Gameday forecast: Wind and Rain

Motorola

Reaction score
Given the weather conditions, FGs may be limited, so the offense has to do a better job of finishing drives with touchdowns. They shouldn't be counting on Aubrey to kick a long FG for a win.
4th down inside the Bills' 40-yard line...go for the 1st...or short punt attempt to pin BUF inside the 10-yard line.

Thomas82

Reaction score
We need the short passing game along with the running game. Don't let the weather stop you from getting the ball in the hands of your best play maker.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I gotta tell ya, it's like summer here in WNY
I’m in New England right near Foxboro. It’s not supposed to rain until late Sunday night Monday morning. The rain should hold off in Buffalo. Until Monday morning the storm coming up the coast I’m not sure about the storm coming across the coast. That’s why we get north eastern. We got hit from both directions.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
We need the short passing game along with the running game. Don't let the weather stop you from getting the ball in the hands of your best play maker.
If you are to be considered a good team and a contender, weather conditions shouldn't matter. Can't always have perfect conditions or crappy teams to play.

This is the game that will tell me what this team is really made of.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It's looking like a very light rain during the game. 50 degrees. Mild wind. For a December game in Buffalo, I'd say Dallas is fortunate. It also helps that its a turf field, so no sloppy field conditions.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Buffalo has been running the ball better since they fired their offensive coordinator and promoted QB coach Joe Brady to the position. He has them running better and throwing to their RB much more successfully. So don’t just look at their season totals for their run game and think you know about their ground game. It is better now than it has been all season and that is without considering Allen’s ability to pick up first downs with his legs.

The Bills ran very well against KC this past week, and killed them with passes to RB Cook.

Brady was the architect of that incredible LSU offense that won the 2019 National Championship with Burrow, Chase, Jefferson, and Clyde Edwards Helaire.

After that he was the offensive coordinator for Carolina and didn’t do too well… however, Carolina is a mess, so you can’t take too much away from that.

Dallas just needs to focus on how Brady has been doing things and be very aware of the ground game. They have to limit Allen’s running and cover Cooks out of the backfield because Allen will check down the the RB a lot more than he had been before Brady took over.

Mark

Reaction score
DAL played a pretty good game through a pouring rain in Week 1.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
We really going to need McCarthy to make some solid decisions this game. Kicking outside of the 30 yard line might not be wise. But that's why he is paid the big bucks to make these big gaming changing decisions.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bills rushing for the 2023 season to date, including Allen -
380 attempts for 1586 yards = 4.4 yds per carry, 15 TDs

Cowboys rushing for the 2023 show to date -
373 attempts for 1542 yards = 4.1yds per carry, 12 TDs

Only stat that makes Buffalo's run game significantly better than Dallas' ---- Bills' 112 rushes resulting in first downs, to Cowboys' 89.
They miss Zeke.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The weather could affect the passing game, so we’re going to need to be able to run the ball and stop the run. Hopefully Mazi steps up. With Hankins out he’s going to be receiving a lot of snaps.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It will be impossible for Aubrey to hit from 60 yards this week I am guessing. We need a running game in this kind of weather.
You are not a fan, apparently.

How dare you have doubt .

Oh wait...it only applies to Dak. He needs supreme protection from not fans.

Carry on then.

Thomas82

Reaction score
If you are to be considered a good team and a contender, weather conditions shouldn't matter. Can't always have perfect conditions or crappy teams to play.

This is the game that will tell me what this team is really made of.
Agreed.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hopefully Mazi steps up. With Hankins out he’s going to be receiving a lot of snaps.
Nah, they’re bringing up Carl Davis from the practice squad to take some snaps. Quinn doesn’t like those big DT’s to get too many snaps… actually, most defensive coaches these days don’t like the big guys playing a lot of snaps.

Keep them in a rotation and try to keep them fresh, that’s what they do. Quinn might use both at the same time on short yardage situations a few times, but overall they’ll keep their snaps down.

However, I do agree with you that Mazi might get a few more snaps than he has been, but it won’t be a significant difference.