Twitter: Gallup not sure if he'll play this week

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Just my opinion— but this is a great game to get a few live snaps in and ease back into game action.

He needs to run some routes at full speed and get into some contact. He certainly doesn’t need to play a full game, and if he feels anything not right, then you can bench him.

We shouldn’t need him to beat Washington— but if he can overcome some mental barriers this Sunday, things will get a little more comfortable each week.

Gotta walk the line of not pushing too hard and respecting where he is at mentally, but also pushing him through the challenges when necessary to help him get right.

Britt Brown is one of the best in the biz, so I think Gallup is in great hands

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gee, I wonder why the management of other teams doesn't make guesses about when a player will be ready to return to play? Could it be to keep additional pressure off him?

But this GM has crossed the line before trying to insinuate the player's injury was not as serious.

Those being critical of Gallup admitting the mental aspect of this, how does he play the game? On the ground or in the air? What goes up must come down.

Bagman

Reaction score

I have never heard a player in the NFL say that physically they're good it's just the mental right now that's keeping me out.

This is Ben Simmons type crap.

I agree. Some posters here say that sometimes the mental hurdles are the most difficult but thats why you get paid $10 million a year. My yearly salary right now is 70k. I couldn't imagine telling my boss Im not mentally ready to work. If your body is healed....get your a** on the field. 52 other guys are waiting for you.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Take your time Michael. Don't listen to the negative fanbase. You're a wonderful player & greatly missed. Only you know when it's time to return. Health comes first & nothing else.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

So let me get this straight, if Gallup doesn't play this week, we could have placed him on IR and been able to keep Ridgeway on the roster at least a little while longer with Gallup eligible to come off IR and play the next week anyway, right?

If he doesn't play this week, then the decision to keep him on the roster looks kind of foolish to me, even if Ridgeway wouldn't have worked out or would have eventually been cut and picked up by another team anyway. Roster management takes realistic expectations. Frankly, it's the same with Prescott. Short-term IR is four games. You should expect a player with a broken body part to miss four games minimum. In fact, you should probably make them miss four games minimum as a preventative for reinjury.

Szczepanik

Reaction score
Really interesting to see all the orthopedic doctors flex their clinical decision making regarding when an athlete is truly medically ready to return to play.

Absolutely correct choice for him to wait, as I have concerns regarding him coming back too early. 9 to 12 months is a WELL DONE rehab of a ligamentous injury. I'd prefer it to be a thorough rehab than a re-injury.

ESisback

Reaction score
We have Lamb, Brown, Tolbert, Fehoko, the TEs and Pollard to throw to. That’s plenty for the Deadskins, especially if we have 25-30 carries from the RBs.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Cool, MG should take all the time he needs. What's the point of coming back early if he isn't all the way right...that's stupid.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yep, took me a while to have trust in my shoulder when I started lifting weights again.
Lol. I put trust in mine and tore it again 11 months later. Had it fixed again for the second and last time. Nothing left to sew to. Pretty sure it tore some again. Lifting super light for the rest of the year before I ramp it up some more. But I am 52.

Cmac

Reaction score
So just today I learned that Cooper Rush is a gun slinger and Noah Brown is an uber weapon you can't take off the field.
Risen Star.....I think you know this is subject to change by the week and more hilarious to read.

rambo2

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, if Gallup doesn't play this week, we could have placed him on IR and been able to keep Ridgeway on the roster at least a little while longer with Gallup eligible to come off IR and play the next week anyway, right?

If he doesn't play this week, then the decision to keep him on the roster looks kind of foolish to me, even if Ridgeway wouldn't have worked out or would have eventually been cut and picked up by another team anyway. Roster management takes realistic expectations. Frankly, it's the same with Prescott. Short-term IR is four games. You should expect a player with a broken body part to miss four games minimum. In fact, you should probably make them miss four games minimum as a preventative for reinjury.
You obviously need to keep your qb on the roster regardless of the number of games missed.

visionary

Reaction score
So just today I learned that Cooper Rush is a gun slinger and Noah Brown is an uber weapon you can't take off the field.

looks like you’re finally accepting your schooling on football

you’ll be telling us we should resign Dak to 50 million/y before you know it