Garrett is getting eviscerated on Dallas radio

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
Heard Bob, whom I respect a lot, go after Garrett that you can't let GB and Jets coaches, out coach you. That our game plan is so flawed to stop their run and make no adjustments throughout the game, even when they are constantly beating the single high safety. Also, we are committed to our run in second half, basically running out the clock ourselves when down 21-3
At one point we went on like a 6:30 min drive and kicked a field goal. Can't have that when you are down 3 scores. We have seen this team has quick strike ability.

Eightneight

Reaction score
And IF JJ fires JG then what? Have you all forgotten that Jerry loves playing puppets? JJ will then hire another yes man and this vicious cycle of mediocrity will continue. It goes on and on and on. Cmon guys. It's been 23 years since this once proud franchise was relevant. 23 YEARS! Nothing is gonna change with or without Garret. Our only hope is to outlive JJ and hope someone can turn this mess around.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't understand Garrett would pop in and force Moore to go back to what wasn't working last year. We saw it work during games 1-3, I just don't understand the change. But, it's obvious we have reverted to last year's playbook and I see no other reason why that would happen. Is his ego just that large? In any case, if Garrett returns as HC I will lose any faith I have left in the franchise.
I posted this last week:

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/innovation-on-offense.442586/#post-9547855

He'd take things back because

1) As said above, he thinks Moore is a rookie play caller and you can't just turn everything over to an inexperienced rookie. David Moore speculated this started in New Orleans because Kellen had never faced a hostile environment like the Superdome as a play caller before.

2) If you haven't noticed, Jason thinks *very* highly of himself. He's the smartest guy in the room. He doesn't like others getting credit like Kellen did the first three weeks. Look at the way he handled himself when Wade was here. Look at that ridiculous little lecture he gave the coaches in All or Nothing where he threatened their jobs if they weren't 100% on board with Jason Garrett's message. A lot of what Jason has done ever since he became OC here is about cultivating and protecting his own image.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Just giving you non-DFW folks a heads up. ESPN 103.3, The Fan, & The Ticket are all teeing off on him. I've waited 5 years for this day. Sunday is the beginning of the end. :yourock:
Stephen Jones loves Garrett and staff as of interview today, so it does not matter what fans or media say.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Just giving you non-DFW folks a heads up. ESPN 103.3, The Fan, & The Ticket are all teeing off on him. I've waited 5 years for this day. Sunday is the beginning of the end. :yourock:

ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!!

Please JUST ONE MORE LOSS SUNDAY???????

StylisticS

Reaction score
My biggest wish is that former Dallas players (who actually did achieve greatness in this league) actually turn on Garrett. I would love to see guys like Primetime, Demarcus Ware, Aikman, Emmitt, Randy White, etc. come after Garrett. That would certainly be his curtain call.

At this point, TO and Dez isn't cutting it.
Prime time was sitting there trying to deflect blame away from Garrett.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Keypoint: as of today. Let us see how much he loves them if they lose to the eagles and then the giants after the bye.
They very well may lose to both or at least one.

I agree that once more losses mount he may very well change his tune but they are also excuse makers for Garrett, time will tell.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
My biggest wish is that former Dallas players (who actually did achieve greatness in this league) actually turn on Garrett. I would love to see guys like Primetime, Demarcus Ware, Aikman, Emmitt, Randy White, etc. come after Garrett. That would certainly be his curtain call.

I still think another plus in Garrett's favor when Jerry was making the hire was Jason's Glory Days connections in the media. Jerry knew Troy, Moose, Babe, and others were friends with Jason and would sell him positively to the fan base. They aren't going to turn on him now.

Jipper

Reaction score
Honesty can’t be any worse than being the head coach of the team that lost to one of the worst in the nfl

Verdict

Reaction score

If TO and Dez are against him we should extend him!

romothesavior

Reaction score
Not me. I was liberated last night. I won't suffer one more bit worrying the team this season. It's very zen.
This was me like two years ago.

I went 10+ years without missing a single Cowboys game on TV.

I've skipped two already this year, and I can barely bring myself to care when they're on.

My blood pressure is certainly a lot lower on Sunday. Very zen.