Garrett is getting eviscerated on Dallas radio

MikeB80

Reaction score
Not saying they're New York media, but they haven't always been that soft. The old school guys who knew the winning of the Landry days were tough on them. There was some older guy who ripped Campo for a bad 2-point decision during a PC. Wade got ripped almost non-stop and Calvin Watkins even told him he could coach better during a PC.

Nothing like any of that has ever happened to Garrett. They've loved him and treated him with kid gloves from the start..

watkins told Wade "I could have coached that team to the playoffs" that was during TC in 09 If I remember correctly.

One of the sorriest things I have ever heard in a PC. Watkins is just terrible.

Hypotenoose

Reaction score
Good. Both of you can find other teams and other forums. There's 31 to choose from, so take your pick.

I haven't missed a single game since 1987, and that includes every painful moment of Troy's 1-15 season. If you can only support your team when they're winning, you aren't a fan.

I’ve been a Cowboys fan since 1979. That’s when my grandad introduced an 8 year-old boy to the Cowboys. I’ve travelled the country (I’ve lived in the Cincinnati area my entire life.) to watch them play. Others on this board have been fans since the inception of the team. I’m humbled by their commitments. Some of them are, in fact, numb to Dallas Cowboys football after 23 seasons of utter futility. I was in Dallas when Emmitt broke the rushing record. Here’s the thing. Nobody cares about my backstory, just as nobody cares about yours. It has no relevance to the current state of any given fan and their take on the present state of the franchise. That said, and it’s not a dig on you, I’d be very surprised if you have not had a more pressing commitment that has overlapped a 3-hour Cowboys game in the last 32 years: work, funeral, kids event - yours or you (soccer, baseball, band, etc.), too sick, vacation, game not on radio or TV in your area, helping a friend move, etc. This list goes on and on, right? I’ve missed games. You’ve missed games. It happens.

The poster you are quoting literally said he has only missed two games in the past 10 years. There’s been loads of losing in the past 10 years and, I’m sure, several 2-game losing streaks (He’s only missed two games in that timespan, recall.). Of all the posts, you want to call out that one?

I’ve reached my breakpoint as well, after all of these years. I see an owner that would rather save face trying to win his way than winning for the franchise’s historical sake or for the sake of the fans. Jerry Jones is a textbook narcissist. He wants the Cowboys to win another Super Bowl to prove his detractors wrong and bask in the glory and adulation of the fans. But, make no mistake. Jerry Jones does not care about John Q. Fan.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am the biggest garrett hater out there but our defensive coaches are worse,their scheme is not fit for present day NFL.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I am the biggest garrett hater out there but our defensive coaches are worse,their scheme is not fit for present day NFL.

Garrett hired this defense its on him.

the defense has been mostly below average since he became coach....what is the point of allowing him to fire a third DC?

time fo him to be responsible. Same conversation for special teams by the way.

he doesn't deserve to be able to fire another coordinator, its his turn.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Garrett will be fine next week as we beat the Eagles. Just when you think he is done the team will save his butt.

Big_D

Reaction score
Garrett hired this defense its on him.

the defense has been mostly below average since he became coach....what is the point of allowing him to fire a third DC?

time fo him to be responsible. Same conversation for special teams by the way.

he doesn't deserve to be able to fire another coordinator, its his turn.

LOL some rather blame Marinelli, Moore, Richard.. it's just insane.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Time to breathe.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

The other thing. If we did score and get the two with about 40 seconds left he’s leaving time for Sam darnould and the jets offense.

he uses the timeout there but then doesn’t use a second timeout to set up the two point conversion? The most important play of the game!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The other thing. If we did score and get the two with about 40 seconds left he’s leaving time for Sam darnould and the jets offense.

he uses the timeout there but then doesn’t use a second timeout to set up the two point conversion? The most important play of the game!
Maybe he thinks Darnould can't do what Rodgers always does to us. The guy hasn't learned anything about clock management in a decade.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
over 6 years ago when this guy got jeri red-faced and me laughing hysterically:

That guy now covers the Mavericks. Gee, I wonder if thats a coincidence?

