Garrett is getting eviscerated on Dallas radio

Aven8

Reaction score
I just heard Jerry will probably fire the kicking coach to send a message! :laugh:

Zordon

Reaction score
105.3 the fan interviewed him. I didn’t sense the same energy in that interview
They're always polite in those interviews. The rest of the coverage has been brutal.

Calvin Watkins, Tim Cowlishaw, Steve Dennis, & Nate Newton have been clowning him the last 2 hours on ESPN radio.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The media has always been soft in Dallas, homer. And that's coming from someone who lives 16 hours away.

When was the last time you ever heard a reporter ask Jerry, or any member of the staff or FO, a threatening question?.
Not saying they're New York media, but they haven't always been that soft. The old school guys who knew the winning of the Landry days were tough on them. There was some older guy who ripped Campo for a bad 2-point decision during a PC. Wade got ripped almost non-stop and Calvin Watkins even told him he could coach better during a PC.

Nothing like any of that has ever happened to Garrett. They've loved him and treated him with kid gloves from the start..

Shane612

Reaction score
If "eviscerated" mean slammed, he deserves it.
He's not a HC material.

Then again, maybe Jerry isn't allowing him to be the HC.
:huh:

Zordon

Reaction score
Not saying they're New York media, but they haven't always been that soft. The old school guys who knew the winning of the Landry days were tough on them. There was some older guy who ripped Campo for a bad 2-point decision during a PC. Wade got ripped almost non-stop and Calvin Watkins even told him he could coach better during a PC.

Nothing like any of that has ever happened to Garrett. They've loved him and treated him with kid gloves from the start..
I remember during one of Wade's last PC's before he got fired, Watkins, Steve Dennis, and Tim Macmahon were literally laughing at Wade. They had no respect for him.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
LOL .. Funny story an true story...
Last week I wanted to post this but said to myself I will wait until next week when we beat the jets so I post it while in good mood .. LOL

Anyway, so what I wanted to say last week is that it is really time forJG to not return. I am a big defender of his and my track record of posting says it all. But since last year it started to wear me down actually. The team is up and down, a step forward one year and one or two backword the next. Instead of building on a good or even great season, we revert back to bad habits.
Good coaching builds teams in 3-5 years with mostly baby steps, and then uses that as the basis of a winning culture. We are stuck in mid-level status now. One year we look good and next we take it off. Even in the bad years, we don't get a high draft pick. Bad enough to be mediocre.
This is the Dallas Cowboys for crying out load. We set the standards, we lead the way, we enter every season to win the SB. Now we just get excited rubbing shoulders with NFCE and making it to playoffs. Are you kidding me?
I was hoping JG would change this and early signs were there. But the product on the field is not good. noooot good at allllll. We made progress on drafting, scouting, contracts, and other areas. But we are still poor on game day.

The players are good. I know they are not performing on consistent basis, but for me once a players delivers it tells me they have the ability. It is the coaches job to prepare them and have them deliver every single week/year. And the coaches are coaches because they know how to use the roster and fill in gabs when injury or suspension comes around. None of that is happening

Coaches are not coaching. Even if one tells me the players are not executing, who chose the players? who is preparing the players? Garret should spend a whole day this week making the offense repeat 2-point conversion all day long for 100000 times. I doubt he or any of the coaches would do it. And that's the problem. Soft coaches, soft players

I should say, soft owners brought those soft coaches. But you can't change owners

:cool:

Tim93gt

Reaction score
First play from scrimmage the lions go flea flicker for 66 yards to quiet the crowd. Sigh... I really despise Garrett.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
They're always polite in those interviews. The rest of the coverage has been brutal.

Calvin Watkins, Tim Cowlishaw, Steve Dennis, & Nate Newton have been clowning him the last 2 hours on ESPN radio.
Doubt Nate has been clowning him. That’s his teammate. The 90s bros are family for life

jay94

Reaction score
I've been tuning in also and I have heard all this before. If by some miracle we beat the Eagles, these same people will be propping him back up as the best coach ever.:rolleyes:

Would not shock me he usually comes through with just enough to get by.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
“I wouldn’t be surprised if they go play action here” Booger

HB dive

LovinItAll

Reaction score
This was me like two years ago.

I went 10+ years without missing a single Cowboys game on TV.

I've skipped two already this year, and I can barely bring myself to care when they're on.

My blood pressure is certainly a lot lower on Sunday. Very zen.

Good. Both of you can find other teams and other forums. There's 31 to choose from, so take your pick.

I haven't missed a single game since 1987, and that includes every painful moment of Troy's 1-15 season. If you can only support your team when they're winning, you aren't a fan.