Gameday forecast: Wind and Rain

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
With the run game not all that we’re gonna have to have the short passing game working.

CWR

Reaction score
Bills are playing well lately and they are fighting for their playoff lives.

Going to be a battle.

This game will be decided by quarterback play in those conditions.
It will be decided by who runs well and who defends the run. If it was just qb play I'd be thrilled cause Dak has been far better than Josh Allen.

CWR

Reaction score
With the run game not all that we’re gonna have to have the short passing game working.
Which will be really challenging with everyone playing up. I dont care for this at all. Our run game has come on ok, but not to be reliant on.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Old school football. Cool weather, running game, short passes, kicking and defense. Let's go!

Mark

Reaction score
I'd forgotten that this season's opener @NYG was played in a steady rain - albeit a much warmer one. Got a pretty good result there; it gave our opportunistic defense the chance to create a lot of turnovers.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The weather will be similar to the opening game against the Giants. So when Dak has subpar numbers he will get crucified like he did opening night because of the two dropped touchdowns.
That's what I was thinking.

I remember it being 70 and raining, but unsure of the wind.

At least the Bills also play on turf.

Praxit

Reaction score
....well, what gives me confidence. Is Big MM.

Being from Pitts and its elements. I see him having those guys ready.

Any loss now, could mean the #1 seed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this is a typical December road game indicative of what the playoffs will be like. I am curious how we will handle it. The team that can run it better will win. Buffalo, of late, has been getting better running the ball. This might be a perfect Josh Allen type game. Neither QB will be able to throw. It will come down to their legs. Kincaid and Ferguson will be key for each team. We will need Schoonmaker to earn his keep this week with the run blocking. This will be a bully ball game. 17 points might be enough to win it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If Dak struggles in this weather, he'll be crucified.

If Josh Allen struggles in this weather, he'll be given a pass... just like after he ate **** vs the Bengals AT HOME in the playoffs.

Guaranteed.
yup. He is the media's darling. Its taboo to be critical of him. Same way with Philly really. But Dak is always in the bullseye. If we lose it will be every sports outlet reading Dak/the teams eulogy. "State of the Cowboys."

Rayman70

Reaction score
The wind is the biggest concern when playing in Buffalo. The stadium bowl is set below the ground level, and the wind cuts through and across the field like a knife. I don't think that the rain is supposed to be particularly heavy - just steady. Winning the line of scrimmage and limiting Allen's scrambling will be key in this game.
run the dang ball baby. Mike McCarthy wanted this, well we got it. Run the hell out of it with Pollard and the full back. I'd call up Deuce Vaughn for this. We may need to run the rock via 40 totes given the wind forecast. Rico Dowdle is sick I think.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Bills are playing well lately and they are fighting for their playoff lives.

Going to be a battle.

This game will be decided by quarterback play in those conditions.
Buffalo has lost 3 of their last 5. They have been pretty meh all year. It will definitely be a tough game as NFL road games are tough and we seem to struggle on the road.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Bills 27 Cowboys 24
I think thats fairly accurate. Could even be something like 17-14 or 20-14 Bills. We need Ferguson to be a stud this week. We need Schoonmaker to be very physical. Buffalo has their backs against the wall. Only way to win a game like this is smash them in the mouth early and often.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just looked at the current forecast.
Heavier rain in the morning, then a steady rain in the afternoon, 86%. 50º high, 42º low. winds at 17 mph.

Does not mean it will be raining game time. Remember 86% is the "coverage area" for the entire area. It does not mean it will rain 86% of the time.
Buffalo is a big area, so 14% chance it may not rain over the stadium area. :laugh:

Of course the forecast can change again. Look how it went from no rain to rain.