Garrett comment on Tank

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That's all fine and dandy but I don't think Lawrence really wants to hear Garrett talk about salary cap responsibility. I mean in the end, the Cowboys are offering him a really large contract that's going to have salary cap implications down the road anyway, so the HC telling him they need to be more responsible with the cap in this contract when they are likely only quibbling over a few million per year isn't going to sit well.

You want real salary cap responsibility? Don't sign him at all. Trade him and look for cheaper options at DE (which I am coming around to that idea if you can get Quinn and then consider Ansah for less).

This is nothing but Garrett being a public mouthpiece for Jerry. It's probably not going to sit well with Lawrence and his camp.
Garrett talking about Championships. lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Garrett talking to DLaw about the salary cap doesn't prohibit the FO from declining to sign him anytime going forward. You speak as if its an "either this or that" proposition when these things are actually all doable. I think the fix is already in to deal Tank and acquire the services of Robert Quinn by draft day, but what do I know? It's just my opinion.

This would not surprise me at all........in fact, it's a huge gamble to let this thing linger pass the draft w/o some permanent resolution.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Give him 20 mil a year and let’s go
He’s not gonna play for what he got last year
If he wants much more than let his agent find a team that will pay it and we can make that happen for him
He’s not worth $20 mil a year.

Silly

Reaction score
Lawrence is damaged goods since he hasn’t had the surgery. He is totally unreasonable in his demands due to the inflated way that he sees himself. He is not an elite DE. I have never seen him take over games like Charles Haley was capable of doing. Matter of fact, I don’t think he is half the player that Haley was.

I think he beat the pants off the cardinals 9/25/17. He was unblock able with 3 sacks. But the cards were 8 & 8 that season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think his leverage went up with losing Gregory and Irving.

What kind of DL are we going to have losing Lawrence too?

How much is that worth to us now?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
We know what the Franchise Tag will cost us. That’s a beginning point.
Okay but you know these deals are usually front loaded. Why should he get paid more this year when he will only be able to give them 10 to 12 games because he delayed getting his wing fixed. Something needs to be agreed to ASAP or he's just trade bait.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Okay but you know these deals are usually front loaded. Why should he get paid more this year when he will only be able to give them 10 to 12 games because he delayed getting his wing fixed. Something needs to be agreed to ASAP or he's just trade bait.
Let him go then.

How do you like our chances on DL without him after losing Gregory and Irving too?

What could the effects be on our defense and overall success?

These are the risk at hand.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Let him go then.

How do you like our chances on DL without him after losing Gregory and Irving too?

What could the effects be on our defense and overall success?

These are the risk at hand.
That depends on how much improvement our offence makes. We just saw a Pats team with a defense weaker than ours win a SB. So that weakened defense you seem so concerned about, may not be the death nail you seem to be thinking it may be.