Game of Thrones

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
New thread because the other thread wasn't worthy since it included the *other* TV shows in title.

Anyhow, this is getting pretty interesting! (note, I *have* seen next weeks episode using HBO GO) I am way early in the book, I'm still reading about stuff I believe was in the first episode, so the show is still completely fresh to me.

The twists that are happenng pretty exciting and I must say, I really like most of the characters in the movie. (even though I can't remember most of their names yet) So far, most bring a lot of depth to the story.

I was surprised to see *you know who* (trying not to be a spoiler for those that haven't seen it yet) die so early on or what ensued afterwards. Was glad to see idiot boy get the golden crown. (again trying to avoid a spoiler) He was one character that annoyed me. Glad he is gone.

Sucks, now I have to wait two weeks to see a new episode! At least that gives me two weeks to try and catch up as much as I can with the book.

k19

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about having to wait to weeks for the next episode. I tried to hold off but I couldn't. Next weeks episode was full of twists and the ending really suprised me. Oh well 2 weeks to catch up on some other shows I guess.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Have not read the books but am hooked on the series. I plan to watch episode 7 on HBOGO this week.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
HOBGO is a piece of crap. I tried to watch the new one and any little hiccup in the connection will make it switch to an audio only version. The netflix app works fine. HBO needs to get Netflix's programmers on their team.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;3956776 said:
HOBGO is a piece of crap. I tried to watch the new one and any little hiccup in the connection will make it switch to an audio only version. The netflix app works fine. HBO needs to get Netflix's programmers on their team.

You can probably watch it today without issue. I'm sure a freaking billion people where slamming HBO's servers last night. (and after watching the episode, rightfully so!)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Joe Realist;3956773 said:
Have not read the books but am hooked on the series. I plan to watch episode 7 on HBOGO this week.

You really should read the books bro. The show is great but the book series really is an outstanding read.

I have patience and enjoy my Sunday night evenings w/ King Robert and Lord Stark. I won't be peeking at HBO GO. :)

BTW: Peter Dinklage is FANTASTIC as Tyrion Lannister. It is very entertaining watching his character in the show.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dallas;3956811 said:
You really should read the books bro. The show is great but the book series really is an outstanding read.

I have patience and enjoy my Sunday night evenings w/ King Robert and Lord Stark. I won't be peeking at HBO GO. :)

BTW: Peter Dinklage is FANTASTIC as Tyrion Lannister. It is very entertaining watching his character in the show.

NOT! :muttley:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Dallas;3956826 said:
Shouldn't you be in a thread somewhere OFFENDING a user? :D

If someone thinks deep enough about that post they could be offended. :laugh2:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
ChldsPlay;3957101 said:
That's nothing.

Reading the books I was seriously saddened to see that so early. I get what nyc is saying, but yes, that is NOTHING compared to what comes later.

:lmao2: Just you wait.....

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
So I take it this Ross ***** is going to be replacing Shae? Certainly seems that way and I can't see a reason to create/introduce/follow this Ross character other than using her in place of Shae, and simply not having Shae at all. There would be no change in the storyline so I don't see it being a problem either way. Just curious if others who have read the books made the same assumption.

The "Kings Hunt" scene was fairly awful. Certainly not how I imagined it or how it was described. 4 dudes just walking through the woods looking for boar? One of them in armor? No horses? No hunting dogs? Just gonna trek through the woods and hope to find a boar, then get at it with the spear? Was a pretty fail scene, way underwhelming. And The Renly character development in the scene was not really necessary.

I still feel The Dothraki are a bit underdeveloped. They offhandedly mention the no bloodshed/swords without really explaining it any. They don't really explain whats going on or why Dany is eating a horse heart.

From a show standpoint, I still don't care about Drogo, or even know anything about him other than he's big and barbaric. They've done a pretty poor job of developing Dany in that regard. She loves Drogo, why? They've not built on their relationship at all, and it really wouldn't take much.

The scenes in the Vale were all good, especially Bronn's fight.

Eddard Stark's Justice scene was awesome. Sean Bean is just phenomenal in this role. His voice was so perfect here.

Visery's Crown.. This scene blew me away and is probably one of the best television deaths I've seen. I had been wondering what it would look like on film :)

Ah well I'm still LOVING this show.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Teren_Kanan;3957271 said:
So I take it this Ross ***** is going to be replacing Shae? Certainly seems that way and I can't see a reason to create/introduce/follow this Ross character other than using her in place of Shae, and simply not having Shae at all. There would be no change in the storyline so I don't see it being a problem either way. Just curious if others who have read the books made the same assumption.

The "Kings Hunt" scene was fairly awful. Certainly not how I imagined it or how it was described. 4 dudes just walking through the woods looking for boar? One of them in armor? No horses? No hunting dogs? Just gonna trek through the woods and hope to find a boar, then get at it with the spear? Was a pretty fail scene, way underwhelming. And The Renly character development in the scene was not really necessary.

I still feel The Dothraki are a bit underdeveloped. They offhandedly mention the no bloodshed/swords without really explaining it any. They don't really explain whats going on or why Dany is eating a horse heart.

From a show standpoint, I still don't care about Drogo, or even know anything about him other than he's big and barbaric. They've done a pretty poor job of developing Dany in that regard. She loves Drogo, why? They've not built on their relationship at all, and it really wouldn't take much.

The scenes in the Vale were all good, especially Bronn's fight.

Eddard Stark's Justice scene was awesome. Sean Bean is just phenomenal in this role. His voice was so perfect here.

Visery's Crown.. This scene blew me away and is probably one of the best television deaths I've seen. I had been wondering what it would look like on film :)

Ah well I'm still LOVING this show.

No, Shae has been cast and it's a different actress. She's in 2 episodes.

I agree with the other stuff. I really think they could have done a lot with 2 more episodes. As it is, there is a TON that has to happen in the last 3. Hopefully for season 2 they go for 12, or if we're really lucky, 15 episodes.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
yeah 2 extra episodes (standard 12 per season) would be great. 2 hours is all you'd need to add to fix up the parts i've had problems with.

Who the hell is Ross and why are we following what she does. lol. She seems to be some random character they created to put into places so they can show us other character developments.

ethiostar

Reaction score
nyc;3956749 said:
I was surprised to see *you know who* (trying not to be a spoiler for those that haven't seen it yet) die so early on or what ensued afterwards. Was glad to see idiot boy get the golden crown. (again trying to avoid a spoiler) He was one character that annoyed me. Glad he is gone.

Oh boy!

:laugh2:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Great show last night! Like a few others I have not read the books. After season 1 is over I will read them to fill in the gaps everyone is talking about.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
So i've just finished reading the first 2 books of the series, great read looked at the next 2 and was surprised to learn that there is a plan for a 5th book. A Dance with Dragons - BUT - the forward the author wrote about the up comming book - was written in 2005 ?
Anyone have any idea why its taken so long, or is it out, what gives ?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
kiheikiwi;3962820 said:
So i've just finished reading the first 2 books of the series, great read looked at the next 2 and was surprised to learn that there is a plan for a 5th book. A Dance with Dragons - BUT - the forward the author wrote about the up comming book - was written in 2005 ?

He had some issues with what he was wanting to do and it took him a long time to work it out. He's finished with A Dance with Dragons and it will be released in July.

Originally it was going to be a 3-book series, but has expanded to 7 as he got into writing it and realized how long it was going to be. The 4th Book, A Feast for Crows was originally going to be a part of A Dance with Dragons but it ended up being split up, and that's after he scrapped his original plans for how that book was going to be done (A 5 year time gap from the end of book 3). As it is, the first half or so of A Dance with Dragons will run concurrent with the events in A Feast for Crows.

Viper

Reaction score
kiheikiwi;3962820 said:

it comes out in July. He should finish the series in 10-12 years with two more books. If he makes it that long. The guy takes his time between books. To be honest, I thought he started to drag the series out a bit, kinda like Jordan.