Game Day Menu thread

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
54b420b52413537c0d45bd77_363715_black-bean-chili_6x4.jpg
Going easy today. Black bean chili with butternut squash.
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdeljcb-bg_4hoZH4RBIpBJ3If3hHAJK8fqg&usqp=CAU

shabazz

Reaction score
About to start prepping the meal.....Chicken fajitas, flour tortillas, Pico de Gallo, guacamole and beans ala Charra with extra Serrano peppers........OH! Almost forgot, bacon wrapped jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese!!
What's on your plate?
Go Cowboys and Salud!

Sounds good but I’m making a dish from the true mother land....Paella

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since this is the Game Day Menu thread and not the Game Menu thread and I do not cook for early games, just do a little snacking but I do usually have a Bloody Mary for the early game, I will post what's for dinner.

Half roast duck with brown butter and apricot glaze, roasted Brussel sprouts w/pancetta and balsamic vinegar and ice cold salad with gorgonzola and homemade garlic croutons. Just recently discovered this bottled dressing, which I usually make my own but this stuff is really good, Garlic Expressions Vinaigrette.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Hickory smoked wild hog sausage, scalloped potatoes, and a bean dish with baked beans, rancho beans, molassis, honey, brown sugar, sweet onions fried with hickory smoked bacon. Beans with a ratio of 2 baked beans amount to one rancho bean amount.

starfan1

Reaction score
Actually was undecided but getting some ideas from this thread! Today is not only game day but also premier of Yellowstone season 4 I’ll need something that can be munched on all day long

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Due to my aversion for Thanksgiving turkey, I am going to try and smoke a whole duck with mash potatoes and something else. If it flies I will be having prime rib and smoked duck for Thanksgiving.
If this is your first time, I recommend putting that duck in the oven on about 250 and letting some of that fat out and be sure and save it, it's liquid gold. If not, that duck will make one hell of a mess in your smoker because they're loaded with fat and that is best rendered some before cooking it.

The other thing I recommend is hitting it with a blast of 500 right before serving it to crisp it up, Crispy duck skin is puppy breath.

shabazz

Reaction score
Since this is the Game Day Menu thread and not the Game Menu thread and I do not cook for early games, just do a little snacking but I do usually have a Bloody Mary for the early game, I will post what's for dinner.

Half roast duck with brown butter and apricot glaze, roasted Brussel sprouts w/pancetta and balsamic vinegar and ice cold salad with gorgonzola and homemade garlic croutons. Just recently discovered this bottled dressing, which I usually make my own but this stuff is really good, Garlic Expressions Vinaigrette.

Are you aware of the ongoing battle with cholesterol this country is facing?

phildadon86

Reaction score
About to start prepping the meal.....Chicken fajitas, flour tortillas, Pico de Gallo, guacamole and beans ala Charra with extra Serrano peppers........OH! Almost forgot, bacon wrapped jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese!!
What's on your plate?
Go Cowboys and Salud!
I’m off the keto so. Penne a la vodka and well. Vodka lol