Garrett not expected to be extended, per Schefter

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Just curious but how we know Jason wanted an extension. I don't think its a reach to think he could very well have reached his limit with the Jones boys.

ShortRound

Reaction score
I guess this was a quote from yesterday... "Not enough" is interesting. Thought he loved Garrett.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25894361/cowboys-unlikely-extend-coach-jason-garrett-contract

On Wednesday, Jones was asked on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas about a potential extension for Garrett.

"None of that is anything that I would talk about in this forum in any way and so we won't get there," Jones told the Cowboys' flagship network. "I think I've made clear how I feel about Jason in terms of where he is right now as far as our ability to help us win football games. I think if you look at what we've done over the last few years you'll see a pretty good winning record there. (But) it's not enough, not enough."

Jones added he wants to benefit from the experience Garrett has gained since taking over full-time in 2011, calling him a "great safety net for everything that we're going to do with a young staff like we've got. I think we're in an ideal position."

jnday

Reaction score
You just indirectly said Belichick is better than Tom Landry.

Might want to lay low for awhile and consider plastic surgery.
Considering that Belichick has repeatedly said that he was a big Landry fan and that he idolized him, I think everything will be ok. Belichick has modeled his coaching after Landry.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif
clap clap chew, clap clap chew, clap clap chew

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Gonna be a bad year.. Jerry & Stephen know it. That's why they went ahead and promoted Moore. They'll both be gone after next season.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
This makes sense, so it can't be a Jerry decision...................so I guess if we start off like 2-6 next season they will consider making a change.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
Ugh, we'll probably do better than we should next season, lose in the playoffs and JG gets that extension he's been waiting for.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
This is almost as great as the trade the Dallas Mavericks just pulled off.
Thanks for the update. That is a crazy trade if it actually happens. I wasnt high on Smith Jr. But Kristaps scares me to be honest with his injuries.