Game Weather Updated... SNOW!!!

Dcz84

Reaction score
This is a pic of a mideastern snow storm that hit this afternoon and is headed toward the east coast this weekend
0CE6D873-6BD8-4F3E-9DB8-755EA6299A87.jpg

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Dcz84;2459683 said:
This is a pic of a mideastern snow storm that hit this afternoon and is headed toward the east coast this weekend
Nice pic.

I won't tell you what the weather is like in central Mexico.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Current forecast calls for a game temp of 29 degrees, light winds and a 70 percent chance of no snow.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
I'm sorta hoping for snow. As we all know our O line aren't speed freaks although they are quite large and Pitts D is quick..
I'm thinking that bad footing and inclement weather may slow down the speed of The Pitt D and give the horses a chance to give Tony time to pick apart a suspect secondary.

Well I guess I'm hoping that scenario works out.:rolleyes:

JerryFan

Reaction score
Dcz84;2459683 said:

Thats nothing. If it "stormed" like that sunday with no wind we're all good.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Being that I live 45 minutes from Pittsburgh, I caught the weather report for Sunday. If it holds true, then we are to see scattered snow showers and about 30 degrees. Nothing major.

Good thing Heinz Field was recently re-sodded last week. The middle of the field looks a lot better than it usually does this time of year.

richzre

Reaction score
ZONE FORECAST PRODUCT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PITTSBURGH PA
549 PM EST FRI DEC 5 2008

PAZ021-060930-
ALLEGHENY-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PITTSBURGH METRO AREA
549 PM EST FRI DEC 5 2008

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH ISOLATED SNOW SHOWERS THIS
EVENING...THEN PARTLY CLOUDY AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS AROUND 15.
SOUTHWEST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 20 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. NUMEROUS SNOW SHOWERS IN THE
AFTERNOON. LITTLE OR NO SNOW ACCUMULATION. HIGHS IN THE LOWER
30S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY NIGHT...SNOW SHOWERS. SNOW ACCUMULATION 1 TO 2 INCHES.
LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP
TO 25 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 80 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. ADDITIONAL LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATION
POSSIBLE. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE LOWER 20S. WEST WINDS
15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.
.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY AND COLD. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE
AROUND 18. WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.
.MONDAY...PARTLY SUNNY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S.
.MONDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW
SHOWERS. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE UPPER 20S.
.TUESDAY...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. RAIN SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE
AFTERNOON. HIGHS AROUND 40. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT.
.TUESDAY NIGHT...RAIN SHOWERS LIKELY IN THE EVENING. SNOW SHOWERS
LIKELY. LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION
70 PERCENT.
.WEDNESDAY...CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS.
NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE LOWER 30S.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 40 PERCENT CHANCE OF SNOW
SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S.
.THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 30 PERCENT
CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. LOWS AROUND 20.
.FRIDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S.

$$

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
the link in the 1st post now says their's only a 10% chance of rain or snow on Sunday.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
richzre;2463189 said:
.SUNDAY...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. ADDITIONAL LIGHT SNOW ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE IN THE LOWER 20S. WEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT. .SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY AND COLD. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND 18. WEST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH.

10 to 15 mph hours winds = zero problem for the passing game.

But they'll feel that 18 degree weather a little. 30 degrees, no problem. 18 degrees will get into your bones.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score

utrunner07

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2463506 said:
It's only gonna be around 26. In the sunshine it will feel more like 35. If you can't play in that, just pack up and become a taxi driver. :rolleyes:

You do know the game starts at 3:15 right? 4:15 in Pitt., the sun sets at 4:50. Won't be shinning any way. But yeah the temp should not be an issue to pro players any way.

playmakers

Reaction score
The cold isnt going to be the issue its the wind. If you ever played sports you should know once you get running around the cold goes away. Weather.com just said 15-25mph wind and inside the stadium generally means even worse than that. On a poistive and I dont know if someone has pointed this out already(I havent read the entire post), the ground should be frozen, therefore, it shouldn't chop up. This is an odd game for us because no one knows how we play in the cold and the bad weather.

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Anyone who says cold shouldn't be an issue to them because they are pros, has never been in the cold.

I worked outside for 12 years, and whether heat or cold, you NEVER get used to it.

A day in the 20s with a breeze will always be cold, just like a sunny day in the 90s will always be hot.

Getting past it is just as much physical as it is mental. Being a pro football player doesn't make them less human, they will still be cold as hell. FWIW.

26-17

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Extreme;2463701 said:
Anyone who says cold shouldn't be an issue to them because they are pros, has never been in the cold.

I worked outside for 12 years, and whether heat or cold, you NEVER get used to it.

A day in the 20s with a breeze will always be cold, just like a sunny day in the 90s will always be hot.

Getting past it is just as much physical as it is mental. Being a pro football player doesn't make them less human, they will still be cold as hell. FWIW.

26-17

I lived in Michigan for a couple of years...2 hours north of Detroit. We had lake effect snow all the time, and didn't see the sun for weeks at a time.

I don't know what you're talking about. I got used to the cold after awhile. I simply carried my flask with me everywhere I went. One extra swig each time it got a little colder, and I was good.

:laugh1:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Well for what its worth its been in the 30s here in the morning and then 60s in the afternoon. So those morning workouts should help the team a little.

These guys will be fine. After all this weather talk, I cant wait to see columbo come out with shortsleeves.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Extreme;2463701 said:

26-17

:rolleyes:

I'm from Louisiana and raised between there and Pennsylvania. Played all my Jr. High and high school years in PA. I played in cold. Cold is 15 or below with the wind howling.

Once you start playing it can become a non factor, especially if it doesn't get into the teens.