Game of Thrones: Season 4 *spoilers*

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
It's already confirmed they will be doing Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons chronologically, with no split of characters.

Maybe make a diff thread for discussing book theories if we want to go that route..I've spent countless hours over at ASOIAF.westeros.org (Biggest ASOIAF Forum), so I've discussed them all ad infinitum. But they are always fun!

I just know if I hadn't read the book, some theories would be spoilerish enough to annoy me. Specially the Jon snow bit.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
It's already confirmed they will be doing Feast for Crows/Dance with Dragons chronologically, with no split of characters.

Maybe make a diff thread for discussing book theories if we want to go that route..I've spent countless hours over at ASOIAF.westeros.org (Biggest ASOIAF Forum), so I've discussed them all ad infinitum. But they are always fun!

I just know if I hadn't read the book, some theories would be spoilerish enough to annoy me. Specially the Jon snow bit.

Splitting the thread would be appreciated... I don't plan on reading the books before the show is over....

FloridaRob

Reaction score
I just started watching this show in hte past couple of weeks. I wont; read thru the thread as I don't want any spoilers but it is really a great show. I finished the 1st season in about a week and am three episodes into the 2nd season. Kind of surprised by some of the characters that got axed in the first season. Lord Stark, Khalissis brother, Kale Drago, and the King. I would figure all those characters would be central to the story but I guessed wrong. Very captivating series. It hasn't gotten to the level of Homeland in my mind but maybe it will. Watching Homeland is like doing cardio for an hour. The heart gets a good rate going watching that show.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I just started watching this show in hte past couple of weeks. I wont; read thru the thread as I don't want any spoilers but it is really a great show. I finished the 1st season in about a week and am three episodes into the 2nd season. Kind of surprised by some of the characters that got axed in the first season. Lord Stark, Khalissis brother, Kale Drago, and the King. I would figure all those characters would be central to the story but I guessed wrong. Very captivating series. It hasn't gotten to the level of Homeland in my mind but maybe it will. Watching Homeland is like doing cardio for an hour. The heart gets a good rate going watching that show.

If Homeland makes your heart palpitate, then Game of Thrones will send you into a coma, or hopefully not worse haha.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Since I've never read the books, everything that comes on the show is a complete surprise and new to me. I just watched the last four episodes of this season back to back to back to back yesterday and just, WOW. Loving it more and more. Having to zoom in on so many different scenarios and characters in the finale, I thought they did a pretty good job. I guess the ending, where the young Start lass gives up? (or just shows?) the iron coin thingy for passage to some far off land has meaning and importance to Those In The Know (you guys that have read the series) but I was nonplussed by that ending. Wasn't anywhere close to being a cliffhanger or anything for me. And the dragon chick locked up two of her dragons for killing a three-year old? Was that right? Or was it the third and missing dragon?

No idea who this new character is that is looming that you guys speak of, this Heart person. I guess I should be looking forward to it though...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Since I've never read the books, everything that comes on the show is a complete surprise and new to me. I just watched the last four episodes of this season back to back to back to back yesterday and just, WOW. Loving it more and more. Having to zoom in on so many different scenarios and characters in the finale, I thought they did a pretty good job. I guess the ending, where the young Start lass gives up? (or just shows?) the iron coin thingy for passage to some far off land has meaning and importance to Those In The Know (you guys that have read the series) but I was nonplussed by that ending. Wasn't anywhere close to being a cliffhanger or anything for me. And the dragon chick locked up two of her dragons for killing a three-year old? Was that right? Or was it the third and missing dragon?

No idea who this new character is that is looming that you guys speak of, this Heart person. I guess I should be looking forward to it though...
I thought the coin thing was awesome, I don't know the storyline b/c I haven't read the books either, but I'd imagine there is a ton of development for Arya while she's in Bravos. They hinted at it a long time ago when she was dealing with whatshisface, the assassin, and I think its really interesting. Beyond that, no, there really aren't huge cliffhangers I guess...though there is certainly mystery about what will happen with Bran.