Pure gold. We are screwed because of JERRY JONES. That is the way it will always be.....He is a POS.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Just giving you non-DFW folks a heads up. ESPN 103.3, The Fan, & The Ticket are all teeing off on him. I've waited 5 years for this day. Sunday is the beginning of the end. :yourock:

2ucmjo.jpg

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I’ve been a Cowboys fan since 1979. That’s when my grandad introduced an 8 year-old boy to the Cowboys. I’ve travelled the country (I’ve lived in the Cincinnati area my entire life.) to watch them play. Others on this board have been fans since the inception of the team. I’m humbled by their commitments. Some of them are, in fact, numb to Dallas Cowboys football after 23 seasons of utter futility. I was in Dallas when Emmitt broke the rushing record. Here’s the thing. Nobody cares about my backstory, just as nobody cares about yours. It has no relevance to the current state of any given fan and their take on the present state of the franchise. That said, and it’s not a dig on you, I’d be very surprised if you have not had a more pressing commitment that has overlapped a 3-hour Cowboys game in the last 32 years: work, funeral, kids event - yours or you (soccer, baseball, band, etc.), too sick, vacation, game not on radio or TV in your area, helping a friend move, etc. This list goes on and on, right? I’ve missed games. You’ve missed games. It happens.

The poster you are quoting literally said he has only missed two games in the past 10 years. There’s been loads of losing in the past 10 years and, I’m sure, several 2-game losing streaks (He’s only missed two games in that timespan, recall.). Of all the posts, you want to call out that one?

I’ve reached my breakpoint as well, after all of these years. I see an owner that would rather save face trying to win his way than winning for the franchise’s historical sake or for the sake of the fans. Jerry Jones is a textbook narcissist. He wants the Cowboys to win another Super Bowl to prove his detractors wrong and bask in the glory and adulation of the fans. But, make no mistake. Jerry Jones does not care about John Q. Fan.

Then you and I both were in Irving when Emmit broke the record.

I was born in Dallas in '61 and was hauled to the Cotton Bowl as a baby. And no, I haven't missed a game since I erected a C-band sattelite in the 80's. I may have taped/DVR'd a few and avoided the score until I could watch, but I don't miss games, win or lose.

We obviously see the team's years since our last SB win differently. I don't see 23 years of total futility. I won't go through two decades of games, but last year is an example. Did we achieve our ultimate goal? Of course not. Are seasons totally futile unless the team makes or wins a SB? Not in my opinion. Sports is entertainment. For me, the Dallas Cowboys are my ultimate sports entertainment. I'm as disappointed and as frustrated as anyone when we lose, but I'm not abandoning the ship because we're 3-3 anymore than I abandoned ship in '89.

You think anyone is more passionate about the Cowboys than the Jones family? I don't. They live and breath Cowboy football 24/7/365. You can knock him because he isn't Steinbrenner, but to say he doesn't care about the fans is incorrect as I see it.

I read through these forums and the vitriol that's spilled over the construction of our team. I think we have a talented group that's capable of making a deep playoff run. Will we get it together and do that? Will our key players remain healthy enough to give us a shot? None of us know that answer. That's why we watch the games.

If someone can't stomach a 3 game losing streak or if getting bounced in the divisional round of the playoffs is too much to take emotionally, the Patriots fan club is open. Until Bill and/or Tom retire, they're the only franchise out of 32 that seem to be as close to a lock as one can get to ensuring a deep playoff run every year.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I don't have any specific quotes. I've been listening off and on all day. Everybody is ready to get rid of him. Everybody. Some caller just called in and his voice was shaking because he was so angry. :laugh:

Honestly...for the first time yesterday...I think you saw signs the players are checking out. The message has gone stale.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
in your dreams

It's the NFL. Every week is different. I feel like if any fans should know that it's this very uneducated fan base. What were we...2-5 last season at one point? How many times did the Eagles beat us last year?

romothesavior

Reaction score
Good. Both of you can find other teams and other forums. There's 31 to choose from, so take your pick.

I haven't missed a single game since 1987, and that includes every painful moment of Troy's 1-15 season. If you can only support your team when they're winning, you aren't a fan.
Good for you, but you don't get to be the arbiter of fandom. I still support them and follow them and want the best from them.

I'm just not going to spend every Sunday yelling at a TV when I know damn well how this season (and any other Garrett-led season) will end.