Twitter: Gallup says impending return is all mental now

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Facts.

I don’t understand the Lawrence hate at all. Only reason dislike 4 and 21 is their contract. But they are all hard working guys who work their tail off
Yeah if you want to be mad at the salary they get that’s one thing but to say they don’t work hard is insane. Anytime these guys got hurt they came back quicker than they probably should’ve.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yah, Im just getting in a dig at mentally weak quitters like the female gymnast and the female tennis player that all quit were applauded because they used the term "mental health".
They didn’t quit they were mentally going through stuff. Took balls doing that because people will call them quitters but they were strong enough not to care

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Call me crazy but this sounds like BS.

If I get injured, take time off work, and then go to the doctor for a final checkup and he says I'm good, then I'm required to go back to work.

I get the fact that it's a much different scenario. But if the doctors clear him and the team clears him, he should be out there. He even says there's nothing physical about it.

The team would not put him out there if they thought he was at a higher risk of injury due to not being fully healed.

It just rubs me the wrong way when an athlete says hes not out there because he has to get mentally right. He just got a hefty new contract that most guys don't get immediately following an injury. And now it just seems like another guy taking advantage of Jerry and company.

It's a short season in this league. One game could mean a playoff berth or not.

I hear ya.....hopefully since its the Commanders Dallas does not need him as much as they will against the Rams and Eagles and going forward. I try not to stress out in that case. But he better be ready mentally once they go to the Rams.

Carson

Reaction score
Either GET IT, GET IT ON or GET ON OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tired of weak-minded players on this team. This has been an issue for YEARS!!!!!!!!!!
I don’t think this is Gallup’s fault. They’ve been pushing the narrative he could be ready for week one since his surgery.

Pretty much this entire board knew he wouldn’t be ready until Week 5-6 at the earliest

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Mental?

Texans_Watt_2013.jpg

ESisback

Reaction score
Several months ago they said he’d miss the first 4-6 games. I think he’ll get a few snaps either 10/9 or 10/16, but my question is when can we expect a contribution that helps us win? Before or after Halloween?

noletime95

Reaction score
Tore both my ACLs at different times in my 20s. I appreciate the mental hurdle. Obviously a much lower level athlete. When the doc said I was clear I was playing. Hopefully MG is ready to cut it loose soon

Doomsday101

Reaction score
"We've got a lot of games left to play, and I'm trying to be out there the whole time," Gallup said on Wednesday, as the Cowboys begin readying themselves for a quick turnaround against the visiting Washington Commanders "… I saw [the Chris Godwin injury against Dallas], and that's tough. It makes you think a little differently about your recovery.

"I'm just trying to avoid that, for sure."
Godwin, like Gallup, tore an ACL last season and was questionable leading into the regular season opener against the Cowboys. He'd go on to play and make an impact initially before leaving with a hamstring injury after playing in just 19 offensive snaps, and he's not suited up since.

It could be argued that Godwin's hamstring injury is what's often labeled an "overcompensatory" injury, in that when one area of the body isn't quite healthy the surrounding muscle groups and support system (e.g., tendons, ligaments) attempt to overcompensate for the deficiency. This sports medicine phenomenon can be wholly mental at times - when players are again healthy after a major injury but alter how they'd normally run, reach, stop, change direction, etc. out of fear of re-injury.

As the saying goes: you often get injured when you're trying to avoid re-injury.

Gallup Nearing 2022 Debut: ‘It’s Just Mental Now’ (dallascowboys.com)

JonesBoys

Reaction score
He needs to just get out there for limited snaps to get over it mentally. The Commanders would be a good game for that. Knock some of that doubt off to get ready for the game against the Rams and Eagles coming up. Keeping him out this week is only going to prolong this.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Let's see if he can move past Fehoko.

If he can get past my boy, I'm all for it. He is after all my favorite player. It just so happens I also like Simi.

Those are some of the hardest workers on the team you’re bugging or misinformed….the guy is coming off a ACL injury what do you expect?

100%.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Let's see if he can move past Fehoko.

If he can get past my boy, I'm all for it. He is after all my favorite player. It just so happens I also like Simi.

100%.

lol Yeah if Gallup can't get more than 3 catches over the course of 3 games, he is not ready.

Cmac

Reaction score

If I get injured, take time off work, and then go to the doctor for a final checkup and he says I'm good, then I'm required to go back to work.

I get the fact that it's a much different scenario. But if the doctors clear him and the team clears him, he should be out there. He even says there's nothing physical about it.

The team would not put him out there if they thought he was at a higher risk of injury due to not being fully healed.

It just rubs me the wrong way when an athlete says hes not out there because he has to get mentally right. He just got a hefty new contract that most guys don't get immediately following an injury. And now it just seems like another guy taking advantage of Jerry and company.

Can't we just let Gallup heal.......just like SLee was afforded with frequency......no rush and then we hail him for leadership and coaching prowess while working with the WRs?.
Can we do that?.....or is it salary again being the issue?
R.a4cde769cbc125f5acd9706b16e5b6c4

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Can't we just let Gallup heal.......just like SLee was afforded with frequency......no rush and then we hail him for leadership and coaching prowess while working with the WRs?.
Can we do that?.....or is it salary again being the issue?
R.a4cde769cbc125f5acd9706b16e5b6c4

Based on what I am seeing no one is rushing Gallup, there is a chance he may not play this weekend, it appears to be a toss up on that. Fact is sooner or later he will be out there and I expect him to be ready to go. As fans we have no clue as the actual condition of any player coming off injury. All we can do is speculate off the information of medical staff, coaches and the player himself.

Proof

Reaction score

this is silly. if anything I applaud him for not rushing back and risking re-injury and being on the shelf even longer after being paid. We'll see him in short order, and personally I'd like the best version.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
MG, just do it! The absolute best of sports science and medical care has been afforded to you. Your knee is healed, have faith!