Twitter: Gallup says impending return is all mental now

Cmac

Reaction score
Based on what I am seeing no one is rushing Gallup, there is a chance he may not play this weekend, it appears to be a toss up on that. Fact is sooner or later he will be out there and I expect him to be ready to go. As fans we have no clue as the actual condition of any player coming off injury. All we can do is speculate off the information of medical staff, coaches and the player himself.
My response (IMO) is not to all, and my sentiments are similar to yours.......we have no clue on the actual condition. And we speculating on alot.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Yah, Im just getting in a dig at mentally weak quitters like the female gymnast and the female tennis player that all quit were applauded because they used the term "mental health".

You’re calling the most decorated gymnast in Olympic history mentally weak? Because she decided she couldn’t compete in a few competitions?

Simone Biles is definitely a mentally tougher person than you.

CWR

Reaction score
Whatever, when he's ready he will be back.

I have no reason to question Gallups heart.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Call me crazy but this sounds like BS.

If I get injured, take time off work, and then go to the doctor for a final checkup and he says I'm good, then I'm required to go back to work.

I get the fact that it's a much different scenario. But if the doctors clear him and the team clears him, he should be out there. He even says there's nothing physical about it.

The team would not put him out there if they thought he was at a higher risk of injury due to not being fully healed.

It just rubs me the wrong way when an athlete says hes not out there because he has to get mentally right. He just got a hefty new contract that most guys don't get immediately following an injury. And now it just seems like another guy taking advantage of Jerry and company.

It's a short season in this league. One game could mean a playoff berth or not.

I dont buy this at all

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I don't begrudge Gallup for wanting to get a full week of practice in before playing on that knee.

It's understandable, with so much at stake, to want to build the confidence required to just let it go and play.

He should be playing this week though, assuming no physical setbacks in practice.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Imagine if you threw a valve in an engine and rebuilt it. Would you want to run that rebuild for the first time on the racetrack?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Believe it or not, some do take pride in what they do, even if they've already made their money.

Personally, I would feel more pressure to validate the trust that was put in me by that big payday.

True you don't make it to the NFL with out being highly competitive, Gallup wants to play

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Really the ONLY interesting threads on this board is about Gallup. The others are the same song & dance.
Take your time Michael. Only you know when your 110% again!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Really the ONLY interesting threads on this board is about Gallup. The others are the same song & dance.
Take your time Michael. Only you know when your 110% again!

Would not be surprised to see him getting limited snaps in this upcoming game. But that is up to him and the coaching staff.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Call me crazy but this sounds like BS.

If I get injured, take time off work, and then go to the doctor for a final checkup and he says I'm good, then I'm required to go back to work.

I get the fact that it's a much different scenario. But if the doctors clear him and the team clears him, he should be out there. He even says there's nothing physical about it.

The team would not put him out there if they thought he was at a higher risk of injury due to not being fully healed.

It just rubs me the wrong way when an athlete says hes not out there because he has to get mentally right. He just got a hefty new contract that most guys don't get immediately following an injury. And now it just seems like another guy taking advantage of Jerry and company.

It's a short season in this league. One game could mean a playoff berth or not.

How often do you get tackled by 250 pound men, and take shots to recently surgically repaired knees at work? How often do you run, jump, and sprint at work?

I’m going to bet not very often.

Why people act like the mental health aspect of injuries like this doesn’t matter is beyond me, because it does. It could easily affect his play on the field.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Truth be told, Gallup is not going to fully trust his knee for probably another year. But it's not asking too much to want more than 2 practices playing on it either.

Dreski

Reaction score
Mental?

Texans_Watt_2013.jpg
Roid rage.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He literally just got paid coming off a injury. You play then you ask for more money.
ask?? his deal was up and BTW a very team friendly structured deal, only counts for 4.5 mil on this years cap, so lets drop the nonsensical responses. he cheaper then Ced Wilson got lmao. heck we are financing our entire WR group with Amaris deal which here would have been 22mil.. think about that!

jrumann59

Reaction score
Several months ago they said he’d miss the first 4-6 games. I think he’ll get a few snaps either 10/9 or 10/16, but my question is when can we expect a contribution that helps us win? Before or after Halloween?
If that was the guess totally irresponsible on how they handled the roster, if he was most likely going to miss 4-6 weeks PUP and have him rehabbing for those target dates. Not float the idea that he could play week 1 if it was the SB.