Garrett not expected to be extended, per Schefter

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
1) Keeping that seat open for Kris Richard.
2) I was hoping that Jerry was working a trade of Garrett to some stupid team, but all the coaching vacancies have been filled.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So 2019 is definitely a year of uncertainty.

Either we suck, and clean house.

Or we're better-than-average again and Garrett signs an extension.

Neither option seems very desirable.

If they aren't giving him an extension at this point it suggests to me that just being somewhat better than average won't be enough.

links18

Reaction score
So what gets Garrett an extension next year? How many moral victories does he need?

Legend

Reaction score
This is almost as great as the trade the Dallas Mavericks just pulled off.

Mannix

Reaction score
Doesn't matter. I am 99% sure that Morris the Cat with his nine lives will do "just enough" to save his job next year. And if the 1% wins out, we waste yet another season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I wouldn't count him out. Many fans thought they had him before, but he stepped up big-time.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

eeeenteresting weeeery eeeenteresting

giphy.gif

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Not sure why everyone is so happy. That just means Jerry is grooming Moore as the next puppet. I would have been encouraged before we promoted Moore.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So in 2020 it's either Garrett or Moore as HC.
no Moore will go out the door with Garett if we start the season the same way we did in 2018..no way KM gets pass if the offense is the same..they will help each other pack..:)

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On Wednesday, Jones was asked on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas about a potential extension for Garrett.

"None of that is anything that I would talk about in this forum in any way and so we won't get there," Jones told the Cowboys' flagship network. "I think I've made clear how I feel about Jason in terms of where he is right now as far as our ability to help us win football games. I think if you look at what we've done over the last few years you'll see a pretty good winning record there. (But) it's not enough, not enough."

Jones added he wants to benefit from the experience Garrett has gained since taking over full-time in 2011, calling him a "great safety net for everything that we're going to do with a young staff like we've got. I think we're in an ideal position."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ntract?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

JG will atleast need to reach NFCCG for him to get extended here.

imo.. things are playing out for kris richard to take over in 2020.