Game Day Menu thread

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll adhere to an old American tradition! Hot dogs, with lean Angus beef, mustard, dill relish and sauerkraut.
Ideal for any man of modest means! :grin: Perhaps a Tall Boy of Bud Light to wash it down will do nicely!

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Opening weekend of deer season here in TX. Doing Denver omelets on the camp stove with home fries and green chili sauce. Campfire coffee and Bloody Mary’s on the side.
Bloody Mary's and high powered rifles loose in the woods, what could possibly go wrong? Don't get me wrong, I loved drinking at hunting camp but I hid in the car while they all went out stalking the stealthy beasts.

I went deer hunting one time when I was 10 with my Dad and his buds, he wasn't much for hunting deer, mostly birds and waterfowl, and I was sleepy and decided to lean up against a tree when one of the hunters in his party shot at a deer missed and took the chunk of tree out between my neck and shoulder. It was within 2 inches of hitting me in the neck and I thought my Dad was going to shoot him. It was totally irresponsible of this guy as he lost track of the other hunters, namely the one sleeping against a tree. He was shaking as my Dad read him the riot act and we left and he never hunted deer again. I don't think that man did either, he was really shaken by that.

coult44

Reaction score
About to start prepping the meal.....Chicken fajitas, flour tortillas, Pico de Gallo, guacamole and beans ala Charra with extra Serrano peppers........OH! Almost forgot, bacon wrapped jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese!!
What's on your plate?
Go Cowboys and Salud!

Today is a fun lazy day. Taking the son and the son in law to BW’s to watch the game.I Gotta show off the new Parsons jersey and my son wants to wear his new throwback CeeDee jersey

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the game gets boring, throw some silverware in there. I did a foil plate one time and that was the 4th of July in the kitchen.
Remember when I was a kid my buddy's Mom got a microwave - 1st one I ever saw. We didn't know any better & stuck some Jiffy Pop (in the metal foil pan) in it. I don't know what scared us more - the microwave sparking like nobody's business or his Mom going balistic on us.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Hickory smoked wild hog sausage, scalloped potatoes, and a bean dish with baked beans, rancho beans, molassis, honey, brown sugar, sweet onions fried with hickory smoked bacon. Beans with a ratio of 2 baked beans amount to one rancho bean amount.
This sounds like a dream if the wild hog is not too wild. I don't do well with real gamy tastes. I wish I liked it more.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
GameDay Gumbo! Traditionally, gumbo is made the day before and served the following day. Today's the day Baby!

Of course, Crown and Diet Pepsi.
I didn’t know that. My friend who brought the gumbo to last nights party made it on Friday night. Was wondering why he spent hours after work making it rather than doing it yesterday since it was a night game. Was pretty damn good.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Ok, here is the bored treat of the week. I did one last week hope someone tried it.? It was "Cowboys Stars".

Anyway, we are doing these now for the game.

landscape-1443117248-nfl-jello-shots-delish-broncos.jpeg
Cowboy/Bronco Jell-O shots.

• 24 plastic shot glasses
  • 2 12-count muffin tins
  • 3 oz. box orange Jell-O
  • 2 envelopes Knox plain gelatin, divided
  • 2 c. cold vodka, divided ( Use Blue berry Jell-O for the Cowboys side.

Good Luck!

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Making chili now (I'm in the northeast, we use beans...lol).

With Cornbread and the wide will make her killer chopped salad. Flush down some shocktops and looking for a good afternoon in front of the fire and TV.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This sounds like a dream if the wild hog is not too wild. I don't do well with real gamy tastes. I wish I liked it more.
Define too wild. Like Hogs Gone Wild? You could get alcohol poisoning from one of those.

I like a hog with common sense and not to out there. When the other hogs go off to party all night and pass out, my hog stays in the den with a book, most likely "Deliverance", and some herbal tea. Hard drinking hogs have tough ribs.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Made some home made chili last night before bed, put it in the fridge and now got it warming up for game time. (always a little better the next day for some reason):flagwave:
Anything that keeps you out of the "Just for Fun' thread. Been thinking about deleting your posts but my conscience won't allow it,

In case you don't play in the Just for Fun" thread, cityochamps is having us for dinner on gamedays. I would accuse him of cheating but I don't want to admit I couldn't figure out a way to do that.