Game Day Menu thread

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Making chili now (I'm in the northeast, we use beans...lol).

With Cornbread and the wide will make her killer chopped salad. Flush down some shocktops and looking for a good afternoon in front of the fire and TV.
Your wife lets you get by with calling her your wide? That might very well be your last meal, enjoy!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anything that keeps you out of the "Just for Fun' thread. Been thinking about deleting your posts but my conscience won't allow it,

In case you don't play in the Just for Fun" thread, cityochamps is having us for dinner on gamedays. I would accuse him of cheating but I don't want to admit I couldn't figure out a way to do that.
I know all good things come to an end, there are a few who are dangerously close to removing me from my pedestal, who knows today might be the day! In any case it sure is fun Coach big shout out to Dandy!

Last edited:

Maxmadden

Reaction score
If this is your first time, I recommend putting that duck in the oven on about 250 and letting some of that fat out and be sure and save it, it's liquid gold. If not, that duck will make one hell of a mess in your smoker because they're loaded with fat and that is best rendered some before cooking it.

The other thing I recommend is hitting it with a blast of 500 right before serving it to crisp it up, Crispy duck skin is puppy breath.
I put some drip pans in my smoker and the plan is to zap it at 500 when it gets up to temp.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Not sure yet. Noon games are my least favorite. We have a tradition that's been going on for 20 years. On Sunday morning we wake up early and go to our favorite place to have huevos rancheros, papa ranchera, refried beans, fresh tortillas and a Mexican Coke to wash it all down. I'm stuffed. I'm good for the rest of day. Maybe for a late night snack, some Oreo cookies with an ice cold glass of Mootopia milk. :cool:

Salud! GO COWBOYS!! 37-9 and it'll be over by the 4th. :flagwave:

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
Made some home made chili last night before bed, put it in the fridge and now got it warming up for game time. (always a little better the next day for some reason):flagwave:
As you let it rest the compounds intermix and become much more complex.

When I make a coconut cake I won't even cut it until day 3.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Making chili now (I'm in the northeast, we use beans...lol).

With Cornbread and the wide will make her killer chopped salad. Flush down some shocktops and looking for a good afternoon in front of the fire and TV.
I live in Rhode Island, 20 minutes 25 minutes from Gillette Stadium. Depending on how I drive lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
About to start prepping the meal.....Chicken fajitas, flour tortillas, Pico de Gallo, guacamole and beans ala Charra with extra Serrano peppers........OH! Almost forgot, bacon wrapped jalapeños stuffed with cream cheese!!
What's on your plate?
Go Cowboys and Salud!
Made a huge mistake this morning and made banana pancakes smothered in aunt jemima syrup with a side of bacon, now I want a nap.
No way I’m sleeping, Cowboys on in t-minus 30 minutes and counting