Gameday rituals

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
@LovinItAll make sure your girlfriend is coming over to watch the game. If she isn’t lie.

@CowboysWillRise gameday wife fight a go?

These two are key. Now everyone else do their part just to be sure.

Reactions: CWR

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I wish I knew. Santa brought it to me. I'll write him a letter though and try to find out for you. :thumbup:
Found that cup on Amazon, but will hold off buying it until after we beat the Patriots and stick with my lucky frozen Cowboys mug.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
When I was coaching, my games were mostly at night. It made for a long day. After meeting with my staff and players in the morning, my routine was to have a quick lunch with my parents and then come home and sit in my sauna for about 30 minutes after a couple of miles on the treadmill to clear my head. Made the day go by quicker. Now that I'm retired, I find myself doing the same thing during night games. Gonna have brunch with my dad, hit the gym, get a good sweat in the sauna and then start the fire for my meal.
Any of you guys have gameday rituals or routines?
I usually take the weekend off to watch football but last week I worked and doing the same thing this week. Wearing the same exact thing I wore last week. Zeke Jersey, Cowboys socks and shoes and my America's team cap. I ain't chances a thing.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I usually take the weekend off to watch football but last week I worked and doing the same thing this week. Wearing the same exact thing I wore last week. Zeke Jersey, Cowboys socks and shoes and my America's team cap. I ain't chances a thing.
Good job. They called and they will likely need you next Sunday as well. Sorry.

woobycat

Reaction score
Squats, deadlifts, box jumps and pushups this morning. Works off my nervous edge.
Lite breakfast, internet going over cowboy news, and catching up on all y’alls posts.
I’ll have a lot of prepping to do before our guests arrive for the games, so that will keep me busy up until game time.
I have a nervous, but confident feel today. Go Cowboys!

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This morning I am going to sacrifice a Ram to the football gods and then prep the skull so I can wear it during the football game.

LOL I keed I keed. I don't really have anything. I'm just super stoked for tonight's game. I don't always drink during the games but tonight I may grab myself a brew or two.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Now that’s being focused!!! We owe you brother
Dude is more right than wrong, in the ingenious ploy of running his ol' lady off/ outta' the room during game play,,,I used to couldn't stand that one Chicago Bears Fan ol' lady I had, she'd chirp out snarky& snide running commentary during the game,,,she'd really work me to the point of almost doing more than wanting braining her mouth&lights out,,,o_O

* straight up,truth*

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I've kept my COWBOYS Battle flag out front & flying since last Saturday,,,o_O

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I like threads like this... gives insight to the many great fans on this site, beyond a discussion of the Cowboys.

We start game day with an early morning, 5 mile hike, followed by a healthy breakfast, a perusal of the CowboyZone, a telephone call to the grand-kids (which at their young age, sounds like, "grandfather, grandfather, grandfather, ...." ad naseum - kind of a one way conversation), any final household chores (I am a bit OCD, so everything has to be in order before I start watching the game), prep for lunch/dinner and then the game.

A lot different and more enjoyable ritual now that I am retired vs when I was working fulltime.
Substituted 1.5 hours of snow shoveling for our more typical hike... The hike is a lot easier.o_O

LovinItAll

Reaction score
This morning I am going to sacrifice a Ram to the football gods and then prep the skull so I can wear it during the football game.

LOL I keed I keed. I don't really have anything. I'm just super stoked for tonight's game. I don't always drink during the games but tonight I may grab myself a brew or two.

Wait...we AREN'T supposed to be sacrificing a ram and wearing its skull tonight and blowing its horn? Shoot....

Anybody want to buy a live ram?

LovinItAll

Reaction score
@LovinItAll make sure your girlfriend is coming over to watch the game. If she isn’t lie.

@CowboysWillRise gameday wife fight a go?

These two are key. Now everyone else do their part just to be sure.

Bribe has already been made, plus she took a blood oath before leaving for her run, plus I have her dog with me. I'm prepared to hold the dog hostage if she pulls any shenanigans. Since the dog gets about 100x the attention I do, you can bet your last dollar she'll be here.

GO COWBOYS!!!

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
no rituals, no superstitions, and I don't wear costumes to the game.

JayFord

Reaction score
I don’t have one

But I have a Commander friend who craps all over the cowboys and says we cheat before every game

Every time he opens his mouth we win

The one time he didn’t the colts shut us out