Game Weather Updated... SNOW!!!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
utrunner07;2463681 said:
You do know the game starts at 3:15 right? 4:15 in Pitt., the sun sets at 4:50. Won't be shinning any way. But yeah the temp should not be an issue to pro players any way.

Actually thought it was an early game. Just looked and saw it was the late game. Still, I agree, the temp won't be the problem.

thisisepic

One and Done
Reaction score
I hope it snows like crazy, so then when we whip up on them it was in conditions totally in their favor.

Wade should have totally brought out the snow machine in practice this week.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
Extreme;2463701 said:
Anyone who says cold shouldn't be an issue to them because they are pros, has never been in the cold.

I worked outside for 12 years, and whether heat or cold, you NEVER get used to it.

A day in the 20s with a breeze will always be cold, just like a sunny day in the 90s will always be hot.

Getting past it is just as much physical as it is mental. Being a pro football player doesn't make them less human, they will still be cold as hell. FWIW.

26-17

when i go skiing i sometimes take off my shirt/jacket, as do others. the cold goes away. if you are constantly exerting yourself there should be no problem. the kickers will be cold no doubt.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2463736 said:
I lived in Michigan for a couple of years...2 hours north of Detroit. We had lake effect snow all the time, and didn't see the sun for weeks at a time.

I don't know what you're talking about. I got used to the cold after awhile. I simply carried my flask with me everywhere I went. One extra swig each time it got a little colder, and I was good.

:laugh1:
Ah yes, I forgot the flask factor :laugh2: While others drink coffee or hot tea, my warm up fluid of choice is tequila :D

bigE79

Reaction score
Extreme;2463701 said:
Anyone who says cold shouldn't be an issue to them because they are pros, has never been in the cold.

I worked outside for 12 years, and whether heat or cold, you NEVER get used to it.

A day in the 20s with a breeze will always be cold, just like a sunny day in the 90s will always be hot.

Getting past it is just as much physical as it is mental. Being a pro football player doesn't make them less human, they will still be cold as hell. FWIW.

26-17
Its all mind over matter...i also work outside and i have to use a knee brace to walk so i wear shorts even when its cold,as long as you can keep you upper body warm,its really not that bad,imo:star:

juck

Reaction score
Its brutally cold and windy,and its snowing,going to be nasty.Choice from georgia better step it up.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
J-DOG;2456524 said:
I'm more worried about the field conditions.
That field is one of the worst if not the worst in the NFL.
It's real grass too.
They play high school,college and pro during a typical home weekend for the Steelers.
Why they refuse to put in field turf...I have no idea.
The new sod is suppose to be in for this game but if it rains or snows...that new sod will get nasty real quick.

field turf, come on this is football ball, why not just get all dome stadiums then.

What if u were in high school and it was raining, real muddy and they said don't worry we playing in a dome today, u would be kinda mad, I know I would.. this is football and snow and mud are the best way to play football.....

utrunner07

Reaction score
jterrell;2464190 said:
he grew up in a dome?

not that it matters with him out.

Yes he grew up in a dome. Just like when I say SHORT BUS it means you grew up in the short bus even though you only rode it to school. Same theory.

cowboybacker4life

Reaction score
you guys are talking about it being 30 degrees but all these guys were taking ice baths in training camp:laugh2:

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
Weather channel said a few minutes ago that it's going to 23 degrees with plenty of wind and snow in Pitts tomorrow. Should be a fun, nasty game.

:D :starspin :D

newlander

Reaction score
23 degrees with a 13 degree wind chill. Wind is only at 10 mph. Thats bad but not unplayable. The bad news is this is a 4pm kickoff and all this will get worse as night descends (5pmish EST) The really annoying part: it'll be 32degrees tomorrow and FORTY SEVEN DEGREES on Tues. and Wed.

Oh well, I guess we have to look at it like an opportunitiy, if we can gut one out here, it would really help our confidence to potentially go into Giants stadium later this month under similar conditions for the championship game........just sayin'.....:star:

juck

Reaction score
Its sunny but 20 degrees and a bit windy.1.44 pm est.

newlander

Reaction score
not bad juckie: still suck that it's going to be 47 by Tues, but like I said....if we can eek this out and win...nothing but condidence for Philly game and hopefully a gspot championship game in NY.