Garrett offered Ravens coaching job

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ethiostar;1907462 said:
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2008/01/garrett_bolts_baltimore.html

Garrett bolts Baltimore
4:22 PM Tue, Jan 15, 2008 | Permalink
Albert Breer E-mail News tips

Jamison Hensely of the Baltimore Sun, the man on the scene by team headquarters, is reporting that Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has left the Ravens complex without taking the Ravens head coaching offer.

It has been communicated to Garrett by Dallas owner/GM Jerry Jones that the Cowboys are prepared to match the financial terms of any offer made to their OC. Garrett is believed to be off to Atlanta for a second interview with the Falcons, who just hired Patriots director of college scouting Thomas Dimitroff as their GM.

"It's been a good day, but I'm going to continue on with the process," Garrett told the Sun.

Well at least he did not just jump at the 1st offer. I'm also glad to see Jerry stepping up to try and keep Jason but in the end this is Garrett call to make. Hopefully that will be to stay with the Cowboys.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
ethiostar;1907462 said:

Garrett bolts Baltimore

Jamison Hensely of the Baltimore Sun, the man on the scene by team headquarters, is reporting that Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has left the Ravens complex without taking the Ravens head coaching offer.

It has been communicated to Garrett by Dallas owner/GM Jerry Jones that the Cowboys are prepared to match the financial terms of any offer made to their OC. Garrett is believed to be off to Atlanta for a second interview with the Falcons, who just hired Patriots director of college scouting Thomas Dimitroff as their GM.

"It's been a good day, but I'm going to continue on with the process," Garrett told the Sun.

Well if he left without taking their offer I can't imagine that the Ravens would be too happy about that.

Jerry can be pretty persuasive when he wants to be.

Duane

Reaction score
ethiostar;1907462 said:

Garrett bolts Baltimore

So RJ is off to raise the price again in Atlanta before taking Jerry's cash.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with money Garrett may have come to the realization that he needs more seasoning. The offense didn't look that great the last 4 weeks and that's a reflection on Garrett. I think he stays here at least 1 more season.

Duane

Reaction score
miamicowboy21;1907543 said:
This has nothing to do with money Garrett may have come to the realization that he needs more seasoning. The offense didn't look that great the last 4 weeks and that's a reflection on Garrett. I think he stays here at least 1 more season.

The only problem with that statement is if he realized that he needed more seasoning why is he going to the ATL for another interview?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
miamicowboy21;1907543 said:

it looked good enough to get an offer from the ravens and an interview with atlanta. wild that reflection...

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Duane;1907555 said:
The only problem with that statement is if he realized that he needed more seasoning why is he going to the ATL for another interview?
He said he was going to continue with the process. That dosent mean he would take the atlanta job if offered. If you're an ispiring head coach you never turn down an interview. My point is all these owners have deep pockets. So IMO garrett won't be swayed by the money. He has to be sure he's ready to become a head coach.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Woods;1906477 said:
No, I don't blame Garrett taking the opportunity either.

If it happens, let it happen fast.

We need to move on and re-build.

What are we rebuilding?

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Money isn't an issue for red he needs the right qb to fit his system. I'm pretty sure these are the discussions he's having with balt. and atlanta. I don't blame him tony isnt the right qb for his system and he's smart enough to figure that out. The guy didn't go to princeton for nothing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
superpunk;1906677 said:
I think for appearance's sake though - if Garrett was paid more than Wade's current contract, Wade would get a bump. Wade is technically Garrett's boss. It's not good sense to have employees making more money than their superiors. Doesn't really apply to players versus coaches, because that's almost like two seperate branches - but within that coaching hierarchy, I think the HC must always have the highest salary.

After that one-and-done choke job, Wade just better be thankful Jerry didnt fire his arse in the tunnel after the game.

Jerry will match ANY OFFER, be $3, $4, or $5 million a year. Money is nothing to Jerry and Wade better not say a dam thing or he will be the first one out the door and he knows it.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1906685 said:
Jerry loves this guy if he will match any offer... You know Red Ball is going to be the future head coach!

Man, you know Wade is sweating right now.

If Jerry will match any offer and he doesnt even know what the numbers are, you think he would stick with choke-job over his boy Garrett?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Duane;1907484 said:
So RJ is off to raise the price again in Atlanta before taking Jerry's cash.

LOL!!!

Red is going to be making twice what choke-job is next year. How weird is that going to be.:D