Game of Thrones Season 7 thread

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yup. Last season (well, now year before last) Tyrion picked up a glass of wine and called it, "The Imp's Delight".

So, when I bottled my 2016 Shiraz, guess what I named it? :)

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/7IMvpsfpvIbtUbklseju0C1ZkHLIEe9Ni1DdjNsrW_9_CmKWxr4hFx9ILBnXLblWOq3nbNl6VNWnM4MI21yRSuWQzyBCTJ_BgpVhi8rUOyS1QemEeXSNdnqhjct1NZjvYloF97wTjkzqfOyxTVPCSpNgNHzaq6pSSKu8q2BvRY-X2uCgr7bl5H1EyvqlWTG7mst7kNXDrwDdbrT7-ZTnFoglnnk0lNG9Nw2NeRn7pF9lgcJWN0XXVKF1y_rVBsoP8JsKBSzp8_xf-pdPQayAXtC7IL0J5hFXikzLTxcBOwm9Qm388-ClYe6KKIhx7KgZtDGvczSRMWdcFR3i5q8RYTO9VmB6KxEH1KLbv3IPyGuZAQcFkPOCHzWogrXOhPEeuvxDVhbns87CRKYCXeWum7801kioLKq-WyGdLMJncVLB0WyTPANRd7ukiXk1sO8S9Kxgeo9T6ZZtXe1eY56zyCA16AF9IOkCP-9g7NVrkOxqi-8ZZccmhH2-y4YCgn3KRJlXYfAcfIjOrYxpBq0alLZTS3wmo-TftfI6eH0UAS_9XTL7V2jUlmBiMdRR34Trt_SCidRuAHkYhNzxDv9dYwthujX2t8ozMPCcqYePQ9H3Ez94oKVJJzWS0PlYTIIUD_r3kHydBDUzKLOuAhTyPoABVBc1KiU_S5w1XvZX7bmIv0I=w462-h616-no

btw @BrAinPaiNt the image above is hosted on my Google Photos account. Easy breezy.

I need a bottle of that :thumbup:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
OOfQ696.jpg

lmao :lmao:

Phoenix

Reaction score
So, the 6'3" tall blonde gal that plays Brienne (sp?) on GoT, Gwendoline Christie, is in this 3 night event I recorded on Sundance TV channel, called Top of the Lake: China Girl ... wow she's actually a pretty decent actress as it turns out. I've only seen the first night of it so far (2 1/2 hrs) and the show itself is pretty interwoven, complex, and has sucked me into it, after starting off pretty slow. Just mentioning this in case fans of Gwendoline in GoT want to see more work by her.

visionary

Reaction score
Just finished binge watching the whole series on the last 6 weeks

Great great show as everyone has said

What I hated was the whole idea of taking your best 8-10 warriors across the wall to capture (not just kill) a dead walker to show to Cersei (a conniving b**** who cannot be trusted)

That was about the stupidest idea I ever heard

Why all these supposedly intelligent people went along with it is a complete mystery and defies logic

I love fantasy and SciFi but things have to be believable within the rules of the story

This expedition made absolutely no sense whatsoever. The only reason was to give a dragon to the walkers but that should have been handled in a more believable manner

The whole talk about killing hundreds of thousands in Kings Landing is hogwash. You know Cersei is in the Red Keep. Take a dragon and burn it down or enter the city quietly and assasibate her or put the city under seige and people will revolt

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished binge watching the whole series on the last 6 weeks

Great great show as everyone has said

What I hated was the whole idea of taking your best 8-10 warriors across the wall to capture (not just kill) a dead walker to show to Cersei (a conniving b**** who cannot be trusted)

That was about the stupidest idea I ever heard

Why all these supposedly intelligent people went along with it is a complete mystery and defies logic

I love fantasy and SciFi but things have to be believable within the rules of the story

This expedition made absolutely no sense whatsoever. The only reason was to give a dragon to the walkers but that should have been handled in a more believable manner

The whole talk about killing hundreds of thousands in Kings Landing is hogwash. You know Cersei is in the Red Keep. Take a dragon and burn it down or enter the city quietly and assasibate her or put the city under seige and people will revolt
There are not that many people who believed Cersei could be trusted whatsoever but the entire reason for capturing a White Walker was in motivating her own sense of self-preservation. They thought it would convince Cersei into an alliance to save her own skin. Their plan failed but Cersei is nuts in her own way. I thought it was a solid plan though.

