Garrett Just Keeps Running Left

superpunk

Reaction score
JordanTaber;2408334 said:
Had Romo started the entire season in 06, the 06 offense may have been even better statistically-speaking than the 07 offense.
I think from a strictly statistical viewpoint, the offense performed better with Bledsoe in the game. We scored more points, I know that for sure.

But, that is misleading, since
(a) Our defense was playing very well
(b) We played terrible teams
(c) our running game was awesome

When Bledsoe was in.

WAR Tony Sparano
WAR Bill Parcells
WAR Tony Romo

RoadRunner

Reaction score
Yeah the left side of the oline is a disgrace right now. Not run blocking at all, pass blocking like matadors, and committing lots of penalties.

At some point somebody has to get benched.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rack;2408335 said:
We had a good offense the year before Garrett was here, and that was despite having Bledsoe at QB for almost half a season.

We didn't have agood offense with Drew Bledsoe the year before... We had a good offense when Tony Romo came in, which means Tony Romo made this offense look good, not Tony Sparano... Jason Garrett, his first year, got more out of Tony Romo and Terrell Owens then when TS led this team as OC... That is just a fact..

TS was in charge of the running game and OL last year, and those were our two weakest links last year...

But like I said before, this offense led by Tony Sparano also collapsed in December when he was the OC...

khiladi

Reaction score
Rack;2408339 said:
We were 5th in offense in 2006, that's better than "Fine". We were 4th in points per game, again that's better than "Fine".

The lowest scoring total we had while Bledsoe was QB was 17 poitns (in week 1). Other than that the lowest was 24. Our highest scoring game of the year was when Bledsoe was QB (45 points).

Our offense production that year wasn't all cuz of Romo. That's pretty impressive, IMO, for Sparano to get production like that with that crappy QB.

We played the Titans, Commanders, and Texans during that stretch. Those teams were horrible. 3 of the TDs were from TO against the Titans, and I remember one of them was a pass by Bledsoe into double coverage, where the ball bounced off the hands of the Titans CB, right into Owens hands... Against the Texans and Titans, we didn't break 200 yards passing. Hell, we only broke 300 yards passing three times that year, with a healthy Terry Glenn and Terrell Owens.. Tony Romo was also playing... With Jason Garrett, even this year, with a pathetic offenslive line, it is still a norm...

Against jackonsville, this offense committed 3 TOs. We committed 5 against the Eagles. There were 4 against the Giants during that era Bledsoe was in the line-up.

Our offense was predictable. In fact, this offense was averaging around 2 TOs a game.

There was a reason TO was happy when JG became corrdinator.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
khiladi;2408830 said:
We didn't have agood offense with Drew Bledsoe the year before... We had a good offense when Tony Romo came in,

Yes, we did have a good offense, even with Bledsoe back there.

Do some research (or just read the whole thread) next time.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
khiladi;2408839 said:
We played the Titans, Commanders, and Texans during that stretch.

I stopped reading right there.

Doesn't matter who we played, "You are what you are" and our offense was good during those games. Period.

mv09

Reaction score
Are those stats legit? I knew Garrett was predictable in the passing game.. too predictable, but I didnt realize we ran left so much in tight games. Oh and Laredo:thumbup:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
khiladi;2408839 said:
We played the Titans, Commanders, and Texans during that stretch. Those teams were horrible. 3 of the TDs were from TO against the Titans, and I remember one of them was a pass by Bledsoe into double coverage, where the ball bounced off the hands of the Titans CB, right into Owens hands... Against the Texans and Titans, we didn't break 200 yards passing. Hell, we only broke 300 yards passing three times that year, with a healthy Terry Glenn and Terrell Owens.. Tony Romo was also playing... With Jason Garrett, even this year, with a pathetic offenslive line, it is still a norm...

Against jackonsville, this offense committed 3 TOs. We committed 5 against the Eagles. There were 4 against the Giants during that era Bledsoe was in the line-up.

Our offense was predictable. In fact, this offense was averaging around 2 TOs a game.

There was a reason TO was happy when JG became corrdinator.

lol

Flip on the dolphins game right now.

Then tell me which coaching staff you would rather have.

Jerry fell in love with superstars again and brought in coaches to cater to them.

