Garrett’s inability to develop Dak is the most glaring

sean10mm

Reaction score
What does Goff look like if Jeff Fisher never leaves? He's probably an eternal stiff instead of a Pro Bowler. Bad coaching is radioactive to young QBs.

Alex Smith went from an epic bust to a solid pro the second he got a real head coach. Steve Young was a huge nothing until Bill Walsh traded for him. QBs live and die based on their coaching as much as anything else. Romo was only good because he was coached by Bill Parcells and Sean Payton early in his career.

I'm not calling Dak a certain star with better coaching, but this regime could waste any talented young QB. Hell, at least the Browns have an OC with a track record of success to develop Baker Mayfield.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Your on point here my friend. Totally agree. Romo took a beating in the pocket were he had to wait for plays to develop and the pasrush got to him. He didn't take a beating when he scrambled or got out of the pocket.

His last injury was anomaly and he was already brittle from all the beatings he was taking.

And with one more solid hit, Romo could have suffered some paralysis.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What does Goff look like if Jeff Fisher never leaves? He's probably an eternal stiff instead of a Pro Bowler. Bad coaching is radioactive to young QBs.

Alex Smith went from an epic bust to a solid pro the second he got a real head coach. Steve Young was a huge nothing until Bill Walsh traded for him. QBs live and die based on their coaching as much as anything else. Romo was only good because he was coached by Bill Parcells and Sean Payton early in his career.

I wonder if Payton would be interested in returning if he's fired.

rags747

Reaction score
You are either a qb or you are not a qb, all this talk about developing is bs as far as im concerned. Romo from day 1 could sling the ball with the best of them, how you expect someone to coach that I have no idea. Ha, its like teaching someone to be Steven Tyler...Yeah good luck with that.

rags747

Reaction score
I think Garretts offensive philosophy is based on the Cowboys of the 90's with Aikman. He still thinks that can work. You run the same plays and execute them and you win. The problem is that he does not have Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt and Novacek who just did not make mistakes in those prime years. Irvin was much different than Dez. He was a reliable move the chains WR. Novacek, in his prime was a lot like Witten. Emmitt was Emmitt, workhorse and reliable pass catcher. Aikman was so efficient.

That's Garrets philosophy and he just does not have the players, and he does not have the coaching ability to pull that off. It worked in 2014 and 2016 when we played mistake free perfect football and great Oline play. I don't think he ruins players.
If we had the qb Garrets philosophy would be fine imo, dominant run game only works with a qb who can back the defense the frig up.

sean10mm

Reaction score
You are either a qb or you are not a qb, all this talk about developing is bs as far as im concerned. Romo from day 1 could sling the ball with the best of them, how you expect someone to coach that I have no idea. Ha, its like teaching someone to be Steven Tyler...Yeah good luck with that.

Romo himself said he couldn't do jack until he was coached up by Sean Payton and Bill Parcells.

There is way more to being a QB than "can throw far."

kwcool619

Reaction score
I think Garretts offensive philosophy is based on the Cowboys of the 90's with Aikman. He still thinks that can work. You run the same plays and execute them and you win. The problem is that he does not have Aikman, Irvin, Emmitt and Novacek who just did not make mistakes in those prime years. Irvin was much different than Dez. He was a reliable move the chains WR. Novacek, in his prime was a lot like Witten. Emmitt was Emmitt, workhorse and reliable pass catcher. Aikman was so efficient.

That's Garrets philosophy and he just does not have the players, and he does not have the coaching ability to pull that off. It worked in 2014 and 2016 when we played mistake free perfect football and great Oline play. I don't think he ruins players.

You are correct in stating Garrett's Offensive philosophy mentality of the 1990's. However, Norv Turner and Jimmy Johnson made the in game adjustments when needed, and that brought success in the 1990's. Brought us couple of SBs. What is Garrett's excuse? He just does not make the necessary adjustments strategic wise or scheme wise. This is why the fans are angry and upset. It is downright pathetic when rookie coaches are outcoaching him.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Who has Garrett developed ever?

Everyone that has come and gone came in with their own skill set masking the Garrett’s ineptness.

rags747

Reaction score
Romo himself said he couldn't do jack until he was coached up by Sean Payton and Bill Parcells.

There is way more to being a QB than "can throw far."
Right, show me where he said that. Romo was well known as a guy who could throw the ball coming out of college with a lightening quick release and a gamblers mentality, it was also very well known that Romo could launch the ball from many different platforms, there were no doubts of whether he could sling the ball up and down the field...he had no fear. Dak was never known as a guy who could sling the ball up and down the field, big big difference.

Does coaching help, sure but a qb either has it or he doesn't have it.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
What’s this coaching staffs record against the nfc big boys in games that really matter?

Feels like we always lose to the packers, falcons, Seahawks and eagles

Tarheelcowboy

Reaction score
Garrett can't come on the field and make Dak throw past five yards. Dak is scared he is going to throw a pick.....I understand though because he can't throw past five yards accurately!