News: Garret Presser: injury updates etc

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody saw what happened to Tim McMahon when he asked 'uncomfortable questions'.

Exile.

Nice, I forgot about that one.
There was another reporter asked a question in a PC, and I can't remember who it was off hand. But he was gone shortly after. Can't remember the question either, but it was a good 8 to 10 years ago. Could have been longer.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I am from NY. I am no fan of the NY media or the culture in NY but Garrett would have been run out of town years ago. Awww schucks doesn't work in NY.
We should have ran Jerry out of town but his early success with Jimmy appears to have provided him a pass for life from the fans.

I don’t know how else to explain the continued support for such an egotistical embarrassing dysfunctional football organization?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We had fans who just a couple weeks ago and all throughout this offseason proclaiming how much Jerry has changed and this franchise is making good decisions, etc.

Now after a couple tough losses it’s all gone to hell in a hand basket. Sounds like the fans might be the problem?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Dallas media has been pounding Jerry for 30 years. It’s the fans who continue providing the support despite the results.

The fans are fans, they will always, or most will always be fans.
That has nothing to do with the media pounding Jerry.

And they only pound him on the radio, in the papers. But even at that not too badly.
They need to be more in his face and Jason's about it. Put more pressure on him.

However, they fear of having their credentials revoked if they do. So they do the same old lame questions. The papers are not harsh enough either. Oh, they may print something negative here and there. But not the real stuff for the real issues.

Rayman70

Reaction score

And they only pound him on the radio, in the papers. But even at that not too badly.
They need to be more in his face and Jason's about it. Put more pressure on him.

However, they fear of having their credentials revoked if they do. So they do the same old lame questions. The papers are not harsh enough either. Oh, they may print something negative here and there. But not the real stuff for the real issues.
Jerry has them all on his payroll. Jerry prolly hands them their talking points too. THE DC.COM guys...I promise you, have been told what they can and cant talk about by Jerry and son. I HAVE NO DOUBT. Isnt it obvious?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I noticed. SOME fans here have been sucked into that bubble too. We know who they are. Its like "Jerry Think" TYPE OF A CULT...
Or, maybe some fans don't care about things they have zero control over? I just simply don't waste my time on nonsense. Same thing with the crowd who think they're the authority on salaries. But to each his own I guess.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

I’d disagree. We’ve had some of the most popular local sportscasters and personalities call Jerry out for years. And continue to do so.

You either aren’t reading the Dallas Morning News and Ft Worth Star Telegram or following WFAA TV locally which all three are most read and watched Cowboys coverage in the DFW area.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Everybody saw what happened to Tim McMahon when he asked 'uncomfortable questions'.

Exile.

Thanks for sharing. Very revealing. A pure narcissist. He does not care about the results as long as he is the king. Imagine, that was years ago. Playoff drought continues...

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I will add that it is amazing how Garrett continues to largely get a free pass. I am a NYer so I listen to the Break and Talkin podcasts all the time. Very rarely do they point to the coach. Very. I thought for sure this week would offer that but no. A bunch of other excuses and explanations. If you listen to that turd stack Mickey - we lost because of Tyron Smith.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has them all on his payroll. Jerry prolly hands them their talking points too. THE DC.COM guys...I promise you, have been told what they can and cant talk about by Jerry and son. I HAVE NO DOUBT. Isnt it obvious?

I think this is one of the reasons Jerry dumped the Ticket and went to the Fan as the flagship radio station. The Ticket did not want to conform to this. But also Clear Channel bought the Ticket as the contract was expiring. And supposedly they mutually agreed it was not working the way each wanted. So parted ways.

I still think it had more to do with the Tickets not kissing up to Jerry.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I will add that it is amazing how Garrett continues to largely get a free pass. I am a NYer so I listen to the Break and Talkin podcasts all the time. Very rarely do they point to the coach. Very. I thought for sure this week would offer that but no. A bunch of other excuses and explanations. If you listen to that turd stack Mickey - we lost because of Tyron Smith.
some fans on this board contribute to the problem. You know who. Never will understand that nonsense.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not really surprising when you consider the pass we’ve given Jerry .

Most cities would have forced Jerry to move the team by now or sell out.

We’re such junkies we’ve provided Jerry the #1 Revenue in the World with this crap he’s delivered the last couple decades.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They sicken me with their perpetual excuses for the under performing Tyrone Crawford as well, especially Broaddus, he and Tyrone must be best buddies the way he takes up for him. Broaddus did the same for the waste of space Chaz Green because he was buddies with Frank Pollard, the guy who championed for Green and ultimately lost his job because of it. For people supposedly so close to the team, it's amazing the sheer volume of stuff they miss.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d disagree. We’ve had some of the most popular local sportscasters and personalities call Jerry out for years. And continue to do so.

You either aren’t reading the Dallas Morning News and Ft Worth Star Telegram or following WFAA TV locally which all three are most read and watched Cowboys coverage in the DFW area.

Apparently they are not doing a good enough job then. :lmao2:

I do admit I do not look at their papers or web sites as much as I used to. Nor watch WFAA except after the game late night sports.
I know JTT would be very outspoken at times, but since he got his promotion he seemed too mellow. But I have not seen a lot of his stuff lately.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this years team is the same type of team we been for many MANY YEARS. Up and down ..Dak or no Dak..Romo, or no Romo. One constant however...Jerry,Stevie and Jason for the last 11 years. Coincedence?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Apparently they are not doing a good enough job then. :lmao2:

I do admit I do not look at their papers or web sites as much as I used to. Nor watch WFAA except after the game late night sports.
I know JTT would be very outspoken at times, but since he got his promotion he seemed too mellow. But I have not seen a lot of his stuff lately.
Ultimately the fans are to blame continuing their support without more success. Some of us have spoken out and protested but then there’s a segment who attempt to discredit us for it.

Continuing record revenue support isn't sending Jerry a message we aren’t pleased with the product.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if that's not the truth.

Was actually happy to see some emotion out of him when he got the penalty.
Continuing to fill the stadium and contribute with Record Revenue might be sending Jerry a mixed message?

Zordon

Reaction score
Nice, I forgot about that one.
There was another reporter asked a question in a PC, and I can't remember who it was off hand. But he was gone shortly after. Can't remember the question either, but it was a good 8 to 10 years ago. Could have been longer.
Steve Dennis?