Garrett has built this team for playoff success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The key to winning in the playoffs is to build a team from the trenches out. You must be able to control both lines of scrimmage. You must be able to run the ball and stop the run. You must be able to win time of possession. You must minimize the turnovers. You must play tough, physical football. Garrett has accomplished all of the above and we’re just getting started.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The key to winning in the playoffs is to build a team from the trenches out. You must be able to control both lines of scrimmage. You must be able to run the ball and stop the run. You must be able to win time of possession. You must minimize the turnovers. You must play tough, physical football. Garrett has accomplished all of the above and we’re just getting started.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nexx

Reaction score
hrmm.. I've preaching this since 90's when I started playing and watching football. It's pretty simple and fundamental. I don't understand GM's and owners around the league who do not understand these concepts and pour resources into WR's and Cornerbacks when their lines on both sides of the ball are weak. Hello Jerry Jones from 1996 to 2012!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First six sentences are golden.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The coach tells the scouting team what type of team he wants to build and the types of players he needs to execute his vision. The scouting team finds the players.

Maybe on any other team. But here the "GM" for life is Jerry and from the sounds of it, there several people who have a voice, or vote, and well obviously Jerry has final say.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Maybe on any other team. But here the "GM" for life is Jerry and from the sounds of it, there several people who have a voice, or vote, and well obviously Jerry has final say.
Well that’s how it was in the beginning but it’s changed recently if you’ve been paying attention.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Recently????? Soooooo, he didn't pick Smith!!! Lol !!!!!!!
In the beginning meanin when Jerry bought the team. Once Jason became head coach things changed. Do you think Jerry was excited about picking an offensive lineman in the 1st round. No he wasn’t. But Garrett had a philosophy and convinced Jerry to buy in. Which he has.

Cowboys22

Reaction score

Except he left himself as the head coach.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Well that’s how it was in the beginning but it’s changed recently if you’ve been paying attention.

Well actually, they've talked about how it is, on several videos. There is a group of people who have a vote from what I heard being described. So even if Jason Garret has a vote, I don't equate that to building the team. They've done a good job recently, but I don't see how you give Garrett credit for it, and Jerry still has final say, which is where steven sometimes steps in to talk some sense into him.

Status
Not open for further replies.