to free.
what has happened makes no sense.
if they now say collins will be the rt, what in the world were they thinking before when we had leary AND collins.
free was clearly the 6th best ol on the team.
In your eyes, not theirs

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Cut Morris and re-sign Mcfadden.

Make a last ditch effort for Claiborne.

Draft

1. Jabrill Peppers SS
2. Jourdan Lewis CB
3. Dion Dawkins OT/OG
4. Daeshon Hall Edge
6. Joe Mathis Edge
7. Aaron Jones RB
7. Emba Etta-Tawo WR

Win 6 super bowls in a row

Shuff

Reaction score
Dude was really, really disappointing here in Arizona. Has the talent, not sure he really wants to play football.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Said it before and say it again, no such thing as a bad 1-year deal. If it was a motivation issue, maybe him seeing this as his chance to cash in gives him the motivation he needs. He couldn't ask for a better surrounding cast.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
many of us were hoping collins would be tried at rt.
yet for 2 years, that was not done.
the question is why and is it really collins is much better at guard.
Yes, it is because Collins is much better at guard... or at least the team thinks so.

They practiced him at tackle some as a rookie and apparently didn't like what they saw.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Now do the right thing and give Collins every chance to be your RT.

That only could happen if Cooper actually can play. We can't assume he's capable of starting just because he's a former first-round pick. Right now, he joins Green on the can't stay healthy list.

Don't get me wrong, I like the signing because he has some talent, but I don't go into this expecting much.