Signed by Cowboys G Jonathan Cooper re-signs for 1-year

JeffG

Reaction score
Former Cardinals and Patriots G Jonathan Cooper reached agreement with Cowboys on a one-year deal, per @toddarcher.

Reactions: BAT

MrMom

Reaction score

The Cowboys have reached an agreement on a one-year deal with free-agent guard Jonathan Cooper, according to a source. Cooper joined the Cowboys during the playoffs after he was released by Cleveland. With Doug Free's impending retirement, the Cowboys could look to give La'el Collins a shot at right tackle with Cooper moving in at left guard.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RicFlair.gif

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I guess this means they liked what they saw but I'd sure like to hear someone from the team say something about it.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
At this point it wouldn't surprise me if the Cowboys see what they happen upon in the draft, and if need be kick Collins outside. I think that would possibly weaken two positions instead of one, but it probably wouldn't hurt to look at him there.

waldoputty

Reaction score
At this point it wouldn't surprise me if the Cowboys see what they happen upon in the draft, and if need be kick Collins outside. I think that would possibly weaken two positions instead of one, but it probably wouldn't hurt to look at him there.

many of us were hoping collins would be tried at rt.
yet for 2 years, that was not done.
the question is why and is it really collins is much better at guard.