The result is our old coaching staff is winning in miami and the current coaching staff will all be doing interviews in february for new jobs.

Its so sad watching miami play, it looks like us before jerry took over.

khiladi

Reaction score
Rack;2408904 said:
I stopped reading right there.

Doesn't matter who we played, "You are what you are" and our offense was good during those games. Period.

Actually, I'm quite sure you din't stop reading there... Like I said, the offense was turn-over prone. It was predictable.. They inserted Tony Romo for a reason... If this offense was good, they wouldn't have done it, especially since Parcells was the coach..

One more time:

No, it wasn't... We flat-out sucked, turned the ball over way more, threw less than 200 yards passing... Our offense was predictable.. with Terrell Owens and a healthy Terry Glenn... Our offensive line couldn't block worth crap...

Our offense totally sputtered when we played good teams, which quite frankly exposed the crappy offense for what it was... That is why Tony Romo was inserted, people were calling for the head of Bledsoe, and singling out this offensive line...

khiladi

Reaction score
theebs;2408929 said:
lol

Flip on the dolphins game right now.

Then tell me which coaching staff you would rather have.

Jerry fell in love with superstars again and brought in coaches to cater to them.

The result is our old coaching staff is winning in miami and the current coaching staff will all be doing interviews in february for new jobs.

Its so sad watching miami play, it looks like us before jerry took over.

They are playing Seattle Seahawks... a 2-5 team... BTW, it's 14-7 now.. The Dolphins are running a wish-bone, an offense that been phased out of the NFL, because it sucks... They play in the worst division in football... If they were in the NFC East, get back to me...

Wade lost less games than Sparano, his first year coaching... What is your point? We flat out toasted teams last year that were as crappy as Seattle this year..... In fact, Wade in his first year coaching for all his teams pretty much showed improvement...

BTW, I'm sure all you people would be crying foul is Jerry took a risk on a guy like Ricky Williams... Hell, Parcells wanted to trade their best player on offense, Brown...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
khiladi;2409013 said:
They are playing Seattle Seahawks... a 2-5 team... BTW, it's 14-7 now.. The Dolphins are running a wish-bone, an offense that been phased out of the NFL, because it sucks... They play in the worst division in football... If they were in the NFC East, get back to me...

Wade lost less games than Sparano, his first year coaching... What is your point? We flat out toasted teams last year that were as crappy as Seattle this year.....

BTW, I'm sure all you people would be crying foul is Jerry took a risk on a guy like Ricky Williams... Hell, Parcells wanted to trade their best player on offense, Brown...

take note of this seattle game. We are going to play them in two weeks.
It will be fun to compare.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2409017 said:
take note of this seattle game. We are going to play them in two weeks.
It will be fun to compare.
were gonna smash seattle on thanksgiving.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rampage;2409021 said:
were gonna smash seattle on thanksgiving.

dont be so sure. they will have hassleback and branch on turkey day.

I can see us losing that game if things dont change.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2409024 said:
dont be so sure. they will have hassleback and branch on turkey day.

I can see us losing that game if things dont change.
how do you know if hassleback will be back? the seahawks D is even worse than ours. we owe them for the slippery ball incident. but than again if we lose to washington the team will probably tank it for the rest of the season.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rampage;2409030 said:
how do you know if hassleback will be back? the seahawks D is even worse than ours. we owe them for the slippery ball incident. but than again if we lose to washington the team will probably tank it for the rest of the season.

hassleback and branch practiced this week, they were not ready to go yet, but have no fear they will play in dallas.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2409037 said:
hassleback and branch practiced this week, they were not ready to go yet, but have no fear they will play in dallas.
if we beat washington we will also beat seattle. if we lose next Sunday night this team will tank it.

khiladi

Reaction score
theebs;2409037 said:

You mean the Dolphins are beating a Seattle team without Hasselback and Branch?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
khiladi;2409042 said:
You mean the Dolphins are beating a Seattle team without Hasselback and Branch?

they are for now.

and they are at home.

Doesnt change what I see from miami though.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
theebs;2409044 said:
they are for now.

and they are at home.

Doesnt change what I see from miami though.

The way those players are playing, if they had the same talent level that exists in Dallas, they'd be around 6-2/7-1.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Garrett watches more film then all of us combined, so I'm sure he has reasons as to why he calls certain plays.