Signed by Cowboys Gallup signs deal

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
The problem with Jaylon was more mental than physical. I am sure the surgeon was right and the knee was structurally sound, but Jaylon always feared getting hurt again so he would intentionally avoid contact. He could never get over that mental block.

I dont think Gallup will have any of those issues, ACL is fairly common in todays game and guys come back from them all the time with no lingering problems.

Man I hope so.....but did you see OBJ tore his ACL twice....wish the best for Gallup

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
LOL. Stop.

I was judging this on what Mike Williams just got. He's on Gallup's level (good but not elite) and he's getting top dollar. Chris Godwin has the same injury as Gallup and he got franchised. The market determines what players get more now than ever. Not every team has a DeAndre Hopkins, Cooper Kupp, DeVante Adams, or whoever else is considered "elite" now.

Amari Cooper is not an elite receiver either but the Cowboys were paying him like one. It made sense to get rid of Cooper and sign Gallup for less because they are essentially one and the same. The Cowboys clearly feel there isn't that big of a difference between Cooper and Gallup so they went with the least expensive option.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
AAV puts him near Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel, and Tim Patrick. Sounds about right

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was judging this on what Mike Williams just got. He's on Gallup's level (good but not elite) and he's getting top dollar. Chris Godwin has the same injury as Gallup and he got franchised. The market determines what players get more now than ever. Not every team has a DeAndre Hopkins, Cooper Kupp, DeVante Adams, or whoever else is considered "elite" now.

Amari Cooper is not an elite receiver either but the Cowboys were paying him like one. It made sense to get rid of Cooper and sign Gallup for less because they are essentially one and the same. The Cowboys clearly feel there isn't that big of a difference between Cooper and Gallup so they went with the least expensive option.

Cooper's significantly more accomplished than Gallup.

Proof

Reaction score
Quote a bit more than the original 5 years for 55 million some reported, but with Mike Williams getting 20 million per year, I guess that changed it for all the wideouts.

is it? it’s barely a mil more a year

John813

Reaction score

It's not but it's all about guarantees. One thing if it was 12.5mil as with a lot of signing bonus.
It's going to be structured be lower cap hits up front and a 3 year deal max unless he shows he's worth keeping.

That's 35 mil Unguaranteed. And if it's maxed out with incentives

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Yeah nothing says solid roster building like using three of your last four 1st round picks on WRs.

This would be idiotic.
Especially with your top two receivers locked in for multiple years. I don’t even think the Cowboys draft a receiver in the top 3 rounds unless it is a tight end.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
That’s the point Coop is better.

Before Lamb arrived Gallup had 66 catches for 1107 yards and 6 TD's in 2019 (missed two games). In 2020 Gallup (with fewer targets) had a 59-843-5 stat line.

Compare that 59-843-5 stat line to what Cooper gave the Cowboys last year (68-868-8) and you'll see they are a lot closer than you think. Is Cooper more talented? Probably. But why not save some money with Gallup if you're going to get essentially the same production?