Don't worry about the Heart person lol, according to developers, she isn't going to make an appearance.

jnday

Reaction score
I thought the coin thing was awesome, I don't know the storyline b/c I haven't read the books either, but I'd imagine there is a ton of development for Arya while she's in Bravos. They hinted at it a long time ago when she was dealing with whatshisface, the assassin, and I think its really interesting. Beyond that, no, there really aren't huge cliffhangers I guess...though there is certainly mystery about what will happen with Bran.

Don't worry about the Heart person lol, according to developers, she isn't going to make an appearance.

The heart person is still up in the air from the articles that I have read. I didn't know who she was, so I spent about a hour researching and reading articles. I think if she appears, that it will be a big secret twist without any warning. The producers are not really saying other then there was never a plan for her to appear during this last season. They won't confirm or deny if she will be part of the TV series. Lol , I think she will, but not for a season or two.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Just finished season four. Just a great series all around. From season one to season four the worse characters became those you were rooting for. After watching seasons one and two, you would think the sooner Jaime and the Hound were killed the better. At the end of season four I was pulling for the hound to make it.

Debate going between me, my wife and son on this show is regarding Sansa. Did she sleep with Baelish? I say yes but my wife and son say no. When she told Baelish that she knows what he wants, the next scene is her strolling through the Eyrie looking all grown up. So much conjecture to the characters.

only thing I question was the Wildlings playing give up to Lord Stannish when he came riding up to protect the Wall. I thought he had 4000 men and whatever he was able to purchase after he got the money but still should not have come close to the 100,000 men the wildlings had. But there is Mane Rader saying I give up with not so much as a whimper. What was that all about?

Aryas laugh when she found out her Aunt was dead was a perfect reaction. And anybody that did not feel compasion for Tyrian with Shae at the trial needs to have their heart examined. The dwarf is one hell of an actor.

Four seasons in a little more than a month. We are in withdrawal now until next April.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Just finished season four. Just a great series all around. From season one to season four the worse characters became those you were rooting for. After watching seasons one and two, you would think the sooner Jaime and the Hound were killed the better. At the end of season four I was pulling for the hound to make it.

Debate going between me, my wife and son on this show is regarding Sansa. Did she sleep with Baelish? I say yes but my wife and son say no. When she told Baelish that she knows what he wants, the next scene is her strolling through the Eyrie looking all grown up. So much conjecture to the characters.

only thing I question was the Wildlings playing give up to Lord Stannish when he came riding up to protect the Wall. I thought he had 4000 men and whatever he was able to purchase after he got the money but still should not have come close to the 100,000 men the wildlings had. But there is Mane Rader saying I give up with not so much as a whimper. What was that all about?

Aryas laugh when she found out her Aunt was dead was a perfect reaction. And anybody that did not feel compasion for Tyrian with Shae at the trial needs to have their heart examined. The dwarf is one hell of an actor.

Four seasons in a little more than a month. We are in withdrawal now until next April.

Not sure how many he had to be honest, but 10/20 Thousand Disciplined, Well Trained, Armed, Armored, and Mounted soldiers would ride right over 100,000 undisciplined wildlings. The Wildlings have no real armor, crappy weapons, no official training with weapons, no official training in large scale warfare, no horses, and no battle discipline. And you also have to factor in that the 100,000 number is counting all the women, children, elderly, sick, people who have never even held a weapon, etc etc.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
That is trueTeren but if all those women shot a bow like Igritt Stannis would be in some serious doo doo.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seen they are going to be working on the characters from Dorne (sp?) for this next season.

This is one time where I think the show might come off better than the book as frankly I found most of the stuff from Dorne boring in the book...or maybe I was just more interested in the established characters by that point.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Seen they are going to be working on the characters from Dorne (sp?) for this next season.

This is one time where I think the show might come off better than the book as frankly I found most of the stuff from Dorne boring in the book...or maybe I was just more interested in the established characters by that point.

I didn't mind Dorne.

I Didn't much care for any of the Greyjoys though, other than Asha (Yara). Doesn't look like they are going to be introduced next season, so that might be a plus =p.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't mind Dorne.

I Didn't much care for any of the Greyjoys though, other than Asha (Yara). Doesn't look like they are going to be introduced next season, so that might be a plus =p.

Forgot about the greyjoy story lines, but you are right, they were much worse.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I simply posted his bar joke because it's like the greatest bar joke.

Ever. :D