Garrett’s inability to develop Dak is the most glaring

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is a "great defense". That's no excuse for the quarterback or the offense.

It's been 8 years already, and over a decade in all. Forget any wishful thinking or lamentations about Garrett doing anything no matter what he had. The conditions will never be prefect enough for Jason Garrett to sit back, do nothing, and watch this team succeed as a spectator.

This coaching staff is finished. It's just unfortunate that we've had to waste several more years before the Jones family catches up with what so many of us have known for so long.

And Hall of Fane careers like Ware, Witten and (possibly) Romo, have been wasted under a head coach gifted a job he was never qualified for.

The Jason Garrett era will go down in Cowboys history as one of the biggest wasted opportunities of all time. That will be his legacy.
That’s all on Jerry for not surrounding those talents.

There’s really no hope for a HC to come in here and save us. Not the kind of HC we’d want. Jerry’s personal agendas won’t allow it. We’re totally dependent on talent elevating us.

Garrett’s record is secure. Given his lack of experience and interference with Jerry he’s had the 2nd most wins in Cowboy history. Not bad for a HC who shouldn’t be here.

Unfortunately my fellow Cowboy friends , no one really expects any HC to have much success with Jerry ways anymore . Parcells tenure pretty well ended any real hope we might have had Jerry will attract another proven HC or an up an coming hot prospect with Jerry’s ways.

Our best hope is with a QB like Romo or the next Rodgers, etc. I know many thought Dak was going to be our Savior but sure doesn’t look like it. Sorry

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he will be gone sooner rather than later. much ado was made last week about jerry saying he wanted dak to be run more and he didn't run once in the first half. garrett has now openly defied jerry. and that is where jerry draws the line. my gut feeling tells me two or three weeks and garrett's gone. if jerry give him a vote of confidence, he's on his way out.

I'm not that optimistic, but I think at season's end, what should have happened years ago will finally take place.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He won't he's repeatedly said he has lowered his expectations and he obviously won't be happy until everyone else joins in. Hence his reiterating the same points and clogging every thread he posts in with the same mind numbing crap. This is why he constantly got banned from the old board. He turned a thread about cheerleaders into a Jerry hate thread once.

Thanks for that background information. That's quite the history.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s all on Jerry for not surrounding those talents.

There’s really no hope for a HC to come in here and save us. Not the kind of HC we’d want. Jerry’s personal agendas won’t allow it. We’re totally dependent on talent elevating us.

This staff certainly is. Your eyes talking to the guy who coined the phrase "player reliant".

Garrett’s record is secure.

As a failed vanity project who should have never been gifted a head coaching job in the first place? Yes, quite secure.

Given his lack of experience and interference with Jerry he’s had the 2nd most wins in Cowboy history. Not bad for a HC who shouldn’t be here.

Terrible. Of course he'll have the "2nd most wins", the man who gifted him the job hasn't rightly fired him. If you want to bring up a number, bring up his winning percentage compared to his peers.

Unfortunately my fellow Cowboy friends , no one really expects any HC to have much success with Jerry ways anymore . Parcells tenure pretty well ended any real hope we might have had Jerry will attract another proven HC or an up an coming hot prospect with Jerry’s ways.

Parcells is actually a fine example that Jerry Jones is capable of change. That hire was a huge turnaround for those that came before.

Our best hope is with a QB like Romo or the next Rodgers, etc. I know many thought Dak was going to be our Savior but sure doesn’t look like it. Sorry

Dak's own issues - like Jerry Jones' - don't provide the cover you continue to try to give Garrett for his.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He won't he's repeatedly said he has lowered his expectations and he obviously won't be happy until everyone else joins in. Hence his reiterating the same points and clogging every thread he posts in with the same mind numbing crap. This is why he constantly got banned from the old board. He turned a thread about cheerleaders into a Jerry hate thread once.
In 10 years I was booted twice.

Once for a political reference and the other for bashing Romo for his crying retirement speech. Both by a mod who was a Romo Homer and despised me.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This staff certainly is. Your eyes talking to the guy who coined the phrase "player reliant".

