*** SPOILERS *** Game of Thrones Season 8

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Close ups of dany last night had her looking like she was a witch. And she wondered why jon didn't want to play. Gal, fix the hair, put on some makeup. Jon aintv5hat desperate.

Big_D

Reaction score
How can it not be Jon at this point? Danys killed by Arya, Jon becomes king and Tyrion is his hand.

OR

Dany just stays on the throne and they live happily ever after.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Here is what the show runners say about it.

Game of Thrones’ showrunners say Daenerys’ big decision was completely spontaneous

I agree with the article. It was completely and utterly out of character no matter what they say about seeding it since season one. First off, they didn't seed crap in season one. This was from the books. So, first lie caught right out of the gate.

They half-***ed season eight and took two years to do it. It's weird though. Normally, I don't care about crap like this, but I really liked this show / books and for them to screw it off like this is a bit upsetting. Hell, I've seen writers / producers / directors screw up Star Wars and Star Trek and it meant very little to me, but this annoys the hell out of me..
That wasn't the articles conclusion. It wasn't the showrunners decision that was spontaneous, it was her actions that were in that moment. She's repeatedly said she would burn cities to the ground or to the dirt. Like when she said "When my dragons are grown we will take back what was stolen from me. We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground." She's always meant it. In the past she had Jorah to temper her base reactions, but even then still showed a dark side. She killed a random noble to send a message, even stating that they may have been completely innocent. Even her ex Daario told her that she was a conqueror, not a ruler, many seasons ago. She's killed many that slighted her or showed disrespect. Her propensity for violence has always been there. The article ends with an interesting take on a reason why she decided

"When she arrives in King’s Landing, she truly believes the people will take up arms against Cersei and welcome her as the rightful heir. They don’t. They surrender, but they aren’t glad to see her, and they don’t fight for her. Maybe her sudden decision to “make it personal” isn’t because Jon rejected her or because the North is about to. Maybe it’s because she’s spent all this time fighting for people she thought should love her, and when she realizes they never will, she’s willing to let their world burn to punish them."

People can do horrific things when they give into rage. In the movie "Platoon" they completely ravage and blaze a village and show no mercy, after finding a couple of their soldiers dead and tortured earlier. That village may have had nothing to do with what happened, but they paid the price, because someone had to pay a price.

Dany was always meant to become the Mad Queen, the real problem was the time line. They didn't give themselves enough time to show it like they normally would have done. She was always going to be the Mad Queen, but didn't have the time to take the scenic route, so they took a bullet train.

Big_D

Reaction score
Killing Sam's father and bother for not bending the knee is not even remotely similar to what she just did to King's Landing. Hell, she even asking them with them knowing what the outcome would be if they didn't. She just started mass killing an entire city without cause. None, zip, zilch. At least she asked the Tarleys. She asked nothing of the peasants of King's Landing.

There is nothing realistic about season 8. They just trashed the ending to a great storyline.

Missandei was the cause. Danaerys completely snapped after that..

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Personally, I consider Jaime and Cersei's deaths as climactic--especially Cersei's. Cersei told her Hand (paraphrasing) that the Red Keep had never fallen in battle. The witch said she would be casted down. Seeing a castle that had never fallen before FALL and crush Cersei (and Jaime) seem very climactic to me.

sir-brick-of-clay-first-of-its-name-queen-slayer-56126049.png

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
You game are stretching it. If that is in fact what the writers intended. Again, they suck. That in no way mimics real life. Even the biggest psychos exhibit leading behaviors prior to flipping that way. By leading behaviors, I don't mean Bob said something mean the day before murdering en masse.

Many people said Ted Bundy was a nice guy, they had no idea he could do something like that. If you read about him, yeah. The signs where there prior to his raps and killings. Nobody flips like that on a dime and kills en masse.

nobody

Reaction score
Or Jon says "screw this!" and rides north to be with the far more sane Wildlings.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You game are stretching it. If that is in fact what the writers intended. Again, they suck. That in no way mimics real life. Even the biggest psychos exhibit leading behaviors prior to flipping that way. By leading behaviors, I don't mean Bob said something mean the day before murdering en masse.

Many people said Ted Bundy was a nice guy, they had no idea he could do something like that. If you read about him, yeah. The signs where there prior to his raps and killings. Nobody flips like that on a dime and kills en masse.
Like the Joker once said "madness is like gravity, all it needs is a little push"

Family has been inbreeding for centuies, House Motto is "Fire and Blood"

Has repeatedly said and threatened to burn cities to the ground. Has never reacted well when feeling disrespected, slighted or shown the proper respect. Has repeatedly shown you have only 2 choices follow her or die, it's her way or the fried way. She's had advisors she trusted that helped curb some of those dark impulses, Daario, Jorah etc. Right now, she doesn't have people to advise her that she trusts. Even leading up to the battle she said she would save future generations at the expense of the current one. There were plenty of other signs, but how many more do you need?

Like Olenna once told her ".....you're a dragon, be a dragon."