Sounds like there's a lot more to why Lucky got canned

Got to the point he couldn't use his

eEtoFFB.jpg

to "get by" anymore.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Those screamy coaches.

You ever see one last? Those guys lose teams.

Please don't reply with something about a coach from 20 some ago succeeded with that. You get a couple good years then it turns to crap

I'll take a "couple" of those "good" years. LOL

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Hmm,
Wilson
Zeke
Irving
Lucky (prior to being released?)
DMC
Dez
Gregory (out of tradition)
Carroll

Obviously I have no idea. These are just the ones Ive heard about in the news this offseason. I feel like Im missing someone?

Gregory even being there is sort of comical.

Sydla

Reaction score
Oh he scolded them?

I am sure that will work this time.

Reactions: BAT

Cmac

Reaction score
I'm ok with a process, but a late process is as good as no process. C'mon Man!

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
From Dez: "“I really don’t have that much room to talk. Everybody has their own little deal with how they handle things,” Dez said. “I’m not saying Lucky didn’t respect Coach Garrett’s demands. I think he tried to fulfill Coach Garrett’s needs as much as he possibly could, but you’ve got to understand the bigger picture. This team is bigger than one person and you’ve got to have yourself in check. You’ve got to have your priorities in check. Coach Garrett is a well-respected guy in this locker room. It’s not for the media to say. We love the way Coach Garrett goes about his business and we respect that. That’s why we want to play for him and why we want to win for him.”
Don't post stuff that destroys a common agenda.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Garrett is thoroughly humiliated and tired of all this.

Jerry couldn't care less.

Most of these guys were Garrett players or wanted by Garrett's assistant coaches. Especially EE who Garrett wanted Jerry to get the pick in immediately while Jerry decided to wait and see if any crazy trade offer was available.

YR

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
From Dez: "“I really don’t have that much room to talk. Everybody has their own little deal with how they handle things,” Dez said. “I’m not saying Lucky didn’t respect Coach Garrett’s demands. I think he tried to fulfill Coach Garrett’s needs as much as he possibly could, but you’ve got to understand the bigger picture. This team is bigger than one person and you’ve got to have yourself in check. You’ve got to have your priorities in check. Coach Garrett is a well-respected guy in this locker room. It’s not for the media to say. We love the way Coach Garrett goes about his business and we respect that. That’s why we want to play for him and why we want to win for him.”
If only his actions matched his words.

robjay04

Reaction score
Hmm,
Wilson
Zeke
Irving
Lucky (prior to being released?)
DMC
Dez
Gregory (out of tradition)
Carroll

Obviously I have no idea. These are just the ones Ive heard about in the news this offseason. I feel like Im missing someone?

Maybe TWill instead of Gregory.

Not a big deal but I saw his name mentioned on NFLN yesterday and I was curious so I googled it. He was involved in a shirtless foot race outside of a strip club in the early morning a week or two ago. As I said----not a big deal but maybe not the image you want your players to portray.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Credit to Garrett for calling out the screw-ups during a team meeting. A shame that he had to, but he did, and I, for one, and glad he did.

Between this and finally cutting an idiot who deserved it, I'm hopeful that the focus can now return to what's important.

Dundalis

Reaction score
Nobody cares. The only reason Whitehead was cut was because he was expendable.
Of course it is. Using a bogus story (if true) as the reason to actually do it though is rather weak and kinda desperate IMO. There was no reason to even bring him to TC if they were so certain they didn't require his services. Guess what, players get injured in TC. That's part of the reason you keep players around who you don't expect to be part of the team if everyone is healthy. Also those that say it has nothing to do with sending a message are full of it. If the Cowboys don't have the offseason they've had regarding players being in trouble, I guarantee they aren't as quick to pull the trigger releasing him if they look into the story and find it to be bogus.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Of course he did. How could he not?

I honestly have no idea what people think goes on in NFL lorckerrooms. It's like some of you never even played high school sports if you think you can screw up off the football field, embarrass the organization, and not hear about it afterward. We don't hear about it because it happens behind closed doors, which is also exactly what you'd expect and what you want to happen.

Well if the press does not say it or they do not see it then it did not happen. Fact is the majority of what takes place on a team with players and staff take place behind closed doors not in front of the press or fans.