Garrett is a great coach waiting to happen

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Clapping when things go bad is indicative of the type of asshat JG really is. It speaks volumes as to who he is as a person and leader; someone who honestly doesn't give a **** and is collecting a handsome paycheck because of it.

That's slot of bs. Maybe it's not your style. How many coaches in today's league berate their players publically and still have long tenure. Even bill mostly keeps everything in house, most coaches do. People worried about clapping are worried about the wrong issues. Garrett is a chew your *** behind the scenes, smile in front of the camera guy.

I'd like to see him with more control on a team paired with a good gm.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Garrett has more success when he has more talent. If he’s responsible for our roster then he should be fired.

We definitely need someone to assemble a more talented roster .

Like the top 5 defense in Philly and their MVP QB they drafted. That’s what Garrett and every coach in NFL needs.

Garrett had a top 5 QB in Romo before. He also have a talented team the past as well.

He just needs to start coaching.

Blake

Reaction score
Heaven forbid he try to encourage the guys to keep their head up after a bad play:facepalm:

He can do so without expressing an over jubilant amount of gratitude and approval for every moment of piss poor execution on his and the team's behalf.

Guy is a phony. Captain Sobel type when it comes to leadership in the face of pressure.

wssaustin

Reaction score
There is no real coach in this franchise, but employee and puppets.

Here is what he needs to change:

Knock off the insane clapping. If a player makes a great play, yell congrats. Give a thumbs up. If a player screws up, for God's sake do not clap! Why would you clap?

When a player is suspending for drugs, vehicular manslaughter, DV, etc. or is late to practice or camp, DO NOT say "he's a player, we believe in him. His work ethic and love of his teammates is a testament to his character." Think it over. Follow Jimmy's way: "I will tell you something, he's got until tomorrow to explain his butt. Things happen. Stupidity happens. If he does not want to get with the system or work hard, there are a hundred otywers who want his job. I am through talking about idiots who do not, through his actions, want to be here."

Stop grinning at everything. Not everything is pretty or good.
Did jimmy and old man Landry grin on the sidelines? No, they were focused.

At pressers, tell it like it is: "Our pass rushing sucks. Our secondary is struggling. I will have the Allen HS secondary here tomorrow to show them how it is done."

When you lose, show anger: "We are going to switch some first-teamers to second. This loss is unacceptable. If you can't play for an hour, you need to be in better condition. If you can't hang with the opponent, turn in your equipment and give a younger, more talented player a chance to play."

Garrett has the smarts and skills. Talking and acting like a Pollyanna is not the way to conduct himself. IT'S THE NFL, NOT POP WARNER!!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think a lot of issues would be resolved if he would actually coach a little on game days instead of absorbing information to analyze for the following week. Maybe we could pull a few more close games out. The “just keep doing what you’re doing” mantra isn’t quite getting the job done.

It would also help if this "cerebral coach" could wrap his head around the "blood and guts" aspects of the game of football and drop the pass happy bull**** and play to the strengths of the team that's been built.

Blake

Reaction score
That's slot of bs. Maybe it's not your style. How many coaches in today's league berate their players publically and still have long tenure. Even bill mostly keeps everything in house, most coaches do. People worried about clapping are worried about the wrong issues. Garrett is a chew your *** behind the scenes, smile in front of the camera guy.

I'd like to see him with more control on a team paired with a good gm.

No one said anything about berating players. How many instances can you recall of Bill clapping at a bad play? I bet it's 0.

Garret is not a battle hardened leader of men. God smiled down on that Princeton nerd through the hole in Irving Stadium's roof one Thanksgiving afternoon and somehow he was deluded into believing that one "glorious" occasion in his otherwise forgettable career as a backup quarterback somehow solidified him as a field general and battle tactician when he is anything but.

I know the type.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Number one thing holding Garrett back from being a great coach.....clapping:facepalm:
Go back to your 'shine.
If you distill what I said into that, you learned nothing when your cousin/uncle Corny squeezed your head and poured the remains into those quart bottles.
You are 100% proof you imbibe to much. Seek help. Get treatment.
Now, go check the still. Make sure you have proper heat to the molasses and corn. Use creek water, only. Skim the bugs off. Drink it at the Grange Stomp. Tell Mary Sue Mary to wait fer me. I am better off than you, her brother.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
In his entire time as a coach - QB, OC, and Head Coach - Garrett has been average. He is not a good coach. Sorry.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Does Garrett put his players in position to win consistently enough?
Id say .. enough. He makes mistakes. They all do.

But overall I see lesser talent getting beat my greater talent. Always exceptions and why they call them upsets.