Gameday menu!

Fmart322

Reaction score
New Jersey style sloppy joe?

348s.jpg

In New Jersey, a sloppy joe is something else entirely. It’s a triple decker sandwich... cold deli meat and cheese on dense rye bread... glued together with coleslaw and Russian dressing.
Must be a north jersey thing, like calling pork roll Taylor ham.

cern

Reaction score
Hahahaha...how ironic that you asked me that. So I used to stir the roux with the typical oil and flour but to make it a bit healthier I stated baking the flour with no oil.

On this last batch I baked the flour but couldn’t get the gumbo to thicken up to the consistency I like (even after using file and okra) so at the last minute I made a roux on the stove top with oil/flour and dumped it in.

I still can’t figure out why I couldn’t get thick like usual but it ended up turning out great.
It was zeke's fault.

aria

Reaction score
It was zeke's fault.
Lol, you know it was Cern. I know you’re a smart guy therefore I know you know how bad of an “investment” zeke was and I’m sure you even acknowledge that now.

Hope you had a good hunt this weekend, what’s in season next?

cern

Reaction score
Lol, you know it was Cern. I know you’re a smart guy therefore I know you know how bad of an “investment” zeke was and I’m sure you even acknowledge that now.

Hope you had a good hunt this weekend, what’s in season next?
Hunting in the snow is always fun. No more deer, but still quail, ducks, geese and cranes.
As for zeke, i was highly disappointed. Can't say why he dropped off so far, but he did. As for your gumbo, you needed more baked flour.

dallasdave

Reaction score
sounds good coachie.

naughty one suggested i come by and say hi.

hope everyone is well.

been very busy with a new business.
dont intend to take part on this board with the beer thread gone.

have a safe & happy new year!
Good to hear from you Putty --Happy New Year---stay safe

dallasdave

Reaction score
Well, I hope thjs isn't the last one for the season. The team has been playing well and its been fun to string a few wins together. Gonna light the pit and grill some steaks and ribs.
What's on your plate?
Happy new year, Go Cowboys and Salud!
Steaks rule :yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:
Glad you got to see Putty :bow:

dallasdave

Reaction score
Well, I hope thjs isn't the last one for the season. The team has been playing well and its been fun to string a few wins together. Gonna light the pit and grill some steaks and ribs.
What's on your plate?
Happy new year, Go Cowboys and Salud!
Dessert is the draft and picking 10th will top off that steak dinner :hammer::hammer::hammer:

I will take another order of Lamb ;)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
* I'm seriously contemplating pulling a temporarily "going mobile"
Down to Texas & playing my hand at being a freelance roving patrol feral swine exterminator,,,er,,, anybody know of which arancher/farmer in their A.O. who could appreciate that? ( I also fancy myself as a premier "thump pot/sour mash tender" as well):starspin::thumbup::starspin: