Garrett not expected to be extended, per Schefter

Blake

Reaction score
The Mavs have not made the playoffs last 2 years and going to miss this year. They were bounced 1st rd the last 3 yrs they made the playoffs. So how are they setup better for the future?

You haven't been paying attention at all have you? Luka Doncic is lead candidate for rookie of the year, and for all practical purposes, should have been voted into the All Star game this year.

One could even make the case that he deserves MVP recognition, and he's only 19 years old. Mavs have a budding new superstar to replace Dirk that they can build around, and Porzingis fits into that plan.

Also, let me add that the Mavericks are more consistent contenders in the post season then are the Cowboys. Lol.

JayFord

Reaction score
I've been told he's injury prone. That's my only reservation.

He tore his acl and has been knicked up

But it’s more of “I don’t want to be in NY” than anything else

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
You haven't been paying attention at all have you?

Obviously I have. The Mavs are going on 3 years straight missing the playoffs. They got bounced in the 1st rd the 3 years prior to that. They missed the playoff the year before that. And the year before that bounced in the 1st rd. See the pattern?

Luka Doncic is lead candidate for rookie of the year, and for all practical purposes, should have been voted into the All Star game this year.

Only if the Cowboys had a rookie that DID make the Pro Bowl and was talked about being RDOTY? Oh yeah, LVE... The Cowboys have plenty of young Pro Bowl talent to build around.

Also, let me add that the Mavericks are more consistent contenders in the post season then are the Cowboys. Lol.

TBH they seem fairly similar the last 8 years. Either making the playoffs and getting bounced early or missing all together.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
I believe the tea leaves here look a little more positive than your scenario suggests
I believe your tea leaves haven't been introduced to jerry..............papa-san.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

tenor.gif

There is a God.

basel90

Reaction score
This is a great development and an enlightened decision by Jerry . Basically reach the super bowl or the divisional playoff at a minimum, or be gone . A one win playoff or a lack of playoff means the boot .This is good .

basel90

Reaction score
In my opinion, he's one of three guys in the running:
  1. Sean Payton
  2. Lincoln Riley
  3. Kris Richard
I think that's why this thing is playing itself out on a one-year basis. Can't hire these guys now, but next year may be an entirely different story.

Please no kris Richard . He is not head coach material .