I agree that the plot necessitated that The Night King would end up with a dragon but the small group dedicated for capturing a white walker was necessary. A larger force would have attracted too much attention and would have hindered what hoped to be a snatch-and-run strategy. A larger group would have diminished forces protecting The Wall also.

visionary

Reaction score
There are not that many people who believed Cersei could be trusted whatsoever but the entire reason for capturing a White Walker was in motivating her own sense of self-preservation. They thought it would convince Cersei into an alliance to save her own skin. Their plan failed but Cersei is nuts in her own way. I thought it was a solid plan though.

I agree that the plot necessitated that The Night King would end up with a dragon but the small group dedicated for capturing a white walker was necessary. A larger force would have attracted too much attention and would have hindered what hoped to be a snatch-and-run strategy. A larger group would have diminished forces protecting The Wall also.

Does not work in several levels

You're sending in 8-10 men against 100,000
You're also trying to "capture" a single dead walker and be able to transfer it back south, extremely unlikely to happen
Remember also that these walkers are not running around in singles or small groups, they walk around in packs of thousands, what chance do 8-10 people have?
On top of that the group does not take any horses and only 2 people have dragon glass?

This is why whole "breaking ice " and timeline issues were created where the dead just stand around for several days and the humans don't die in the extreme cold while Dany gets the message

This plan was a transparent farce to begin with IMO

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You're also trying to "capture" a single dead walker and be able to transfer it back south, extremely unlikely to happen
Remember also that these walkers are not running around in singles or small groups, they walk around in packs of thousands
On top of that the group does not take any horses and only 2 people have dragon glass?

I think of the group as a seal team. Small. Covert. Jon had already witnessed what happened when a large force confronted an even larger White Walker force and saw his people routed. The stakes were too high for another repeat of that outcome but the risk 'justified' the smaller force seeking to kidnap a walker for evidence only--and not engage the enemy in my opinion.

visionary

Reaction score
I think of the group as a seal team. Small. Covert. Jon had already witnessed what happened when a large force confronted an even larger White Walker force and saw his people routed. The stakes were too high for another repeat of that outcome but the risk 'justified' the smaller force seeking to kidnap a walker for evidence only--and not engage the enemy in my opinion.

Agree buddy but the seal teams go in prepared with the necessary tools and an exit strategy and the president and Secretary of State are not on it :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree buddy but the seal teams go in prepared with the necessary tools and an exit strategy
True but I give a small amount of leeway considering they shortened the season by a few episodes. Maybe more screen time would have provided for better a thought process that differed from what they ran with.

Zordon

Reaction score
True but I give a small amount of leeway considering they shortened the season by a few episodes. Maybe more screen time would have provided for better a thought process that differed from what they ran with.
They've been meticulous the entire series but @visionary is right, they got sloppy last season.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Why no horses?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why no horses?
Good question. Maybe it was partially about stealth. Perhaps it had something to do with having a low opinion about how well the horses would cope with the cold/elements. It certainly plays into supporting a No Way Out/Dany Can Only Save Us escape plot.

robbieruff

Reaction score

Remember also that these walkers are not running around in singles or small groups, they walk around in packs of thousands, what chance do 8-10 people have?

This is why whole "breaking ice " and timeline issues were created where the dead just stand around for several days and the humans don't die in the extreme cold while Dany gets the message

Not to mention that the Wall's magic supposedly prevents the "dead" from cross into Westeros (something Uncle Benjin Stark made very clear in earlier episode) and yet they were able to just nonchalantly bring one thru.

I think, unfortunately, season 7 was paying for some of the show's past story line sins (e.g., spending WAY too much time on slavers' bay stuff, etc.) and thus they're having to do a major rush job to bring things to the ultimate fruition. While I loved the action of season 7 and many of the "big moments," the stories creators could've easily brought Dany and her armies to Westeros in season 6 and cut out much of that other nonsense that amounted to overkill on the character dev department. That would'e offered them ample opportunity to create the build we need and avoid the poor attention to detail.

One other little detail about the quest north by the band of brothers...why can't you show us a quick scene flashing to their dragon glass weapons being fabricated? I mean, why wasn't there ANY focus on that specific detail whatsoever? The Hound and Jorah just bust out with these DG daggers and there's no real set up for it? And yet you're going to show me 10-15 minutes of Theon Greyjoy remorse/redemption, which I really don't give a flying' flip about???

And why wouldn't the dudes with the flaming swords light them to keep the squad warm in those frigid temps? Running low on propane? what was the problem??!

LOL...yeah...season 7 from a story line perspective a big mess...necessitated cuz too much time wasted on other non-stories in earlier years in my view.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Whole plot of season 7 was trash. Sloppy Sloppy Trash.

That being said. Some of the most impressive looking trash I have ever seen on television.