Game Day menu, fans! Simplicity or gluttony?

robbieruff

Reaction score
3 slabs of baby backs smoked with applewood (5-6 hours) with my award winning homemade sauce, rice vinegar coke slaw (mayo is for suckers), grilled Brentwood corn, quinoa salad with arugula, Biale Black Chicken Zinfandel to wash it down.

Oh - and chips and homemade pico de gallo.

paladin

Reaction score
Just picked up some semi-liquified chicken spread.
Label promises it's "all natural"
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq2wzPpw3D03z0HVLghbydaJYZ-QFGdiRmaKxAY98q5mjkDwo4
I'm dubious.

JayFord

Reaction score
Just picked up some semi-liquified chicken spread.
Label promises it's "all natural"
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq2wzPpw3D03z0HVLghbydaJYZ-QFGdiRmaKxAY98q5mjkDwo4
I'm dubious.

I went to a 5 star hotel and a plate like this ran me 75 bucks......money well spent it was delicious

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Thanks for starting this thread, I was just about to post something similar!

Football Sundays are the best days of the year and the food is almost as important as the game.

I just marinated some pork ribs and will put them in the grill by 8am tomorrow morning. They should be coming off nice and tender by kickoff of the first games (I’m in CST).

Then - my new toy - I bought a sausage making machine. I did a dry run last weekend and they came out great. So it’ll be homemade sausage (with lots of pork fat) and homemade sauerkraut that I have been fermenting for two weeks.

Ribs, sausage and beer!

lukin2006

Reaction score
Aren’t you in Canada? Will be a mere shower by the time it gets there :muttley:

I should also say it's been below seasonal the last 2 day, very breezy, which I suspect is the leading edge ... and the last couple hours have been getting calm ... something is brewing. Anyways burgers and wine and Cowboy football, seems like a perfect Sunday...

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It depends on if I'm out with mates or not. If I'm by myself, usually something like cashews or grapes if anything. If I'm out with mates, then I'll typically have wings, burgers, or something like that.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Thinking of making a pot of cabbage and pork necks...

RoboQB

Reaction score
For 20 years my wife and I used to order pizza for opening Sunday of the NFL season...new tradition starts tomorrow...burgers and wine, me and my dog Remi....

Way to change it up. Not a big wine fan myself but much respect for breaking tired old traditions.
Now, will there be lettuce, tomato and mayo available or is this strictly ketchup, mustard, pickle
for the first go 'round?... lol

RoboQB

Reaction score
It depends on if I'm out with mates or not. If I'm by myself, usually something like cashews or grapes if anything. If I'm out with mates, then I'll typically have wings, burgers, or something like that.

Here's to hoping your 'mates come to pull ya out of the house.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Woooowww, ummm would you part with some sauce recipes for a brother? I’m willing to bribe...
I can’t give away my trade secret sauce bro. I’ve been told by several businesses it could be bottle worthy. Something I am going to look into very seriously when I retire.