Garrett Just Keeps Running Left

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
CPonder14;2409135 said:
Garrett watches more film then all of us combined, so I'm sure he has reasons as to why he calls certain plays.

If you're whole outlook on things is "Coaches know more than we do so we shouldn't question them" then why bother going to a message board?

Sorry, but coaches make mistakes no matter how much film they watch.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Rack;2408333 said:
Nevermind the fact that 3 plays were ran between his first run to the right, and his second run to the right, nor the fact that those three runs took place within two separate drives...
When Garrett decided to put in a faster back and run a counter play in the opposite direction from the previous 3 runs, that wasn't pure coincidence.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CPonder14;2409135 said:
Garrett watches more film then all of us combined, so I'm sure he has reasons as to why he calls certain plays.

because he's a tool and is in over his head as a OC and if he's the next HC were in trouble the dynasty could be dead before it even starts.

aikemirv

Reaction score
percyhoward;2408121 said:
straight out of the official game books at nfl.com

Is that to the defenses left or the offenses left, because it seems we run to the offensive right much,much more than we do to the left.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
mv09;2408906 said:
Are those stats legit? I knew Garrett was predictable in the passing game.. too predictable, but I didnt realize we ran left so much in tight games.
They're legit, and anybody can check them out.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

And the play calling disparity is wins vs. losses. In the first half of the games we won, 54% of Barber's runs were to the right. In the first half of the losses, only 19% were to the right.

We didn't score more than 10 first half points in any of the losses.

We didn't score less than 10 first half points in any of the wins.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
aikemirv;2410608 said:
Is that to the defenses left or the offenses left, because it seems we run to the offensive right much,much more than we do to the left.
Offense's right, behind Davis and Colombo. And Barber does run right more often than left, for the season as a whole. The point is, there's a huge disparity between how often we run right in the wins, and how often we do it in the losses.

Barber's 172 carries from si.com
R 73 rushes (42%) in wins 51% in losses 27%
M 44 rushes (26%)
L 55 rushes (32%)

In the first half of the games we lost, Barber has only run right 19% of the time.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
percyhoward;2410590 said:
When Garrett decided to put in a faster back and run a counter play in the opposite direction from the previous 3 runs, that wasn't pure coincidence.

That's irrelevant. The whole point is the blocking on the left side (on that play) was excellent. Whether it was "Set up" or not doesn't matter.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
percyhoward;2408087 said:
Barber's first half numbers against the Giants:

To the Right: 1 rush, 21 yards (21.0 ypc)
Mid & Left: 8 rushes, 12 yards (1.5 ypc)

And for the year...

In 5 wins:*
To the Right
(51%) 56 car 225 yds (4.0 ypc)
Mid & Left (49%) 54 car 215 yds (4.0 ypc)

In 4 losses*
To the Right
(27%) 14 car 103 yds (7.4 ypc)
Mid & Left (73%) 37 car 70 yds (1.9 ypc)

*not including when trailing/leading by 21+ points in 2nd half of games
Percy, this is just my opinion, but I think you should send that to someone like Mickey Spagnola. In the past he has been known to forward things to the coaches.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Rack;2410961 said:
That's irrelevant. The whole point is the blocking on the left side (on that play) was excellent. Whether it was "Set up" or not doesn't matter.
We had Curtis and Bennett lined up on the right side. They had a safety in the box on the offensive right side, thinking the play was going to the right. They had the SAM on the LOS on the offensive right side, thinking the play was going to the right. Their WILL (Hawk, who was the only LB they had lined up on our left side) completely took himself out of the play when he bit on Felix's first step, thinking the play was going to the right.

The only blocking to be done on the left side was Witten, Flo, and Kozier vs. two linemen.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Hostile;2411051 said:
Percy, this is just my opinion, but I think you should send that to someone like Mickey Spagnola. In the past he has been known to forward things to the coaches.
Couldn't hurt. :)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
percyhoward;2411476 said:
We had Curtis and Bennett lined up on the right side. They had a safety in the box on the offensive right side, thinking the play was going to the right. They had the SAM on the LOS on the offensive right side, thinking the play was going to the right. Their WILL (Hawk, who was the only LB they had lined up on our left side) completely took himself out of the play when he bit on Felix's first step, thinking the play was going to the right.

The only blocking to be done on the left side was Witten, Flo, and Kozier vs. two linemen.

Again, irrelevant. They created a giant hole and the left side more then did their job.

Period.