Garrett not expected to be extended, per Schefter

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I'm impressed that Garrett winning a wild card game and then crapping out wasn't good enough for Jerry (finally.)

Makes it a lot less surprising that Garrett didn't/couldn't get anyone from outside to be OC. You're not getting an outside hire for a HC on the last year of a deal like that.

If better-than-average gets Garrett an extension, Jerry wouldn't have put it off until next year, because that's exactly what he did this year.

This. Everyone has been complaining about Jerry making excuses for Garrett and now he's said that making it to the Divisional Round isn't good enough. JG is basically hanging his entire legacy on Kellen Moore being a good OC his first year, so that should speak to the initial confidence they have in Moore. Don't worry though, it'll all be OK everyone. I'm sure Jerry will give you something else to complain about in the next few hours.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
This upcoming season will be a prove it all season then. Many changes of significant enough value to insist that we must be better than just one playoff win. Much better. Let's see how it shakes out when your job is on the line. I am actually really excited now.

Verdict

Reaction score
Problem is hiring a guy like Moore as OC. No way a REAL coach from the outside or at least an offensive minded one is going to sign here with Moore as the OC. He would want to pick his own guys. But that WOULD lend itself to another internal hire. Possibly Richards. He can handle the defense and HC responsibilities and Moore can handle the offense.

Real fans will not stand for any of this!!!!!!

The Natural

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Contrary view here, but I bet Jerry fully expects us to have a good year next year and for Jason to still "be his Tom Landry."

Jerry didn't give Wade an extension going into 2009 or Jason an extension going into 2014, and both were good years. I wouldn't doubt that in Jerry's superstitious addled mind, if he doesn't give Jason an extension now, the pattern will repeat again this year.

Remember, this is a guy who bragged to Dallas business leaders that he and Quincy Carter shared the same birthday and to his radio show audience that the Cowboys had a similar offense to the Rams because both teams employed Tavon Austin at one time.

Blake

Reaction score
Have you been drinking? It is wrong not to share!!

Porzingis and young "bird 2.0" Doncic on the same team for the foreseeable future?!

That's a sober assessment to those who don't have their head stuck in the sand.

Verdict

Reaction score
Contrary view here, but I bet Jerry fully expects us to have a good year next year and for Jason to still "be his Tom Landry."

Jerry didn't give Wade an extension going into 2009 or Jason an extension going into 2014, and both were good years. I wouldn't doubt that in Jerry's superstitious addled mind, if he doesn't give Jason an extension now, the pattern will repeat again this year.

Remember, this is a guy who bragged to Dallas business leaders that he and Quincy Carter shared the same birthday and that the Cowboys had a similar offense to the Rams because both teams employed Tavon Austin at one time.

Give em another dose CL.

Verdict

Reaction score
Porzingis and young "bird 2.0" Doncic on the same team for the foreseeable future?!

That's a sober assessment to those who don't have their head stuck in the sand.

Your mastery of saracasm knows no bounds.

HungryLion

Reaction score
So 2019 is definitely a year of uncertainty.

Either we suck, and clean house.

Or we're better-than-average again and Garrett signs an extension.

Neither option seems very desirable.

I mean another option is that we could make it to the NFC championship game........

:muttley:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Mavericks are the only exciting team to watch in Dallas right now.

Cowboys and Rangers season are done so that is not saying much. Mavs are 4 games under .500 and doubtful they make playoffs because of the trade.

cml750

Reaction score
So he needs to clap like never before or lose his job??? I will believe it when I see it. Jerry loves him some Garrett and has no desire to hire anyone who may make him uncomfortable as long as fans keep lining his pocket.