As a failed vanity project who should have never been gifted a head coaching job in the first place? Yes, quite secure.

Terrible. Of course he'll have the "2nd most wins", the man who gifted him the job hasn't rightly fired him. If you want to bring up a number, bring up his winning percentage compared to his peers.

Parcells is actually a fine example that Jerry Jones is capable of change. That hire was a huge turnaround for those that came before.

Dak's own issues - like Jerry Jones' - don't provide the cover you continue to try to give Garrett for his.
If I believed Jerry would change or bring in another proven or experienced candidate I’d fire Jason yesterday.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
That's good to know. At least you're halfway there.
:thumbup:
Without knowing who Jerry would bring in assuming he’s not changing , firing Garrett only satisfies our immediate frustration it doesn’t provide a real solution.

Regardless who we’ve had as HC the last 20 years the results have been similar.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If one is honest here, hiring Moore was not a smart move.

It just wasn't.

Actually the support systems they have put in place for Dak are downright comical.

Not absolving Dak’s poor play but they have taken a young QB, surrounded him with other young QB’s who have no experience to help him.

Given him an inexperienced QB coach who sucked in the NFL and was only on a team in the first place, because our coaches are incompetent.

And they have let the talent at receiver and TE get lowered each season he has been in the league.

So yes, Dak is failing and he has part to blame. But the front office and coaches have done NOTHING right, to help him develop and be successful.

An EPIC failure of trying to develop a QB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Without knowing who Jerry would bring in assuming he’s not changing , firing Garrett only satisfies our immediate frustration it doesn’t provide a real solution.

Regardless who we’ve had as HC the last 20 years the results have been similar.

It gets us off of 8 years of proven failure. If it did nothing else, it does that.

And it also gets us off of the pure nepotism that's kept an unqualified coach around far longer than ever deserved.

That's two pluses right there, no matter what the new guy does.

We're already ahead of the game.

Legend

Reaction score
Actually the support systems they have put in place for Dak are downright comical.

Not absolving Dak’s poor play but they have taken a young QB, surrounded him with other young QB’s who have no experience to help him.

Given him an inexperienced QB coach who sucked in the NFL and was only on a team in the first place, because our coaches are incompetent.

And they have let the talent at receiver and TE get lowered each season he has been in the league.

So yes, Dak is failing and he has part to blame. But the front office and coaches have done NOTHING right, to help him develop and be successful.

I believe the FO did this to lower Dak’s and Zeke’s value since several Cowboys fans believe Dak alone should lead the Cowboys to the promise land.

Even the great Joe Montana had great receivers, TEs, RBs, and OL when he played for the 49ers.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It gets us off of 8 years of proven failure. If it did nothing else, it does that.

And it also gets us off of the pure nepotism that's kept an unqualified coach around far longer than ever deserved.

That's two pluses right there, no matter what the new guy does.

We're already ahead of the game.
But that’s not a real solution.

And maybe we need to define failure?

kskboys

Reaction score

Yup.

Hey, Dak is sucking, no denial on my part, but he's not getting what he needs to even have a shot at success.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why not? Explain.

Feel free. You can start by trying to defend Garrett's 8 year track record - outside of trying to blame it all on Jerry Jones - and we'll take it from there.
When I look at Garrett’s record I compare to other Cowboy HC this era. He has a winning record, most wins, tied for most division titles, playoff wins and double digit wins in a season.

Most impressive is only one losing season. He’s taken 2 teams to the brink of a championship appearance which I truly didn’t believe could be done with Jerry.

Not bad considering he didn’t have any prior HC experience, the most unqualified HC in Cowboy history.

All with the most meddling owner without the final say on personnel and roster moves.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Unfortunately with Jerry’s intent on proving he’s a football guy in order to recieve the credit he didn’t with Jimmy the Cowboys are very limited with the caliber of HC we will attract or pursue.

It’s lowered the Cowboys football operations this era to much less than the Championship expectations and aspirations of past eras.