Game of Thrones: Season 4 *spoilers*

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
It would have been an extra wow factor no doubt. But there were enough wow factors in the last few episodes so I can leave with it starting next season.

Oh, this season was the absolute pinnacle of "wow factors". My main problem is that they are delaying a major event that ended A Storm of Swords which this season was extremely influenced by. They have had a chance to end TWO seasons now with that Epilogue and have neglected to do so. I, personally, would have been much more gratified if they showed Ms. Heart in either finally as opposed to some random episode next season where she just suddenly appears. It would have left such mysterious questioning by viewers (who they are definitely catering to) so they can be excited for the long break between seasons.

And if they completely cut her that will be HEARTBREAKING haha.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Neh. I shouldn't have to make up reasons for it to happen. They should have referenced it, and I woulda been ok with it.

The common viewer just sees Brienne woop the Hound twice. Sword vs Sword, then hand to hand.

Kind of like back when Brienne wooped the snot out of Jaime without trying back in Season 3, even though in the book it was a much closer fight, even with him being shackled/weak.

<3 Brienne but the show makes her out to be a far superior fighting than she is in the books. Then again they've done that since season 2, having her off people with no issues, when in the books she didn't kill her first person until book 4, and it was a big deal for her. She then gets wooped by Rorge/Biter.

It's nitpicking. The fight was really well choreographed, and I actually did enjoy it. Would have been completely fine with it if they had tossed a line in there about Hound having a fever or something from the bite. Don't know why you do the bite at all and then make a deal about not burning it if it's not going to be used as a plot device later.

Well, the most recent scene with the Hound, prior to the fight, did have Arya saying he was slower due to the infection. That's plenty for me.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, this season was the absolute pinnacle of "wow factors". My main problem is that they are delaying a major event that ended A Storm of Swords which this season was extremely influenced by. They have had a chance to end TWO seasons now with that Epilogue and have neglected to do so. I, personally, would have been much more gratified if they showed Ms. Heart in either finally as opposed to some random episode next season where she just suddenly appears. It would have left such mysterious questioning by viewers (who they are definitely catering to) so they can be excited for the long break between seasons.

And if they completely cut her that will be HEARTBREAKING haha.

Personally I am ok if they don't go strictly by the books and the order. Reason being in the next book it takes chapter and chapter and a boat load of pages before there is any mention of Tyrion at all. Could you imagine going into next season and waiting to midway during the season before we see a glimpse of Tryion...I sure hope they don't do that like they did in the books. Another thing...the whole Sansa, Littlefinger and Lysa kissing and kill scene did not happen until this next book as well so they skipped forward to do it this season.

Frankly I have been skimming back through the next book again and I remember why I found it so hard to read. Chapter after Chapter about Dorne or the Iron Island crap is sooooooo boring. Sure it will all play into things down the road but I don't see a way that the show would be more boring than the book, surely they will spice it up some and trim it down a little to relieve from the slowness of it. Personally I have found that I keep skipping more to Arya and Sansa parts because the above mentioned areas plus the jamie and cercie chapters are boring.

tantrix1969

Reaction score
As a an extremely nitpicky book reader I thought the fight was fantastic. My one and only problem with the finale was the lack of "her". Time is most certainly running out on showing "her" and it having an actual impact on viewers. Oh well Ive read all the articles on why they excluded the scene and I disagree with them.

Especially after Lena Headley trolled everyone about it on her instagram

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Personally I am ok if they don't go strictly by the books and the order. Reason being in the next book it takes chapter and chapter and a boat load of pages before there is any mention of Tyrion at all. Could you imagine going into next season and waiting to midway during the season before we see a glimpse of Tryion...I sure hope they don't do that like they did in the books. Another thing...the whole Sansa, Littlefinger and Lysa kissing and kill scene did not happen until this next book as well so they skipped forward to do it this season.

Frankly I have been skimming back through the next book again and I remember why I found it so hard to read. Chapter after Chapter about Dorne or the Iron Island crap is sooooooo boring. Sure it will all play into things down the road but I don't see a way that the show would be more boring than the book, surely they will spice it up some and trim it down a little to relieve from the slowness of it. Personally I have found that I keep skipping more to Arya and Sansa parts because the above mentioned areas plus the jamie and cercie chapters are boring.

Everyone seems to not like A Feast for Crows, to me it's on A Game of Thrones level........while not as good as Clash, Storm or Dance and boring at times(looking a you Brienne) but its still good IMO.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
implied that a certain character would appear. took a picture of stones in the shape of a heart.....

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
implied that a certain character would appear. took a picture of stones in the shape of a heart.....

Ahhh.......She sould be on one of the first few episodes next season though, but the timeline is going to be weird next season so who knows.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Color me impressed with the episode and the entire season. Overall, I really liked the changes they made in the show vs. the books. My only complaints were that the Stannis rescue at the Wall was underdone, as was their capture of Mance (just my opinion).

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

Truthfully, I think it was just too much to cram into this season. Plus, they will have a lot of backstory stuff for new characters next season so they probably kept that in their back pocket to drum up some excitement while they build the newbies up.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Truthfully, I think it was just too much to cram into this season. Plus, they will have a lot of backstory stuff for new characters next season so they probably kept that in their back pocket to drum up some excitement while they build the newbies up.
You're probably dead right

Nomad

Reaction score
Sunday nights aren't the same without the NFL or Game of Thrones, or even any of the lesser substitutes like The Walking Dead etc..

I had always thought that about Jon and you are sort of lead to it, but not Tyrion in specifically the "related" way.

Also does wild speculation of things not written yet but that may come true count as a spoiler? Because I could come up with all kinds of stuff.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sunday nights aren't the same without the NFL or Game of Thrones, or even any of the lesser substitutes like The Walking Dead etc..

I had always thought that about Jon and you are sort of lead to it, but not Tyrion in specifically the "related" way.

Also does wild speculation of things not written yet but that may come true count as a spoiler? Because I could come up with all kinds of stuff.

That all seemed like speculation so I did not personally consider it spoilers. In some ways some of it could be complete bunk because anyone that has read the last book would know that it throws a monkey wrench of that article to a degree.

Either way, just fun and harmless read.

Nomad

Reaction score
That all seemed like speculation so I did not personally consider it spoilers. In some ways some of it could be complete bunk because anyone that has read the last book would know that it throws a monkey wrench of that article to a degree.

Either way, just fun and harmless read.

I didn't mean to imply it was, just if in theory it is considered that by people who care (in a funny way).

I also wonder how they will do the next seasons since the books start to be divided, where one book focuses on a group of characters and the next another group.

And I give The Hound a break in that fight, they were traveling a lot more rough and for much longer. Fighting people looking for food and places to stay like fugitives while Brienne/Pod were staying at Inns eating hot pies.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't mean to imply it was, just if in theory it is considered that by people who care (in a funny way).

I also wonder how they will do the next seasons since the books start to be divided, where one book focuses on a group of characters and the next another group.

And I give The Hound a break in that fight, they were traveling a lot more rough and for much longer. Fighting people looking for food and places to stay like fugitives while Brienne/Pod were staying at Inns eating hot pies.

I am just hoping that the Dorn parts and some of the other parts of a feast of crows is better in the TV series than it was in the book because they were really boring IMO. That book was a bear to get through.

I just went back through the book and kept skipping through many parts as they were so boring and completely forgot that they skipped stuff from the wall and tryion the whole book...that would not be wise to do on the show IMO.

Now I am reading the last one again. Although I do miss the Arya story line...that was the best part of the Feast of Crows and should be pretty good next season.